Fall TV Preview

Meet Dancing With the Stars' Season 13 Cast!

ABC has unveiled the 12 celebrities set to fox-trot their way toward winning that coveted mirror ball trophy this fall on Dancing With the Stars, and boy, what a motley crew they are.

TVLine’s Fall TV Premieres Calendar: Save the 101 Dates!

Season 13 of DWTS premieres Monday, Sept. 19, at 8/7c, where it will air opposite Fox’s Terra Nova/House, CBS’ two-hour sitcom block, NBC’s The Sing-Off, and The CW’s Gossip Girl/Hart of Dixie. Results shows will be held every Tuesday at 9/8c. The dozen Stars announced to be hitting the dance floor this season are:

David Arquette, Ron Artest, Chaz Bono, Elisabetta Canalis, Kristin Cavallari, Nancy Grace, Rob Kardashian, Carson Kressley, Ricki Lake, J.R. Martinez, Chynna Phillips, Hope Solo

Comments (129)

• I’m with the majority…where are the stars? I’ve watched since season 2 but won’t be watching this season.

Comment by Ken – August 29, 2011 09:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dancing with… “whoever wasn’t too busy to see how bad they can be on primetime TV”!! Stars?!?! Only the pro dancers as far as I can see :(

Comment by OldTabby – August 29, 2011 10:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If anyone wants a good laugh, check out Nikki Finke’s description of the cast on Deadline, awesome.

Comment by JohnDoe – August 29, 2011 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • David Arquette and Carson are the only ones that I’ve heard of.

Comment by Ali – August 29, 2011 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummmm, I think it’s time to cut the show! Who are these people? What kind of line up is that ? Wow !

Comment by A.White – August 29, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Haha! That’s classic! Chaz Bono is a freak, u open-minded retards

Comment by lorey – August 29, 2011 11:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really love DWTS, but the “Stars” part is getting pretty weak, I am very disappointed with the line-up this time around, I may not watch this version, hopefully they will get some stars for the 2012 edition.

Comment by Larry – August 30, 2011 02:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • wow what a crappy line up! Chaz Bono???? they should have got its mom , now cher? that would have been awesome.This has got to be the worst cast ever! hummmm is this the last year for dwts??? ratings will definately go down now..

Comment by peg – August 30, 2011 03:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First: the show never said they were looking for A-listers, that was a TMZ story that never quoted anyone from the show and from a source that said Queen Latifah would appear
    Second: are you people seriously expecting Julia Roberts and Brad Pitt to do the show?!?!
    Third: the appeal of the show is the general randomness of the celebrities
    Fourth: if you care enough to comment then they’ve clearly done their job because it got you talking
    Fifth: every year it’s the same complain…Kirstie is a has been…never heard of Kyle Massey…Bristol Palin is famous for being knocked up…they really got an extra from sex and the city?!?!…and these same people make it to the final and 30 million watch

They are clearly doing something right in casting the show.

Comment by Jake – August 30, 2011 03:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well said, I agree 100%

Comment by David – August 30, 2011 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This season looks very good. looking forward the premiere. DWTS and Castle!!!!

Comment by Kayla – August 30, 2011 03:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • they need to change the name of the show to Dancing with the wanna bes and has beens

Comment by deb – August 30, 2011 03:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good! Now I can watch Terra Nova and other new shows..will Cher go see her daughter/son dancing?

Comment by nitemar – August 30, 2011 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Neither will we be watching this one!!! Who are these weird-os???

Comment by D Wilson – August 30, 2011 05:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought they were going to stop casting B-list “celebrities.” These aren’t even B-listers . . . I think I’ll skip this season. Chaz Bono?! Really? And who the heck is Hope Solo? Good grief.

Comment by Francie – August 30, 2011 05:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst DWTS season ever!

Comment by dmuse – August 30, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like this show and usually watch. But this batch of “stars” is not worth tuning in for.

Comment by TVGirl – August 30, 2011 06:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This may be the cast that kills this show. I’ve never seen them fill the cast with so many people who have create such strong negative reactions. Personally, I can’t stomach Nancy Grace… I won’t even watch the clips on CNN’s web site if she’s in them. Can’t imagine why anyone ever watches her.

But beside that, Artest is more famous for being a jerk than for his playing ability, the Kardashians make many turn the channel immediately, many others will balk immediately as soon as they see Chaz Bono, and many are repulsed by Arquette’s addictions. I’m betting they’ll have their worst ratings ever.

Comment by KMG – August 30, 2011 06:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want to know who they are partnered with. I have seen a site today that said Max is not back, so I am just wondering who the pro dancers are going to be. Since there is no one on the list that I am a big fan of, I will probably decide if I tune in based on the partnership.

Comment by Um – August 30, 2011 07:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Be positive about the cast….ok. This cast means I can now watch Hart of Dixie without fearing that I’m missing anything good!

Comment by Alice – August 30, 2011 07:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good job being positive!

Comment by Renee – August 30, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • dont like the list yet! Dont know any of them ! Hoping the other half is good and that sabrina bryan is on there cuz shes a good dancer !!!!!!!

Comment by Nataly – August 30, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thought they were only going with real stars this year…yeah right

Comment by shelly – August 30, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well I guess I won’t be wasting my time with this season of DWTS. Now I can watch GG & Hart of Dixie.

Comment by Joann – August 30, 2011 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So when are they going to just rename this show “Dancing with the Losers Desperately Trying To Extend Their 15 Minutes of Fame?”

Comment by ThatBob – August 30, 2011 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched last year for 3 shows, gave up and read a book. The contestants, with the exception of Ricki Lake, I’ll read another book.

Comment by prrp – August 30, 2011 10:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does this mean rob k has a job now ??? Lol. …. Such a loser …. I’m sick of hearing the name kardashian ….do not support anything they do …btw … Does anyone in that family give to the less fortunate ? Or do they just line their pockets … They are famous for doing nothing !!! Pathetic

Comment by Fortladerdude – August 30, 2011 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My mom is a big fan of DWTS, but I have never been interested, even though I’m a “So You Think You Can Dance” junkie. Since they’ve cast Chaz this year, I will actually be watching for the first time.

Comment by Melodie – August 30, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Won’t be watching, but the only real question is: WILL CHER SHOW UP FOR CHAZ? mwahahahahaha

Comment by Danielle H. – August 30, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Whoever was in charge of booking these “stars” needs to lose their job. Did the circus come to town and this is what they left behind?

Wasn’t ruining ABC Daytime enough — now they’re going after nighttime with one of the most terrible Fall lineups in recent memory!

Comment by Jim – August 30, 2011 04:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No one mentions the beauty of Elisbetta Canalis who is as famous in Italy as any of the recent Ford American Models are in the U.S.. What a wonderful treat to have us also adore this beautiful fashion model stepping out of her comfort zone to a new dancing environment where she does not speak the language and yet be taken in to the family of dancers as one of their own…eat your heart out George!

Comment by Bren Ferguson – August 30, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Many of these “stars” need a career boost. One needs to overcome being hated for her over the top “bitch” factor. And one needs to lose some serious weight. This DWTS has train wreck appeal and I for one will be watching. Brilliant casting!

Comment by Real Person – August 31, 2011 01:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the cast picked this year is awful. Not happy that Chaz will be there and Nancy Grace. Who picked these people. Have been a fan and watched every season but don’t think so this season. None of these people I consider a star.

Comment by Virginia – August 31, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TERRIBLE WHO ARE THESE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!! CAN I BE ON SEASON 14 I’M A STAR LOL…………………………

Comment by Jodie Morton – August 31, 2011 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care who the put on the show,I love watching how they transform from week to week. My only complaint is that they leave 1/2 the vote to us, the onlookers. We should only get 25% and the judges 75% so the real improvers can move on. That is what this should be all about, not who has more friends/followers but who is truly trying and getting better.

Comment by sue – September 1, 2011 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will never watch this show again. It has gotten worse every year. Now with Chaz on it that does it for me.

Comment by sac – September 2, 2011 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow people, ever think about skipping TV all together and picking up a book?

Comment by Anita – September 3, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i have watched dancig with the stars from the beginning. and i have to tell you if Chaz Bono is in fact going to be there dancing, i will not watch this show. i think their taste in contestants are getting way off base..too bad..i liked the show, i even nick-name Glen the judge McCranky…Tom used it in last 2 seasons…got a kick out of it….

Comment by Debra – September 3, 2011 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I too have watched the show since the first season and look forward to it even more because of Chaz Bono. He has a heart, a set of lungs, a brain – he’s just a person like you and me. His sexual preference, the color of your skin and where you were born doesn’t change that.

Comment by Lizzy – September 10, 2011 06:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was looking forward to a new season, but they have stooped too low this time. Won’t be tuning in.

Comment by jean – September 5, 2011 10:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • #dwts http://soc.li/ck7GcjC @TeamSchwaz

you may be losing some bigoted hateful viewers, but you’re gaining some open minded and loving NEW viewers. I dislike reality TV in general and have never watched your show, but will be doing so all season because of the fact @Chazbono will be on there! Thank you for including a transgender individual on your show! This means so much to not only the LGBT community, but especially the transgender community! Thank you and Kudos to you @Cher for being such a supportive mother and friend to the transgender community during all of this conflict! The lies, hate, and just plain bushtit people are trying to force on others is so sad… None of these “Christian” groups/people say they’ll stop watching when a @Playboy Playmate is going to be on the show… So sick of the Transgender community not having a louder, stronger, respectable voice on the main stage! @chazbono thank you for being that voice! Can’t wait to watch and vote for you! GL! As a Christian, it pains me beyond belief to hear people that claim the same God I do, the same Messiah (ya know, the one who offers redemption, forgiveness, understanding and Love for all his children) spewing such hateful, evil, sinful judgments upon fellow children of god. You know not the heart of man. To claim as much is to claim the power of God and that is by far one of the greatest sins. You claim to speak to God, or to know the heart of Jesus, but your words and mouth are wicked and bring shame to the house of the Lord. You have no right to speak for the Father. You bring fire to hell to make it stronger, rather than shining light on His love so that we all might live happy and longer. You turn people away from the Lord, when what he teaches is to bring people to him through love and redemption. Forgive these people with hearts full of hatred and judgment for they know not what they do.
    “They use God like He’s a weapon only for a chosen few, then hide behind pious face, like the guilty always do” – Sisters of Mercy ~ by Cher

Comment by JosiahSean – September 6, 2011 09:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • People should not watch the show because none of these people are actually stars , not because of one individual contestant. Have never watched and never will !

Comment by FloridaMe – September 7, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never been a close fan, but , I feel my openion does count, I’m watching for JR Martinez, This Man not only fought for our Country, but has proven to others through war and fatalities, you can pick up and be strong and,be still all ya want to be, to other soldiers-Male or Female. He’s also a great actor,gone far in his career. Great personality ++Great American++. He’s beautiful inside and out. I want to see all the skills he has as himself,. He may not be the best dancer/ Who knows? / I’m gonna watch for him,if he does good than great, if not then thats great too/ he’s giving his all–He’s given more than I could. He’s an awsome hero.

Comment by Vickie Terrell – September 8, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • JR you are amazing, strong and one heck of a role model for us all. Thank you,

Comment by Lizzy – September 10, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such negativity. The show has had some not so famous people but I just love to see the dancing. That’s what it should be about. An hour of frivilous tv to take our minds off of the world situation. Every now & then it does some good to just watch people improve their dancing skills (unless your Master P).

Comment by Pat – September 9, 2011 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am Canadian and we have been taught not to discriminate against anyone. I am proud that Chaz has the guts to do the show amongst so much controversy. I hope you go far Chaz.

Comment by Lizzy – September 10, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Holy I only know 2 stars:( I was truly waiting for this season but knowing only 2 ppl idk anymore:(

Comment by Mak – September 19, 2011 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So far so good, Just wish Bono will go home

Comment by Alexis Elder – September 23, 2011 10:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOULD BE NICE TO SEE, CLINT EASTWOOD, VALERIE BERTINELLI, OR EXPECIALLY SAM ELLIOTT IN NEXT SEASON

Comment by tara racine – October 29, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Undeniably believe that which you stated.

Your favorite justification seemed to be on the internet the easiest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people consider worries that
    they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well
    as defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a
    signal. Will probably be back to get more.
    Thanks

Comment by dancing with the stars spoilers – February 28, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post