Fall TV Preview

House Scoop: Jaleel White Sent Directly to Jail

Here’s a sentence I never thought I’d type: House will be doing time in the pokey alongside Urkel!

Former child geek Jaleel White will guest star in the Oct. 3 season premiere of House as a fellow inmate of Hugh Laurie’s titular grouch, TVLine has confirmed.

House Spoiler: First Look at House in Prison!

White is, of course, best known for his iconic role as the suspenders-clad little Einstein at the center of the ’90s sitcom Family Matters. In recent years, the now-34-year-old actor has made guest appearances on The Game, Psych and Boston Legal.

The prison-set House opener, intriguingly titled “20 Vicodin,” picks up a year after the events of May’s finale and also features a guest turn by Michael Paré (Eddie and the Cruisers) as the warden.

Comments (51)

• Jaleel White was also awesome in that Cee-Lo video – I would like to see him in a series again! I think he could transition past Urkel like NPH transitioned past Doogie.

Comment by Lisa – August 30, 2011 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess he did do that after all, and got 20 to life for it.

Comment by Michael Sacal – August 30, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nah. I will never see Jaleel as anything but Urkel. Laura ain’t gonna come and put money in his commissary, for sure!

Comment by Misha – August 30, 2011 08:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All this guy did was create an iconic comedy character when he was just a teenager, and you wanna throw him out of the only business that he’s ever known.

Shame on you.

If he has the skill and the power to do that again in a series why would you deny him that? Why would you deny yourself that?

More than Urkel. More than Urkel! MORE THAN URKEL!!!!

Open your mind.

Comment by Joe B. – August 30, 2011 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Nope. Still always Urkel. Stefan, if I feel adventurous. HOUSE DOES NOT HAVE ANY CHEESE.

Comment by Misha – August 30, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Racist.

Comment by Konkligo – August 30, 2011 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I know, right? Cast a black man–for prison!

Comment by Thomas – August 30, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Really? Nice to know I’m racist against someone of my own race. Keep trolling.

Comment by Misha – August 30, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh nevermind my reply. The site borked for a minute and displayed your comment as a reply to me. My bad.

Comment by Misha – August 30, 2011 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Racist? I don’t remember that many white people on “Family Matters” I guess racism only goes one way in most people’s mind. “White Men Can’t Jump” = Comedy, “Black Men Can’t Play Hockey” – Call the NAACP and the ACLU… come on now…

Comment by The Beave – August 31, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • :|

So when will premiere info get released that actually makes me look forward to it…

Comment by Sam – August 30, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Haters gonna hate.

Comment by lauren – August 30, 2011 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Would’ve been funnier if he was a patient of the week who believes he is lactose intolerant! Haha… granted, bold casting!

Comment by Ryan Schwartz – August 30, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for it!

Comment by Sally – August 30, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would LOVE to see White in other things!! He was great in Psych and I also enjoyed him in Big Fat Liar. I agree, if NPH (who I grew up with knowing as Doogie) could move on, so could he.

Come on ppl, get Jaleel more gigs!!!

Comment by Lynn – August 30, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watch House because of th xter ‘House’.whoever guest stars aint part of my business.

Comment by Ngatia – August 30, 2011 11:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really. Don’t they also have a black man as a DOCTOR on House also?!?!?!? and wouldn’t House.( a white man BTW) be in prison too. how on earth is that racist

Comment by wtf ever – August 30, 2011 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • House will probably expect him to know Foreman, or Foreman’s brother.
      Like they belong to a club or something…

Comment by Thomas – August 30, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He does well in roles other than Urkel…I liked him in Who Made the Potato Salad. #hilarious

Comment by T – August 30, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! I’m looking forward to the premiere!

Comment by AlAn – August 30, 2011 02:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope and pray for only the best for him. To many of our black stars are being put on the back burner. What black shows do you know still come on regular primetime television? Thanks to the writer’s and casting crew for giving our people another shot!

Comment by sharita – August 30, 2011 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There was Undercovers, but no one but me watched it.

Comment by bsj – August 30, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sharita – you have got to be kidding me…what is this “our people” stuff? I thought we were all Americans regardless of skin color or tone. I say we give ANY actor a shot regardless of skin color. We, as a group of people living together, have to get beyond skin color.

Comment by Dave – August 30, 2011 11:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should be awesome! Can’t wait!

Comment by Becky – August 30, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He should do a cameo in Entourage!!

Comment by Yuval – August 30, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I personally still love Jaleel White and would love to see him do more TV work. All child actors grow up and many go on to do very well given the right chance. I grew up on Urkle and loved the many characters he created on the show. I believe he should be allowed to do other things. I still believe he is awesome!

Comment by Shelly – August 30, 2011 11:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wait, the guy who played Urkel was black?
    That’s so racist…

Comment by reckless – August 30, 2011 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He def manned up! Quality actor in the game.

Comment by Zilli – August 30, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s grown up now and a lot more maturer now than them urkel days. He’s going to be awesome.

Comment by starbreesy723 – August 30, 2011 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Urkel was hilarious (and I’m a white adult). If he could do Urkel way back, he can do most anything IMHO. Great fun to watch. But really, drop the racism talk. House DOES feature a black DOCTOR, and if House is in prison, too, for being a bad boy, where’s the racism? Lighten up, folks. People can still dislike a black actor and not be racist. After all, do all blacks like all white actirs? Cmon, let’s get over this silliness. Dying to see Jaleel in House–I think he’ll be wonderful! And it might be a part that helps expand his acting techniques to play a part that he is nothing like. Good for him!

Comment by mimik – August 30, 2011 12:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You all should be ashamed, they could have cast anyone and Jaleel will do a great job in the pokey. They DID NOT cast him cause he is black or for any other reason than because they know he can act and they found him best for the role, be he black, Mexican or white…. Race was of no consequence in his casting and all you haters are gonna watch anyway so F@(k Off

Comment by Brandon – August 30, 2011 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may just make up for Mega Shark vs. Crocosaurus.

Comment by Kate – August 30, 2011 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • am I the only one intrigued by the fact that this season starts off a YEAR after the last episode’s events? that’s a big gap, though it’ll make explaining Cuddy’s absence much simpler.

Comment by TheTalkingBox – August 30, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think Jaleel White has enough talent and “range” as an actor to overcome the Urkel stereotype. I think he’ll do a great job on House. I’m anxious to see the premiere episode!

Comment by Lynne Pardi – August 30, 2011 02:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks!!!!!!

Comment by Brendo – August 30, 2011 02:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hugh and him together will be amazing!

Comment by Caio – August 30, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You do realize that if House actually took all that Vicodin, he would have overdosed on tylenol. Each tablet has 325 mg, and over 4000mg per day can cause liver failure (which I have seen happen).

So did the writers actually want him taking oxycodone, but that was too hot a topic? I know, I’m not talking about Urkel, but it just bugs me he pops them like candy and no one on the show ever says HEEEYY you’re gonna DIE from this! (I mean THEY DO, but just that he’s a junkie, not due to the medication, itself.) ????

Comment by SuziQ – August 30, 2011 03:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah, but Shore/the writers aren’t thinking that hard/don’t care and they probably fired their medical consultant a long time ago.
      Sure 20 vike would’ve killed him but it sounds “cool.”

Shore: Okay, House still did nothing wrong because he’d just swallowed a sh-tload of VICODIN!
      Writer: Um, like 8?
      Shore: A round number!
      Writer: 10–
      Shore: 20!!
      Writer: That’s a lot…
      Shore: *deathstare*
      Writer: F-ck it.

Comment by Sam – August 30, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL I can imagine. “A round number”. Certainly not “role model” material for all those wannabe junkies. “Let’s OD on vicodin, like House…so cool…..” but NOT since they end up…dead.

Comment by SuziQ – August 30, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re running on the assumption he took 20 Vicodin at once.

Comment by D – August 30, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Even IF he took 20 in a day, it would be an big overdose. 6500mg of tylenol? He could take 10 a day and be within limits, but I just don’t see him taking “just 10″ on any show. He eats them like tic-tacs! Maybe I’m wrong, time isn’t “real” on TV, so he could be taking them on various days and times. I just don’t understand why Wilson doesn’t say, “let’s get a liver panel on you, or check your tylenol level”, or …something.

I’m aware the story is 20 Vicodin = 20 years, or something like that. I like the show, but that is a big inconsistency with reality. But, House isn’t real…is he? Not everyone has big brains out there. Some people overdose on vicodin.

Comment by SuziQ – August 30, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Im SO ready for premier..I want house to get back to the basics..

Comment by erica – August 30, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The writers said they’re bringing back clinic duty! Lots of clinic patients!

Comment by ck – August 31, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved White on Family Matters. I hear that he has done very well since the show ended years ago. He appears that he is not your stereotypical childstar who usually goes out in the deepend when career opportunites are scant. I am looking forward to see him with House in prison that should be very interesting tv.

Comment by Mary – August 30, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh did anyone even notice the sentence that said that the premiere starts a year after the incident in May? So that means House has been in prison for a whole year. And finally will get released (I’m assuming).

Comment by uhyeahright – August 31, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • House should be the one in jail on DRUG CHARGES

Comment by Barbara – September 1, 2011 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait for the season to start. Also for those that are complaining about it being racist are forgetting he agreed to do the show. No body made him do it. If he didn’t take it then someone else would have.

Comment by Amy – September 16, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That someone could have been any color.

Comment by Amy – September 16, 2011 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its a same so many talented young brothers and sisters can’t find gigs.I think he’s talented working with such legends as flip and jeffersons maybe tyler perry will come to rescue

Comment by hak – September 17, 2011 03:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Successful troll is successful.

Nobody can leave the ‘racist’ thing alone now, regardless of the fact that there is nothing racist about the show ‘House’.

Comment by O Billingsley – October 4, 2011 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post