Fall TV Preview

Community's Danny Pudi Spies Chuck Cameo

Cougar Town isn’t the only comedy series crushing hard on Danny Pudi. Turns out the folks over at Chuck are also infatuated with the Community scene-stealer.

As first reported by AOL TV, Pudi is set to make a cameo in the fifth episode of Chuck‘s fifth and final season.

Who will he play? “Can’t say,” a show insider tells TVLine. “It would spoil it.”

Last season, Community loaned Pudi out to Cougar Town as part of an ongoing lovefest/talent sharing arrangement between the two shows.

Chuck‘s farewell season kicks off Oct. 21. Community, meanwhile, returns with its third season on Sept. 22.

Comments (24)

• Lester’s Brother!

Comment by Rob – August 31, 2011 05:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My unique response to this news was “Shut the front door”, 2 worlds are colliding. This is just insane!!

Comment by Celine – August 31, 2011 05:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny Pudi makes everything that much more awesome.

Comment by Lindsay – August 31, 2011 05:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching Community since the beginning (love me some Joel McHale) and I am slowly building a crush on Danny Pudi. The more I watch him, the more I love him.

Comment by Caiti – August 31, 2011 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any idea if he will be in the episode as Abed, like in Cougar Town, or if it will be a completely separate character?

Comment by Jess – August 31, 2011 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Doesn’t the story say that is not being revealed?

Comment by lauren – August 31, 2011 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For all we know Lester could be stalking the actor Danny Pudi from NBC’s Community . . . did I just blow your mind?

Comment by ultimate troll – August 31, 2011 07:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not a bad theory! And Jeff would not be far behind, no doubt.

Comment by DL – August 31, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Which Jeff? (mind blown x 2!)

Comment by ultimate troll – August 31, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved Abed’s cameo in Cougar Town so this news is just awesome. I love it when fandoms collide!

Comment by Dee – August 31, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is awesome! I love Chuck, I love Community. I can’t wait to see Abed on Chuck.

Comment by Amy – August 31, 2011 08:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool, i bet whatever his role will be it will be something funny :)

Comment by Adrian`S – August 31, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The episode is Chuck Versus the Hack off maybe he is the guy who is the hacker.

Comment by Ali – August 31, 2011 09:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha!!! Cool. Cool. Cool. Cool.

Comment by Raksha – August 31, 2011 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! And very cool, cool, cool!

Comment by Marianne – August 31, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope this is the start of Abed making cameos on a ton of different shows. Like where’s waldo!

Comment by Charlie – August 31, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just discovered Chuck, had no idea it existed, no marketing done for it anywhere. I love it and it’s ending already! I love me some Adam Baldwin. I’m looking forward to seeing Danny Pudi, he is very versatile and will fit in well.

Comment by Asha – August 31, 2011 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Two of my favorite shows and actors collide. BEST DAY EVER! Now I need some Chuck love on Community.

Comment by Becca – August 31, 2011 10:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • @Becca I agree with you…Maybe after the 5th season finishes up..They can make room in the study group for Team Bartowski :) If even for just one episode to see some interaction between Zac Levi and Chevy Chase…They could spend the entire episode trying to figure out where they had met before…lol. Plus Joshua Gomez would fit in perfectly with Troy and Abed…Even Capt. Awesome could have a nice run on the show.

Comment by Tater – August 31, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • one word, AWESOME!!

Comment by Amy – August 31, 2011 11:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping this would happen ever ever since I realized Danny Pudi’s friends with Zac Levi in Comic-Con. Also, Josh Schwartz knows Community showrunner Dan Harmon and Danny’s done a nice little cameo before on CT. I’m sure this stint on Chuck would be just as awesome!

Comment by Aiden – September 1, 2011 12:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post