Leah Remini Confirms Her Talk Exit, Says Holly Robinson Peete 'Hasn't Heard Anything Yet'

It’s official: Leah Remini will not return to The Talk this fall.

The outspoken actress has confirmed what has widely been reported in recent weeks: CBS has declined to invite her back for the talk show’s second season.

“I am sorry to say that I have NOT been asked back on the show,” Remini announced via Twitter. “Sorry to my fans. U worked so hard! I adore u guys.” The former King of Queens star went on to add that “no reason was given” for her sudden ouster from the gabfest.

As for rumors that Holly Robinson Peete has also been given the boot, Remini revealed that her co-host “hasn’t heard anything yet,” but still has her full support. “Holly, I have LOVED working with you,” she wrote. “You are the real deal… Hang in there.”

Deadline’s Nikki Finke reported Thursday that The Talk is already making moves to replace both women, initially with Kardashian mom Kris Jenner temping on the roundtable. Conservative radio personality Sheryl Underwood is said to be joining as well.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Contract Talks, Daytime TV, News

1. Jene says:

with Leah and Holly gone I will join you and not watch the talk anymore shame on you Julie they made show did your ego get in the way?

2. CAL says:

Julie is the one that should be let go. She contributes nothing to the show. Sharon, Leah, Holly and Sarah have great personalities and are entertaining to watch. Julie is a boring dud. I always wondered why she was even on the show — she is obviously the “weakest link”.

3. Deanna says:

Just wanted to add one more name to the long list of faithful watchers who miss Leah and Holly’s hilarity on The Talk. Luckily I have a few old episodes I keep replaying and can also watch them on You Tube to get my fix. They should never come back to CBS because this lame network does not deserve having them on. Will definitely watch Leah and Holly should they get another t.v. gig, and like EVERYONE else, I have canceled my daily recording of The Boring Talk. Sponsors take note!!!!!!

4. Anela says:

Show without Holly and Leah is BORING!!! I will not watch it anymore

5. sheryl says:

Julie.. you blew it! They made your show a hit and now you will tank fast. You have made your husband look very foolish. The laugh is on you Jules… You were tolerated because Leah & Holly were fun to hang with. Sharon get out now so Jules does not take you down into her sinking slime pitt. +New 2 no way; DVR canceled to record “The Talk” back stabbing show.

6. sheryl says:

What a disappointment! I also kept thinking Leah & Holly were on vacation…The “new” hosts are boring. Kris is soooo ho hum and Sheryl is just ok. Mellisa has little in put. Julie hasn’t much personality. Add Leah & Holly and they all worked like a charm. I won’t be tuning in anymore. CBS might as well just shut down the show rather than let it die a slow boring death.

7. Theresa says:

Holly and Leah made the show, also, why hasn’t Sharon O been on lately, have they canned her too. these women kept it real and funny I hope they start a show of their own called “Real Women-Keepin’ It Real” if they take my title we can “Talk”

8. cathy says:

I will no longer be watching The Talk since Leah and Holly are no longer on. The show is no longer fun.

9. MJ says:

Will not be watching The View anymore, it is not the same. Leah and Holly the show is not the same without you.

10. Robert Pence says:

CBS Are you nuts!!!!! Why get rid of two of the most dynamic women on “The Talk”? Every one of the five have added to the balance of the show. The new additions do not add balance. You have ruined the show. Most of us are very disappointed. If you want to continue with great ratings then please reconsider Lea Rimini and Holly Peete Robinson. Your new guest are simply “okay”. Please remember that being just “okay” isn’t enough anymore. We do respect to your new replacements, they do not hold a candle to the two that you have replaced. I only watched the show to see the “balance” that all five project. It has become too “homogenized” with the replacements and I am no longer interested. Julie Chen is married to the boss. I like Julie, but I certainly don’t think that Ms. Julie Chen can carry the show on her own. This isn’t her other show where she gets to stand outside the house. This time she is supose to be “in the house”. Lea and Holly added the balance to Gilbert’s sweet, naive character and rocker mom Sharon. Get a grip CBS. Julie Chen sleeping with the boss shouldn’t have made a big difference in who remains on the show. You really screwed up royally on this hit show. It remains a show, but certainly not a “hit” show. It is more of a “hit and miss” at this point. Bring back Lea and Holly!

11. Dawn says:

I totally agree with all the other posts. Leah and Holly made that show and I always dvr’d the show but NO MORE! They were the life of the party and should be allowed to continue on the show if they want the show to succeed. It’s become very trife and boring now! Leah and Holly were the excitement. The mix of personalities when they were there was fantastic, now it’s ho-hum! They have lost another viewer!!!

12. Carol says:

I no longer watch The Talk because Leah and Holly were axed!!! That is awful. I could care less about the show now. July acts like she is God’s gift to talk shows….she is NOT!! CBS, what were you thinking. And Kris Jenner…you’ve got to be kidding me!!!!

13. Andrea Huber says:

Never really wrote one of these things but this is really not acceptable to me!!! I absolutely adore Leah and Holly!!! I think the powers that be made a mistake!! My TV won’t be on that channel and now I havet an extra
    Hour on my DVR!!!

14. CincyLogan says:

Okay, I thought that maybe Holli and Leah were on vacation at first. I kept trying to remind myself to look it up. Today I did. I am disappointed that they did not bring back Leah and Holli! They were funny and real. I like Sharon too. If they let her go, then the show will NOT last. Sara erks my nerves. I like Julie, but she’s too reserved. I guess if you are the key facilitator, you have to be the “adult” huh? Anywhoo, the only reason I had been turning it on is to see if Holli and Leah were back on yet. Now that I know they won’t be returning, I will have to replace my 2pm hour with something else. The show just does not interest me without Sharon, Holli and Leah! Sorry Sara and Julie… but it is what it is.

15. valerie says:

WHAT? No Mrs O?
    Must be time to go!
    No Holly Robinson Peete?
    No Leah Remini?
    You gotta be kiddin’ me!
    No Holly Robinson Peete?
    I’m gettin’ to my feet!
    No more Mrs O?
    It’s definitely time to go!

EPIC FAIL, CBS! This decision is pure insanity! You have lost many loyal viewers and the ratings will now plummet!
    Sayonora, Sucka!!!

16. Karen says:

Wow, after reading all the posts, looks like someone goofed. Leah was just freaking funny, hyper and brought life to the format which is good, but you just have the right people and Leah and Holly were hilarious. Such a great program after a long day’s work to come home and watch funny, informed women that got along. I used to run a large medical practice with 20 or so women and it takes a special group of women to all get along and “help” each other make it funny.
    I love Mrs. O, but Leah and Holly just made it with her.
    So sad to see them go, now it seems like they are trying to make up for their loss by using some topics that they wouldn’t have used before.

17. tracy says:

I AGREE WITH EVERYONE I WONT BE WATCHING THE TALK ANYMORE

18. Cindy says:

I just love Holly and Leah…so sad they were fired.I don’t think I will ever watch the show again.It does not seem the same with out them.I knew Julie was not their friend.The other ones had better watch her.

19. shaquanda johnson says:

I feel that Leah Remini and Holly Robinson Peete were as good as the other ladies and CBS decision was full of it to let them go.

20. MJ says:

HUGE..HUGE mistake letting Leah and Holly go. Poor planning to say the least. I think Holly and Leah should get their own show. I won’t be watching any more either. Replacing them with Kris Jenner, are you kidding me???

21. Jackie G says:

If the rumor is true that Julie Chen felt threatened by Leah and Holly and then had hubby remove them, then SHAME ON YOU Julie Chen and husband! Shame on you! How insecure Julie!

22. mai says:

I’m still in shock that Leah was fired from the Talk. I’m truly in mourning! What is going on over there at the talk. Can’t they see that the show is a total BORE without Leah & Holly. Julie is soooo extremely obnoxious. I’m beside myself. I loved having Leah and Holly’s moms in the audience and their banter back and forth. Sarah, DO SOMETHING!! Why are you not standing up for these ladies. I will never watch the show again. I’m sure you will be canceled soon.

23. Angie Perez says:

Dear CBS,

If it ain’t broken….DON’T FIX IT!

24. Lorraine Sappah says:

Big mistake. Huge. Enough said.

25. Lorraine Ciupak says:

Wow! I’m encouraged to see so many people strongly disagree with the decision to drop Leah Reminey!
    UNBELIEVABLE decision on someones part! Leah was so REAL and likeable, and intertaining! Did someone “get their nose out of joint?” It was working, why fix it!

26. Jubee says:

Very very sad… It was my favorite talk show. The chemistry was perfect. I to thought that it was temporary but now realize that they ruined the perfect “team.” I’m done recording or watching. Hope Leigh & Holly get an opportunity to be a part of another show. I would add Mrs. O to their show!

27. ajones says:

I have tried watching the show without Leah and Holly and it”s just not the same. I will no longer watch the show. Julie can’t take not being the shows favorite. I’m sure there will be a drastic drop in the ratings, I know I will no longer be watching.

28. Heather says:

I watched a few episodes of the new season – waiting patiently for Leah and Holly to return. Then I realized Julie was mentioning when Sharon would return but saying nothing about Leah and Holly. So I Googled and was shocked to learn they’d been canned! The show sucks without them. Sharon is okay but Julie is so full of herself – I have to wonder if she had any input into who would return for Season 2? Regardless – they lost me as a viewer. If Leah and Holly show up together on another network – I’ll be there. Those two ladies are hilarious! Frankly – I’m shocked that Sharon didn’t tell the exec’s: ‘if they are gone – so am I!’ I thought she would go for solidarity – I’m surprised about that. I don’t agree with the cruel remarks about Sarah – don’t these people realize she is the one who came up with the concept for this show and took it to the network? She’s quieter and more shy but that brought a nice balance to the panel.

29. Lois says:

CBS…. are you reading these messages? I think these two ladies could have a show all their own and have great ratings! I am mad that CBS “was making us think” they were on vacation. Leah and Holly if you are reading this…. YOU were the best! Thanks for being REAL. The rest of the cast.. shame on you for not getting them back or at least not telling us what was going on. Leah and Holly try to get your own shows. It will be awesome!!! Good luck ladies. The show stinks now.

30. Betsy says:

Can’t believe Leah and Holly were fired! Just thought they were out temporarily for some reason. I really liked the show with them on it and my daughter also. She says she doesn’t get the laughs she used to. Really sad! ):

31. PEGGYNOKATIENO@AOL.COM says:

I HAVE QUIT WATCHING THE TALK. I THINK CHRIS J IS OK,BUT GET REAL WHERE ARE LEAH &HOLLY.
    IF IT IS TRUE ABOUT JULIE AND I REALLY LIKED HER. NOTTTTTTTTTTT NOW
    I WOULD RATHER HAVE A LITTLE JEALOUS THAN TO RUIN YOUR SHOW. HUSBAND OR NOT!

32. Mommy of two says:

Leah and Holly need to come back to the show!!!! I miss them…..they made this show!

33. Vanessa says:

The show SUCKS NOW!!! It needs to be cut off. Take it off the air or bring Leah and Holly back. CBS sucks ass!!!

34. sharon says:

I really cant believe Holly and Leah are gone. Well so is this family. We think they along with sharon were the show. Julie is very boring and we were all sick of hearing about the perfect wife perfect mom . Get a grip julie ypu are sooo boring we know the only reason ypu still have a job

35. Dee says:

I don’t get it, the mix was perfect. why mess it up. Leah, Holly please get your own show. Everyone needs honesty & laughter.

36. tammy andrews says:

OMG REALLY? Holly AND Leah? They are the only two I looked forward to laughing with every single day. I truly will not be watching the show any longer. What a shame.!!!

37. shanatha says:

first of all i was very upset when they took as the world turns and guiding light off the air for ANOTHER talk show…but then i started watching the talk and although i hated to see the soaps go and the talk coming on i began to watch it…..i thought leah and holly were hillarious and for never laughing they kept me in stiches….love you guys !!!!!! I to was wondering where they went and was extremley disappointed to see them go…..to my MRS O use extreme caution cause you’ll be next love you to!!!!!!! Now as i watch i think to myself what is wrong with tv now a days all this reality crap why pay for cable?? Dont we live a life of reality tv is meant to sit down and relax and watch something good not have ur whole day smack you in the face with a bunch of reality crap!!!! nothing is ever on anymore that is interesting….why are they bringing on all the crap shows and getting rid of the good ones and shows that people have watched for 2 decades if not more??? The talk will never appear on my tv again sorry for the show it used to be great now like all the rest its crap…..so very boring u actually wish for it to be over and now that leah and holly are both Mrs O is the ONLY interesting one left the talk done in my book will never watch it again !!!!! LEAH HOLLY and Mrs O I WILL MISS YOU !!!!!

38. Wendy from Canada says:

I was devastated when I tuned in and saw that Leah and Holly were gone. Leah was my absolute fave. So honest and always just saying it like it is. I don’t watch at all like I did before, the personalities that are there now just don’t reel me in like before. Big mistake!! Sometimes people don’t realize when they have a good thing going right in front of them! Bring Leah and Holly back!!

39. Lee says:

I am not going to watch The Talk anymore. I was so disappointed to hear that Leah and Holly were not going to be a part of the show anymore.

40. Maria McCoy says:

What eles is there to say the Talk was an amazing group of people each and everyone had something to offer. The new groups of ladys are not the same I agree with every comment here I will not be watching BORING!!

41. vera washington says:

I am very dissapointed that Leah and HOlly are no longer on “The talk” How sad. This was one of the few shows that held my interest. I must say that it would be wonderful if these two ladies were offered an opportunity to work together in another forum. I know they would rival The Talk by far. I will not watch the talk again.

42. Robyn Hardy says:

Neither my roomate nor my self will ever watch the talk again… Very boring.. I loved leah. Yours and our loss. So sad.

43. Rose Ann T says:

I’m with everyone else. Leah and Holly with Ms. O made the show. I won’t be watching any more. I hope Julie is happy that the show is boring now. Leah was good about getting Sara to talk more as well as Julie. Holly, even though she is famous and has much more money than I’ll ever have seems more like a regular mother than all the rest. Julie has NO clue what it’s like to be a mother. He husband is the boss so I guess she gets what she wants. She only has one child and I’m sure she has a full time nanny, real mothers don’t! This show isn’t for real mothers it’s just something else for Julie to do with her time so that she doesn’t have to spend time with her son. I’ll miss seeing you Leah and Holly, maybe you two should get your own shows.

44. trish says:

I agree the reason she’s on the show is cause her hubby is CEO of CBS….& she tries so hard to fit in with whoever they have sitting ard that table…I like the view better anyway!!!!! @ least on there they don’t sugar coat nothing if they don’t like what the other says they let it be knwn…they don’t do like the talk smile like they ALWAYZ get along…

45. finallyamommy says:

WOW… just disgusted to found out that leah and holly will not be on the show… Can;t understand why. Leah brought so much laughter to the show and it just isn;t the same…. Will not be watching anymore and just deeply saddened to see this mistake take place… Come on leah… come back with your own show… your fans are waiting for you!!!!

46. Julie says:

WOW…. REALLY????? What is the show thinking?? Obviously they aren’t! Leah was THE BEST personality on the show!!!! She is HYSTERICAL. She made the show! Holly was great too! Very funny and REAL! Now the show is just BORING BORING BORING!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess I’ll be looking for something else to watch in that time slot. :(

47. Bonni says:

Girlfriends support girlfriends , they don’t replace them. Sara and Mrs. O, the show is no longer about girlfriends, it’s now about back stabbing. Quit the show girlfriends. I have!

48. Barbara says:

Actual SAT question: Kardashians are to TV as Bedbugs are to ?
    the correct answer is Holiday Inn. Leah and Holly MADE that show. Julie and hubby did them a favor, I’m sure some network will give them the opportunity and appreciation they deserve, and the network and their fans will be rewarded for it. Now that we have seen what they can do, they will be getting offers. Good luck ladies, I will be watching for you, but NOT watching The Talk.

49. carmen middlebrooks says:

I cant understand why they would not invite the two best people back on the show! The show has no edge to me anymore nor is it close to being funny or interesting. Im sorry no disrespect to new cast members because i do love sheryl underwood, but they have lost a viewer.

50. Elvira esparza says:

I too agree with everyone we all in Texas love these two ladies and it’s too sad that we are not taping Talk any more sorry you got fired God BlessYou Both friends from Texas Elvira Esparza Dina Menn ElizaHarrison Evie Stokes and many more