Amazing Race 19 Features Survivor Champs Ethan and Jenna, Vegas Showgirls, New Twist

CBS’ The Amazing Race — winner of countless Emmy Awards for best competitive reality series — will celebrate its 10th anniversary this fall with a cast that features Survivor winners Ethan Zohn and Jenna Morasca, a former NFL player, a team of Las Vegas showgirls, the youngest person to ever sail around the world alone, and a pair of Olympic snowboarders.

Survivor: South Pacific Brings Back ‘Coach’ and Ozzy: Third Time’s the Charm…?

Season 19 of The Amazing Race (premiering Sunday, Sept. 25) will include first-time visits to locations such as Indonesia, Malawi, Belgium and Denmark, and a new penalty called the “Hazard,” which will impact one team’s fate right from the starting line.

Here now, your latest batch of globe-trotters:

1. kevin says:

Ethan and Jenna on RACE? That’s something but I’m looking forward to see a new twist on THE AMAZING RACE which included the show’s first ever double elimination where two teams are out of the race.

2. JD says:

CBS has given up on its reality competitions and are turning them all into Real World/Road Rules Challenge wannabes. I love Ethan Zohn, but he and Jenna have had their chances on Survivor, and The Amazing Race has already recycled past CBS reality contestants (I really hate Rob and Amber). CBS is doing is doing a worse job with Survivor and Big Brother though because they keep bringing back past contestants to prop up those declining shows and hide that their not doing anything new or original anymore. Just stop already, CBS.

• Dwayne says:

I don’t think CBS intentionally wants to recycle past CBS reality contestants. When you try out for TAR, they ask you if you have ever tried out for another reality show and what happened. Ultimately, I think it comes down to who applies and makes it through their interviews. I will always love TAR over other crappy shows like Survivor & Big Brother, because it is the closest reality competition show that is real basically. It doesn’t have people causing drama for the cameras or anything like that.

• ragincajun says:

I actually do think CBS should contract with the producers of the MTV challenges to make a “Big Amazing Survivor” challenge to air during the winter and summer in the dead periods between seasons of BB, TAR, and Survivor. I love watching the MTV challenges because the contestants are so familiar to the viewers and it is fun watching them interact and forming new alliances/relationships. It would beat crap like Same Name, Live to Dance, and There Goes the Neighborhood.

3. Larry says:

I find it hard to believe that there aren’t millions more delusional wanna-be stars that could populate these reality shows, that they have to keep bringing people back. I loved Boston Rob and thought he should have won Survivor a while ago, but Ethan and Jenna? They both won already, why do they need another chance considering they were brought back for the first all-stars season? Returnees don’t make nearly as good of TV as I think CBS thinks they do.

4. tikkanen says:

Ethan is kinda bland, but Jenna Morasca is awful. No thanks.

5. Sam says:

Oh my god, if “Domestic Partners” is that team’s chyron on the actual show, I will have a stroke.

• Taylor Geary says:

Why? Domestic partners refer to a couple of any orientation who live together, but are not married. It sounds fine to me. It’s better than Boyfriends.

6. pria says:

I’ll watch this season for Jenna and Ethan.

7. Kristen says:

Ethan above anyone deserves to be on this race as a two time cancer survivor. He has done so much for charity as has Jenna and most likely would use their winnings for their respective charities. Truly rooting for them to win this Amazing Race!

• E says:

Same here. I was actually happy to see them as a couple. I haven’t really followed them closely (and didn’t watch Jenna’s season at all) but it’s a great story and I’d love to see that Ethan is healthy enough to take this on. Looking forward to it for sure.

• Carrie says:

I agree. Just knowing that Ethan is a survivor in every sense of the word, has done so much for charity and that he and Jenna faced his illness together, they do deserve this chance to celebrate life with another adventure. I’m excited to see them return to television and will cheer them on all the way!

• Ben says:

Yup, I’m pretty excited to see Ethan back on tv. Jenna really annoyed the heck out of me, but she might have grown up. I originally hated Boston Rob but have grown to like him by this point.

8. Chmarin says:

I don’t mind having past contestants on TAR. It doesn’t get easier (not the best choice of words, but still, you catch my drift) just because this isn’t your first time at the rodeo, like on Survivor or Big Brother. You can’t learn how to play the game, because so much about TAR is about pure luck.

9. ultimate troll says:

Wah wah wah, past contestants wah wah wah.

And on other new, thanks to whoever at tvline did that captions for the pics, even though a lot of them are boy/girl couples whenever they’re same gender I always forget which is which so having every pic clearly say who is who by designating them as Ron (left) and Bill is helpful to me.

10. There are plenty of home businesses making 6-7 figures.
    A tax break is not going to change the behavior of either group.
    When the economy bottoms out, these guys stand to lose a lot.