Fall TV Preview

Scoop: Heroes' Zachary Quinto Joins FX's American Horror Story For Major Arc

Sylar is back!

In his first TV gig since his star-making turn as the archvillain on Heroes, Zachary Quinto is in negotiations for a major arc on Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s spooky new FX drama series American Horror Story.

American Horror Story Is Coming: Check Out the Freaky Poster! Watch the Creepy Promo!

Horror Story, which stars Dylan McDermott, Connie Britton and Jessica Lange, centers on therapist Ben Harmon (McDermott) and his wife Vivien (Britton) who move along with their kids into a haunted house. Quinto, who will appear in at least four episodes, will play Chad, the gay former owner of the house who becomes friends with Vivien.

Quinto’s character will be introduced in the show’s big two-part Halloween episode, which Murphy and Falchuk are working on. The first part will air in the series’ regular Wednesday time slot on Oct. 26, followed by Part 2 on Halloween night.

Connie Britton: American Horror Story Will ‘Transcend’ Viewers’ Perception of Horror

Since Heroes ended, Quinto has been focused mostly on movies, including playing Spock in Star Trek and its in-the-works sequel.

Comments (14)

• It’s not a show I would normally look at, but given the cast, I think I’ll at least give it a chance.

Comment by Bella – August 26, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s probably the black S&M-suited thing.

Comment by Sam – August 26, 2011 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t know if I can buy him as gay. It seems like such a stretch for him. He’d have to be Meryl Streep-good to pull THAT off.

Comment by Danny – August 26, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • bwahaha such a stretch lol

Comment by Notorious – August 26, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. Such a stetch.

Comment by sarah – August 26, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s fab news! Been looking forward to this show and I love Quinto! Super excited now!

Comment by Amanda – August 26, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t have a reason to watch this show until now.

Comment by Zoe – August 26, 2011 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know, right? I LOVE Quinto. He was just amazing on Heroes, so freakin scary and sexy at the same time.

I can see him playing gay though. He’s a very good actor, and when he slicks his hair back and puts on his glasses and acts demure he could totally do it.

Comment by Danielle H. – August 26, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You’re kidding, right?

Comment by Ronnie – August 26, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • He IS gay.

Comment by Erin – August 27, 2011 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is Mr. Ryan Murphy biulding an army full of great/excelent/genius actors?

Comment by Saulo – August 26, 2011 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ha, took me a second to realize Danny was being sarcastic. Anyway, this is great news, I’m such a fan. He’ll be great on the show. I’ll definitely be watching.

Comment by Kristy – August 26, 2011 01:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME!!!!

Comment by João Amaral – August 26, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • any1 else hear the sylar clock in their head?

Comment by TJCrinc – August 26, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post