Exclusive

Rizzoli & Isles Scoop: General Hospital Beauty Cast as (Killer?) Dance Mom

TNT’s Rizzoli & Isles will serve up a deadly take on “dance moms” this season, with an episode in which the mother of a dancer is murdered backstage.

Cast as one of the lead suspects, TVLine has learned, is Lisa LoCicero aka General Hospital‘s Olivia Falconeri.

TNT Schedules Winter Runs for Rizzoli, Southland and Others, Sets Mystery Movie Slate

For the episode “Don’t Stop Dancing, Girl,” slated to air this December, LoCicero will play Yvonne Smith, a woman whose own daughter is involved in a heated dance competition. When the aforementioned offing occurs just beyond the curtains, Yvonne lands squarely in Rizzoli’s crosshairs.

In addition to her four-year run on GH, LoCicero’s TV credits include appearances on Chuck (as a wedding planner}, Bones and Without a Trace.

Rizzoli & Isles Casting Scoop: Korsak’s Ex-Wife Is a Real Lolita!

Currently airing Mondays at 10/9c, Rizzoli is basic cable’s most-watched drama series, averaging 8.8 million weekly viewers. Its summer finale airs Sept. 12, with the balance of Season 2 set to unspool starting Nov. 28.

1. Jessica says:

Yay for Olivia! Love her on GH . I’l have to set my DVR to see her play a different character!

2. Liz says:

She is such a good actress! Cant wait to see this one.

3. Tego Livi says:

It’s great to see Lisa getting the headline–she’s been in a million things, but just hasn’t stood out for media coverage. I remember her from “The City,” “One Life to Live,” and “Reno911″ where she was a reporter, and her husband was a writer or director on the show.

4. nitemar says:

Great news! sad news :(..I dont want my new favorite show to end so soon!

5. Kayright says:

Love that you’re covering R and I. It’s an awesome show! I hope you’ll cover it more and more

6. Captain says:

I love Lisa on General Hospital but really, I don’t see the point of her sticking around. Olivia has no purpose. She came to Port Charles for her cousin’s wedding and then randomly stayed for no reason. Nowadays her cousin’s gone, she has no romantic interest and her only use on the show is propping up Dante or Carly’s storylines. Either give her a purpose or take her off the show because it’s getting painful watching such a great actress being wasted.

• rowan says:

No romantic interest? She’s been seeing Steve Weber for a long time. She’s been a fairly large entity in the whole Sonny-spinning-out-of-control plotline where everyone thinks he killed Jax. I think she’s a good actress, I just wish she’d stop with the botox and fillers in her face. She’s looking plastic.

• juju2 says:

I agree with Captain. She’s way too good for the awful writing on General Hospital. I hope this guest shot goes so well she gets a role elsewhere where she doesn’t have to try to portray a flip-flopping cipher who only exists to prop Sonny and Carly, even when that makes NO sense whatsoever.

7. tara says:

Not a huge fan of Olivia; but, I love Lisa! She’s a fantastic actress. Happy to see her branching out

8. AmeliaHeinleFan91 says:

Oh, Nice!! Can’t wait. Love her on GH

9. You know says:

Lisa would be a great “mom” for Beckett if they ever do any flashbacks… I understand that Joanna Beckett’s murder is supposed to be wrapped up this year, and her look, etc. is so similar to Beckett’s that is what I thought of first!