Fall TV Preview

Fresh Faces for Fall: Who's on Our Radar (and Should Be on Yours!)

Fall TV is almost here, which means some of your favorite actors will soon be back in series either new (hi, Zooey Deschanel!) or familiar. But there’s also plenty of promising fresh faces making their way to your TV this season. Some have paid their dues with myriad guest spots and supporting roles. Others are so straight off the bus we have to wonder if they even have their SAG card yet.

TVLine’s Fall TV Premieres Calendar: Save the 101 Dates!

From The CW’s new mean girl to NBC’s star-in-the-making, TVLine has selected the fresh faces you should watch for as the networks get back to business.

Fall TV Preview: Your Guide to What’s New!

Comments (30)

• Nick Wechsler is not a fresh (or REfreshed) face. Instead of advertising new people, why not give us readers a list of scene-stealers from the fall pilots? Like who’s giving the best performances? Then it would be some form of critical coverage instead of blurbs that belong in a press kit.

Comment by Sam – August 30, 2011 06:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naturi Naughton was in the girl group 3LW.

Comment by Linda – August 30, 2011 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan Minette played in almost every episode of Saving Grace too, so not very fresh.
    I’ll add to that list Kelly Garner who made a very good impression on the two episodes of My Generation that I could watch.

Comment by Soso – August 30, 2011 06:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can you not mention Dylan Minnette had a fairly significant role on “Saving Grace”?

Comment by sj – August 30, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly, he was amazing on that show. Brought a lot of heart to his role.

Comment by TaMara – August 30, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like watching The Playboy Club just for Naturi!

Comment by Spencer – August 30, 2011 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jack’s sideways son!

Comment by Sourabh – August 30, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that KYLE VALENTI from Roswell?? So glad he’s back on tv!!

Comment by Liz – August 30, 2011 07:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% WITH YOU! His character in Roswell went through such a great transformation. After the finale, I imagined he and Isabelle would be together since her husband was out of the picture. :)

Comment by Laur – August 30, 2011 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same!! He was so great on Roswell, I loved him. So glad he is back on tv, I remember him being in a pilot for something, I forget what it was, and then I never saw him in anything else. His character went through such a transformation. I’m considering watching Revenge just for him.

And in regards to Phoebe Tonkin, she was in the movie Tomorrow, When the War Began, which was an Australian movie based on an Australian best-selling YA novel. I’m not sure if it came out in America. It was a fantastic movie, (and an absolutely fantastic book series). I think it’s worth a mention. She played Fi, she was really good in it.

Comment by Lauren – August 30, 2011 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will only be watcing Revenge for Nick Wechsler. I also can’t wait for Grimm, David Giuntoli has come a long way since his Road Rules days.

Comment by Rick – August 30, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree! He’ll provide it with some depth, and definitely with his trademark ironic humor. Nothing else about the show may interest me, but I’ll definitely tune in as long as he’s on the screen

Comment by truefeather77 – September 1, 2011 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m really looking forward to seeing Megan Hilty become a household name. She blew me away when I saw her in Wicked and her voice is stunning.

Comment by Chelsea – August 30, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kat Mcphee FTW!…

Comment by NickC – August 30, 2011 08:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s be honest. I’m only watching Terra Nova because of Landon. I’ve been a fan of his since Degrassi.

Comment by Briana – August 30, 2011 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ah Sam.relax man…

Comment by 2by2handsofblue@gmail.com – August 30, 2011 09:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dylan Minnette i love him..!! he is not fresh he was in a movie called let me in he was also in saving grace, men of a certain age, another movie called clique, also against the wall, also prison break, etc here is a link to more of his shows http://www.imdb.com/rg/s/1/name/nm1910255/

Comment by alyssa – August 30, 2011 09:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Phoebe Tonkin! H20: Just Add Water is my not-too-secret, not-too-guilty secret guilty pleasure.

Comment by Elena – August 30, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Naturi Naughton was in an all-girl r&b group called 3LW, played the role of Lil Kim in the movie Notorious, and was in Lottery Ticket. She’s not that new.

Comment by jenkins – August 30, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should have used the purple photo for Phoebe Tonkin, because I had to search the web to confirm that is her in the character of Faye from The Secret Circle. She looks cool in that photo and more Cordelia.

Comment by tvfan – August 30, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Giuntoli is gorgeous and reminds me of another Brandon Routh. Can’t wait for Grimm. ;) :D

Comment by Vannesa – August 30, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who read this as being “fresh” to a major TV role? So many people rattling off some little known girl group singing that the Playboy gal did. I thought this was about who’s somewhat new to TV? Then again English is my second language, lol.

Comment by lauren – August 30, 2011 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a real weird mix of people that I know from various other things.

You have Dave Giuntoli who used to be on Road Rules. Then you have Naturi Naughton from 3LW, Nick Wechsler from Roswell, Landon Liboiron from Degrassi, Annie Ilonzeh from General Hospital and Genie award winning Karine Vanasse who I remember from Seraphin and Polytechnique. Not to mention a girl from the Broadway stage, an Australian soap star and Vera Farmiga’s sister.

Plus Isn’t Jared Gilmore the kid who left Mad Men because he had problems with January Jones?

All in All a recognizable bunch!

Comment by Phiilp Coogan – August 30, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a Degrassi addict, I really must inform you that it’s Holly J, not just Holly. Really, she’d go for your jugular if she read this!

Comment by Dirk – August 30, 2011 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote goes to Annie Ilonzeh of CHARLIE’S ANGELS. How come they left off a couple of breakout stars from that list like Shelley Hennig of SECRET CIRCLE who was great on DAYS OF OUR LIVES and Aussie Margot Robbie of PAN AM. These two should deserve to be on the list.

Comment by kevin – August 30, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very nice to see Megan Hilty on here. Like the article notes, NBC is pushing hard to make Katharine McPhee a big star when the real “breakout” is Megan Hilty.

Comment by Kay – August 30, 2011 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Um why would you call Holly J, Holly??!!!! It’s Holly freakin J Sinclair! Can’t wait to see Landon in Terra Nova!

Comment by Master_K – August 30, 2011 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kyle Valenti! I had no plans to watch Revenge, but now I’ll have to check it out for Nick!

Comment by Crystal – August 31, 2011 02:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • On this slide show the one that most interests me is Once Upon a Time. Maybe Grimm, too.
    OUAT seems like a bit of Tin Man and a bit of Spiderwick.

Comment by Templar – August 31, 2011 10:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the heads-up on Nich Wechsler. Under-used and un-sung, he has a lot of cards in his hand that we’ve yet to see. I will definitely check out Revenge just for him! Cool to see them using him in a new way, a fresh look at someone I’ve always liked. (He was in the Pilot for Sarah Connor Chronicles, not sure if that’s what’s being referred to earlier.)

Comment by truefeather77 – September 1, 2011 06:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post