Leah Remini Confirms Her Talk Exit, Says Holly Robinson Peete 'Hasn't Heard Anything Yet'

It’s official: Leah Remini will not return to The Talk this fall.

The outspoken actress has confirmed what has widely been reported in recent weeks: CBS has declined to invite her back for the talk show’s second season.

“I am sorry to say that I have NOT been asked back on the show,” Remini announced via Twitter. “Sorry to my fans. U worked so hard! I adore u guys.” The former King of Queens star went on to add that “no reason was given” for her sudden ouster from the gabfest.

As for rumors that Holly Robinson Peete has also been given the boot, Remini revealed that her co-host “hasn’t heard anything yet,” but still has her full support. “Holly, I have LOVED working with you,” she wrote. “You are the real deal… Hang in there.”

Deadline’s Nikki Finke reported Thursday that The Talk is already making moves to replace both women, initially with Kardashian mom Kris Jenner temping on the roundtable. Conservative radio personality Sheryl Underwood is said to be joining as well.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Contract Talks, Daytime TV, News

1. linda wilson says:

i really can’t stand the view, but with holly and reah gone from the talk i would rather watch that awful show !

2. Tina says:

BIG FREAKIN’ MISTAKE CBS…. Leah and Holly were “The Talk” without them the show WILL flop… I LOVED THIS SHOW, Now I have no use for it… SO SO SO disappointed… =(

3. kristen says:

I have been watching the show thinking the girls were on vacation and i finally got so sick of how boring it was that i decided to look on the internet to see what was going on and believe me i am appauled.

4. Betty says:

I to am very sad to see my two favorites gone off the show. But what is really cruel is that there wasn’t anything said about why they got rid of them. I kept waiting for some type of explanation and there was none. The show is very boring the guests are interesting but the guests are still not making it interesting. Lee and Holly did make the show for one season so why didn’t they deserve some type of recognition. They did deserve that much!!!

5. Deborah Malone says:

It’s a shame that Leah was let go, she was great and her interaction with Sara was my favorite part of the show. Don’t care for the new people, it looks like they are trying to be like the View now. I removed from season pass on the dvr. Not that interesting anymore.

6. Annie says:

The only reason I watched the Talk was for Holly and Leah as they were hilarious. E’nuff said.

7. Lourdes says:

Leah could be quite funny but too often she made the show all about her; It was obnoxious. It wasn’t a surprised to me at all that she wasn’t asked to return, although the producers could’ve worked with her to reign herself in.

Holly’s firing was a surpise. She started out shaky, not seeming to have much to say, but she grew more confident and was funny as the season progressed; I quite like her.

The one person I would’ve fired is Sharon Osborne. She’s a lousy co-host and a lousy interviewer. She often say inappropriate things in an effort to by funny, but they’re just groan-inducing. And can she stop doing the stupid heart-shape formation with her hands every time she walk out to the stage? So fake.

Sarah is boring, but she’s one of the producers so can’t fire her. I love how she suddenly “came up” with the idea for the show one day while observing mothers and their kids. Yeah, right. Like a little show called “The View” had nothing to do with it. LOL.

Julie Chen – not a big fan, but she sleeps with the boss. Her job is secured until the show is cancelled.

8. jo says:

Its sad that this happened. Like everyone else it didn’t take long for me to figure it out. I erased all my taped episodes and took it off my DVD taping schedule. As a group of 5 it worked and I enjoyed all of them but I truly tuned in to see Leah and Holly. Sharon is amusing and I can’t get over that Sara can smile. You never saw that on Roseanne. I can’t believe she has much to smile about now because I thought Leah was her best friend. Julie does not do much for me and I think she needs get rid of all those awful earrings. Holly and Leah were at least current in their fashion. I won’t watch anymore which upsets me because I really enjoyed the show. I will go back and watch the View and maybe Leah and Holly could get their own show. I will watch that. If whoever is in charge of this decision would reconsider I would put everything aside and be back in a min.

9. linda p says:

I agree with a lot of the letters I have just read…I will not be watching the show anymore……You better hold on to Sara & Sharon or you’ll lose more people…Julie Chen can always be replaced & not missed tho….In my opinion Sheryl Underwood & Molly Shannon add absolutely nothing to the show…Leah & Holly were the best…They played off Sara & Sharon beautifully

10. Barbara Simmons says:

Having watched two of your new shows now, I am extremely disappointed.
    Your program has lost its pazz!! I love Sara Gilbert and Mrs. O. Your two new people do not fit in. I always felt that you were on a level with people watching the show, you all seemed so normal! Ha. If a see another Kardashian on your show I will start turning down the volume until they are off. I have watched your show since the beginning and always recorded it if I couldn’t watch. I won’t be doing that any more. You’ve really lost the sparkle that you had before. Bring back Leah and Holly or at least get some different people. Molly looks like she just crawled out of bed with her stringy hair. It just seems like another talk show now.

11. HANNAH RYAN says:

So sorry for both Leah and Holly. I know I am not watching the show any more. I’m removing it from my DVR as I write this! Good luck to both you great women. As far as my husband (yes he enjoyed the show too!) and I are concerned you ladies PLUS Sharon made the show. CBS made a HUGE mistake. Keep shooting yourself in the foot CBS…can you spell ABC or NBC??

12. Kayleen says:

I have to say I loved the whole group but Leah and Sarah were my favorites. Why they were let go is beyond me. The replacements so far in no way can replace Leah and Holly. Not interested in the show anymore and it was one of my favorites, I hate when you love a show someone screws it up.

13. miss chris says:

Such a sad day when I learned of Leah and Holly not being on the show:( You both should go and start a show together!!!!!!! Well, it just looks like China(Julie)out to get us Americans!!!!! Shame on you Julie.

14. Kimberlie says:

Are you freaken kidding me?? Leah had me in tears, laughing all the time! I just looked on the internet to find out what was going on because I thought maybe those girls were taking a vacation or something. If this really is because Julie didn’t like the fact that she was being overshadowed, then I am truly disappointed in her. And she should be ashamed. Did she come out and say anything on the show??? If so, I missed it. Leah and Holly will kick a*s somewhere else. Is Sharon coming back? Is she out because she’s taking a stand against this? Now I have to turn it off……and if everyone does, the sponsors will go away. Rock on with your bad selves Leah and Holly! We love you!

15. Rachel says:

Complain to CBS if you think they made a BIG mistake letting Leah & Holly go: http://www.cbs.com/info/user_services/fb_global_form.php

• Compain, we have power! says:

FILL OUT THE COMPLAINT FORM TO CBS, IT ONLY TAKES A MINUTE, THERE ARE MANY MORE OF US THAN PRODUCERS AT CBS!!!

16. Lisa Manno says:

Devastated! Couldn’t wait to see show everyday because of Leah and Holly. Show is awful since their gone. We need to get them back!

17. David says:

I will not watch the show anymore if either one of them leave.

18. Michael says:

they are trying make the show like that boring ass VIEW. Dumb asses.

19. Glenda says:

Leah is one of the reasons I watched the talk. I just loved her and Holly both. The shows ratings will go down…as I will no longer be watching the show. My husband even noticed the show was different and he won’t be watching it either! Please Bring them back…I looked foward to your show every day!

20. Christy says:

I thought they all meshed very well together. Its not the same without Leah, Sara, Sharon, Holly & Julie. I liked them all together. If you noticed, they all touched each other and leaned in towards each other when talking like they were true friends. My favorite part of every show was the first 15 minutes when they all sat around and chatted like girlfriends do. Now no one touches, theres hardly any laughter in studio (or infront of my tv), and it seems almost formal. Call me a former fan. I dont have anything against Molly, but does anyone notice how much she talks with her hands? Its a bit distracting. Was she a double in Oobi?

21. Carolyn says:

The show made my day. My husband was curious after hearing me laugh out loud everyday, so he starting watching it. Leah & Holy was thecurious ones that reallywas made the show. I personally don’t see the show surviving.

22. anne stockham says:

Finally googled the question, What happened to Lean and Holly? I hate when a show acts like were just the best of friends and then someone just disappears. We’re just like family, Oops, no we’re not. No information, no nothing. Makes the closeness factor tauted seem so fake. I liked the diversity of the show and it’s lacking now. I liked the family/kids factor, not sensing that now. Time to check out what else is on in this time splot or better yet, turn off the TV and do something else.

23. angie says:

Just watched the show with 3 new sit ins….Why you think replacing two genuine personalities with two comedians with mutiple personalities was a fix is beyond me. I love sharon, Sarah, and Julie is questionable. Holly and Leah were most genuine, and resembles most real life women, mothers, individuals dealing with real life situations. can’t understand what could possible happen to not resign their contracts. Unless they both slept with the boss…At the end of the day the original 5 was more realisitic and just real and not scripted.

24. Daysha says:

I was kinda hoping that my gals were not let go, but just off working on other projects. I’m heart broken that Leah and Holly have been given the boot. Fearless, down to earth and so very easy to relate to. The 5 were a perfect mix, the chemistry immaculate. Come on CBS, you’ve made a grave error, it’s not too late. Wine em’, dine em’ and just get Holly Robinson Pete and Leah “da bomb” Remi back where they belong on “The Talk” making me and many others feel like we’re home when we see 5 friends sit together and just talk………

25. Sandy says:

I will go back to watching Rachel Ray. Leah and Holly are the two best personalities, boring without them!

26. Diane Abrams says:

I will no longer be watching this show. I watched because of Leah and Sherry! What were they thinking. Just changed the channel!!!

27. Maggie says:

CBS-Are you out of your minds? I cannot believe you did not renew Holly and Leah’s contract. They are essential to this show with the other original cohosts. I am appalled and disgusted and beyond disappointed. And, no disrespect to some of the fill-in cohosts but I am SICK and TIRED of seeing Mrs. Kardashian show up on yet another show. You chose the original cast of cohosts because they each brought something very special and unique to the show and together their chemistry was outstanding! It was feisty, fun and hilarious! Now, it’s unfortunately just a dull show that isn’t interesting to me at all. Well, I for one, will not watch this show any longer unless you bring Holly and Leah back. Bad mistake CBS!!!!

28. jacquie says:

Damn shame that Leah and Holly were not allowed to stay. They were the life of the party. Honest AND really hilarious!!! I looked forward to seeing those 2.

Since Leah and Holly were so entertaining, it make sense that the reason they are not back on the show is that they were overshadowing Julie, the host. Sara is ok. Sharon is boring. And Julie, although she can be funny, many times, she appeared to be holding back. What was irritating was that since Julie is the host (and married to the head of CBS), she ignored answering or commenting on some of her own questions that she posed to all of the others AND (on the show) Leah called her on it. Leah, you go girl!

Surely, the show won’t be the same. It will be very ho-hum. We have (insecure) Julie and her husband to thank for that. Well, I hope what goes around, comes around.

29. diane says:

leah and holly were the best will not watch this show anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. RITA says:

I looked forward to this show with LEAH and HOLLY everyday. I don’t like Julie Chen and don’t trust her. I found her stiff and boring. Leah and Holly were true and fun. They made my day. Sarah is boring too. Bring them back with more money.

31. Samantha says:

I happen to like all of the ladies (original) on The Talk. I think they all worked well together with their different personalities. I don’t like how Julie never seems to take an actual stand on anything, though. She seems afraid of offending people and so does not express any opinions, always staying neutral and diplomatic. Very irritating. Meanwhile, Leah was my favorite, followed by Holly. I don’t watch talk shows, but I DVR’d this one every day so I would never miss it. I won’t be watching anymore…..it’s very boring without Leah and Holly. Sad.

32. Opal says:

I so agree with everyone on here….what are they thinking taking Leah and Holly off the show. They make the show. I will not be watching it anymore!

33. Colette says:

Ok, I know I’m late, but just started catching up on the DVR of the shows 2nd season. Now that’s I see my two favorites are gone, I’ve deleted them all. Absolutely crazy decision to let Holly & Leah go. And I thought they could beat out The View. The show has lost it’s heart. I will not watch again!

34. DIANE DOLESE says:

I CAN’T BELIEVE THAT HOLLY AND LEAH HAVE BEEN FIRED .I DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT CONNIE C. BUT BIG MISTAKE,I WILL NOT WATCH ANYMORE,YOU PEOPLE ARE JERK’S AND I DON’T CARE IF YOU ARE ON OR NOT ,I WON’T SEE IT .PEOPLE LIKE YOU USE OTHERS TO GET STARTED AND THAN DROP THEM BECAUSE YOU ARE INSECURE,SEE YOU BUT NOT ON TV.;ALSO MARISSA, WHERE IS SHE ..

35. Kerri says:

I was watching The Talk today and was not aware that Leah and Holly are gone for good. They will be greatly missed!!! Watched the show a few day’s last week and thought to myself, I can’t wait till the whole gang is back on the set. Then come to find out that they are gone. The show stinks without them. I’m moving on to another show at 2:00 – even the audience seems dead. All that you hear now is Julie talking and the other ladies agreeing with her. BORING

36. Marsha says:

And the verdict is??? I think that the verdict is that the network screwed up badly!!!! Let’s all sit back and watch this one fall from grace–they have sealed their own destiny

37. Becky says:

Can’t believe Leah and Holly are gone. The last few days, I have started to watch and then just ignored it. The catch wasn’t there-Leah and Holly.

38. bc says:

Have been turning the show on, watching a bit each day, expecting Holly or Leah to return. Have not seen the opening each day, so figured they were taking a break, were ill, or starring in a show/movie. NOW JUST TODAY, after digging on the internet, realize that they are not returning. Leah was a loud mouth, but to be honest, that was HER, and most people expected it. Holly was more down to earth, sincere in her ways. BOTH will be greatly missed.
    It is a money grabber, behind-the-scenes person that would go after and ‘substitute’ either of these women with a ‘Kardashian’, old or new, as in Kris Jenner, temporarily or not! Is anyone else sick or the Kardashians yet?
    Leah and Holly, I hope you come back into the lime light soon, somewhere, so we can enjoy your thoughts, your humor, your company. The only one left on The Talk that is worth listening to is Sharon, and she’s off for a bit. Sara, altho the show was your concept, you tend to be sort of dull without your sidekick Leah. Julie, leading the pack, in perfect light, perfect seating, perfect clothing, perfection all the way – you tend to be a bit boring. I tend to sit and look, then wonder how much your shoes cost, or outfit. My mind wonders, questioning different things.
    The original crew I believe was an odd, but GREAT mix of people. It is obvious someone like Sharon will have to stay on the show, in order to keep the audience awake !

39. Carol says:

I will not be watching The Talk any longer. Right now I find it very boring. Holly & Leah always made me laugh with their quick wit. I enjoy watching the ladies on The View,as they are a very talented and enjoyable group!!!

40. Chris Gassman says:

I am sorry to see both Leah and Holly not be on the show anymore. They were both so entertaining and I really enjoyed watching them. I think it was a big mistake to let them go, To me they both made the show,and it is not the same fun show. I used to record it just in case I was unable to watch it, I do not do that anymore. I wish I knew why they were let go.

41. Sue says:

CBS what are you thinking? Leah and Holly were the show. You can start looking for another show for The Talk time slot because it won’t last, GUARANTEED! Les should think about getting rid of his boring wife, Julie. I will not watch again. I hope Leah and Holly find a better job where they are appreciated!! Good luck to the both of them.

42. michelle says:

I was totally clueless where Leah went. Now No more talk for me! The Talk was perfect just like it was! To bad they are acting just like The View!

43. Tarazya Khanania says:

I am so sorry not to see Leah on the Talk Show. I used to finish my house work so i can watch the show but now i start my house work when the show start because it is boring without Leah.
    I still watch the King of Queens because she is so great!!!
    Tarazya

44. Kathy says:

I would like to say that I don’t care for The Talk now. I think the Station made a Big mistake not bringing Leah and Holly back. I loved the orginal cast. Really too bad…. No more talk for me…. I actually thing the show is boring now….

45. Kathee says:

This was the only afternoon talk show I enjoyed. The Talk will just become another boring show like the The View. If the didn’t like the attention that Leah and Holly got, then address it and they can tone it down…..but they created the banter that made the show entertaining. The substitute host they have had on will NEVER cut it…Kris Jenner – Forget It! Havn’t turned it on, since I noticed that Leah and Holly were gone…and won’t anymore.

46. Joan says:

My husband and I agree with all the comments above. We watched The Talk mostly because of Leah and Holly. They were the show. We thought they were just on vacation until today when I decided to Google and find out why they haven’t come back. To our disappointment we found out they are not coming back. We think this is a big mistake. We watched it everyday while we had lunch. Now I am not sure we will.

47. docjeum says:

I loved the show as it was and thought that ALL the ladies complimented each other and had something to offer and it did seem as if they were a bunch of girlfriends getting together each day. I don’t care for any of the co hosts I’ve seen so far. I doubt I’ll be watching but will give it a very small chance occasionally.
    Just have to ask since I don’t know anything about Julie, why all the negative comments? Does any one know her personally?

48. Mel says:

I totally agree. I loved watching those soaps as well and I am very disappointed that they took Leah and Holly off of the Talk.
    Thankfully they still have Sharon. I loved all their sassy comments and laughed out loud at nearly every episode I watched. They were down to earth which is what I can relate too. Julie and Sarah just don’t have that same outgoing, fun loving sense of humour that Leah, Sharon and Holly have. It is not a fault and I do believe that you need some balance and a few toned down personalities in the mix which they provided but the other 3 women add spark to the show! Now, it is just fizzling out. If (and when) Oprah creates a show for them, I will definitely watch. What a shame, CBS.

49. Mel says:

How long until this show is cancelled too?? I used to love watching As the World Turns and Guiding Light and CBS sent them packing. I am very disappointed that they took Leah and Holly off of the Talk.