Fall TV Preview

Veronica Mars' Jason Dohring Joins The CW's Ringer: Hot for Teacher?

Jason Dohring is returning to his old haunt, The CW.

The Veronica Mars alum has landed on Ringer, the network’s buzzy new drama-thriller, EW.com reports.

Ringer Exclusive: AMC Vet Justin Bruening to Woo Sarah Michelle Gellar

Ringer stars Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) as Bridget, a troubled young woman who assumes the identity of her wealthy twin sister Siobhan. Dohring will recur as Mr. Carpenter, a teacher at the New York City high school that Siobhan’s stepdaughter attends.

Ringer @ Comic-Con: Sarah Michelle Gellar Slays Us, Plus a Hot New Promo!

Dohring, who most recently guest-starred on Lie to Me and CSI, also boasts some Buffy-esque connections. He played a vampire on CBS’ short-lived Moonlight, and he shared scenes with two other Buffy alumni — Alyson Hannigan and Charisma Carpenter — on Veronica Mars.

The Men of CW’s Ringer Talk Sarah Michelle Gellar, Lost Love, Buffy Comparisons

The CW’s Ringer premieres Tuesday, Sept. 13, at 9/8c, leading out of 90210.

Comments (41)

• One more reason for me to watch this show!

Comment by Stacey – August 29, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree! If SMG wasn’t enough, this does it for me. Definitely Tivoing this show

Comment by kyrjar – August 29, 2011 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I thought!!! :D

Comment by Alberto – August 30, 2011 01:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, now I’m going to have to watch! Love him.

Comment by Katie – August 29, 2011 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jason is the only reason I’ll be watching….

Comment by Jenny – August 29, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Totally agree!!! He’s just adorable!

Comment by Liana in San Diego – August 29, 2011 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was going to watch it before, and now I definitely am. He’s amazing.
    But it does make me miss VM

Comment by Mairead – August 29, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I have to watch now, they just keep adding beautiful men to the cast!

Comment by torontogirl98 – August 29, 2011 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Made. My. Day. Like, I’ve been quietly in love with him since VM died, and now I can vocalize it because will be back on my TV! YES!

Comment by Em – August 29, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. Loved him on VM. Watched Moonlight only because of him. I will have to watch The Ringer now.

Comment by Maya – August 29, 2011 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I’ve loved him since Veronica Mars and I was so disappointed when Moonlight was cancelled (for several reasons). I’m so happy he’s going to be back on my TV.

Comment by Steph – August 29, 2011 01:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, Veronica Mars… The way Logan introduced Charisma’s character to Aly’s was pure awesome “Rode hard, meet pulled away wet”. I think I can pretend it’s Logan, being a teacher just like his brother…

Oh, why did they have to add Jason Dohring?! His new character could never measure up to Logan, & seeing him will break my heart for all that could have been.. but how could I not watch? Who was the idiot that cancelled VM anyway?

Comment by Ella – August 29, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Just an fyi … it’s “rode hard and put away wet.”

Comment by Meg – September 8, 2011 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Read it again, Meg. Everyone knows the saying, Ella was referring to what Logan said when he introduced his step-sis to his girl-toy…oh for f–k’s sake, if you don’t know what someone is talking about, please don’t correct them.

Comment by jennrae – October 9, 2011 06:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • THIS FTW!!!!!

This was already my #1 new show for the fall… and now Jason Dohring is on it! OMG!!!

Comment by Steven – August 29, 2011 01:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am way to excited about this. i didn’t need another reason to watch the ringer. sarah michelle gellar playing a character with the same name as me was already awesome. nestor carbonell was the icing on the cake. now there is an entire other multiteer cake a la mode to go along with it! jason dohring. logan freakin’ echolls. hooray!

Comment by murley – August 29, 2011 02:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • BEST NEWS I’VE HEARD ALL DAY!!!!

Comment by Jessie – August 29, 2011 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Good news, I’ve missed Jason on TV.

Comment by Deion – August 29, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well i flove Jason freaking Dohring..he is an awesome actor full of charisma and he should be now a movie star, he has everything for it (he is in the same league as a Ryan Gosling imo) but no, studios, movie directors or even showrunners of good shows don’t call him..why ? a mystery for me so now he has this part on a CW show..well i will watch because Jason is on here, so i will be happy to have him again on my screen..and i liked SMG on Buffy and Cruel intentions but this shows seems quite weak and the CW what a horror..i guess i will still watch it for him..but seriously studios, directors give him a chance, give him a layered, challenging role in a well written story for the big screen..the guy has already a following and it will grow..just look at Ryan Gosling he is now the more popular young A-lister..

Comment by Juliet – August 29, 2011 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I literally screamed out loud reading just the title of the story! I have loved Jason since VM! I was already looking forward to this show, but regardless of how I like or dislike it now, I will definitely be sticking around just to see JD. He hasn’t been seen since his Lie To Me appearance in 2010. He filmed an independent movie called Searching for Sonny that has a great premise (co-starring Minka Kelly, FNL), but it hasn’t been released yet! I can’t wait to see Logan Echolls, I mean, Jason Dohring on television again!

Comment by Stephanie – August 29, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even more of an excuse to tune in. Yummy!

Comment by NJ – August 29, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWWW I may have to watch now… LOVED him in Moonlight and have been looking for him to come back since; but it doesn’t sound like we’ll see him much.

Comment by Danielle H. – August 29, 2011 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He is so talented! Now im excited for Ring

Comment by July – August 29, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so gonna watch this show. Good call, CW!

Comment by HoneyBee – August 29, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to take this oppertunity to thank the CW network for filling their shows with lots of hot guys! I loved Jason on Vernonica Mars so having him join this show made my day! Of course I was going to watch this show because of SMG!

Comment by mandy – August 29, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome news! This show just gets better and better. Now if only we could some how finagle a VM movie…life would be fantastic!

Comment by Brynna – August 29, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had already decided to watch it because of SMG, but now I’m definitely looking forward!

Comment by Melinda – August 29, 2011 03:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was allready looking forward to Ringer but i loved Veronica Mars. Its one of my favorite shows. I wish it was still on tv. I can’t wait until September 13 Yay!

Comment by david – August 29, 2011 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is exciting! But man, TVLine, could you have found a worse picture of him?

Comment by Sam – August 29, 2011 04:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hooray! I loved him on Moonlighting. He was fantastic as the oldest vampire with business sense and was a great friend and ladies man.

Comment by TVDIVA – August 29, 2011 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Delighted he’s back on my screen – definitely going to tune in. But is it just me that is hoping he plays a Loganesque type character, which is probably wrong but I loved LoVe…

Comment by Sparky – August 29, 2011 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • F’N FINALLY Jason Dohring returns to TV

Comment by ggny – August 29, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Man this cast just ROCKS!

Comment by Renee – August 29, 2011 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Heck ya! I wasn’t even sure I would tune into this show, but no question that I will be now! Can’t wait to have Jason Dohring back on my tv!!!

Comment by Gina – August 29, 2011 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am officially no longer on the fence about watching this show!

Comment by Ace – August 29, 2011 11:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved him in Moonlight, so seeing him back on TV will be awesome!

Comment by Lorie – August 30, 2011 05:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!! So happy to have him back on my tv screen! I’m definitely watching Ringer now!

Comment by Lynnette – August 30, 2011 05:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy he will be on TV again! Really liked him on Moonlight.

Comment by Denise – August 30, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG! I audibly gasped when I saw this!!!
    I wasn’t going to bother with The Ringer, but now it will get a season pass for sure. I am soooo excited to see Jason Dohring back on TV!!!
    Man, I miss VMars.

Comment by Mandy – August 31, 2011 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you for bringing Jason back on TV! I agree with everyone, he’s a promising young actor that needs more screen time. I’ll definitely check this new show because of him. I miss Veronica Mars, him and Kristen Bell have the best chemistry ever. The world needs Veronica Mars the Movie.

Comment by Lila – September 5, 2011 07:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hadn’t planned on watching this but now I’ll have to. I adore Jason and love watching him work. So count me in!

Comment by Becki – September 5, 2011 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post