The Talk to Add Kardashian Mom Kris Jenner

Kris Jenner is expanding her family business to include CBS’ The Talk.

Deadline’s Nikki Finke is reporting that the network is thisclose to announcing the addition of the Kardashian matriarch as a fill-in co-host on the in-flux gabfest. Also joining the roundtable is conservative radio personality Sheryl Underwood.

The hiring of Jenner and Underwood follows news that original co-hosts Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini have not been invited back for Season 2, and Sharon Osbourne — who was previously granted a lengthy family leave from the show — will return in a diminished capacity.

Talk creator Sara Gilbert will be back, as will CBS darling Julie Chen.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Daytime TV

• J. Leisten says:

I remember Sara saying her idea for the show was to have a group of women discussing current topics as if it were a group of friends (girlfriends) getting together to talk about these topics. That’s exactly how it felt when I watched it. They all seem like they were great friends and got along great and were having a good time. That came through the TV and made me feel as though I was experiencing the friendships along with them. Now they want to take that away and make this show just a copy of “The View”. NO THANKS! I already watch “The View” and am happy to go there to hear them argue about topics and hear their views on politics and serious topics. I watched “The Talk” to “hang out” with my “girlfriends” and see what they thought about topics in a funny, playful way the way girlfriends would do in real life and talk about the issues. I didn’t want the Barbara Walters stuffiness to “The Talk”. Now it feels like that’s where they are heading. I think they are making a HUGE mistake and they need to get Leah and Holly back immediately!!!! I want my girlfriend chat sessions back!!!!!!!

• Kim R says:

Could not agree more…..they have made a huge mistake….huge!

• marcy maire says:

I can’t believe they are replacing Leah and Holly with media whore Kris Jenner, I’m so sick of seeing her face every where. Why would they screw up a good show like the talk. They are now going to replace Leah and Holly with a mother who pimps out her own kids! Really!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        I hope the show crashes and burns!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Corie says:

Yep…I agree, what you said here….

• Vanessa says:

The Talk just lost a viewer by adding a kardashian, such a shame because it WAS a great show with the original cast!

• rob says:

Unfortunately, The Talk, is the most BORING talk show in history.
      When the self appointed queen, Julie Chen, walks out FIRST, and starts the show, I’m stunned at how trivial the subject-matter is. What was your most embarassing moment when you were seven? What would you do if you left the house without brushing your teeth? How many hotdogs can you eat in one sitting? AND THEN THEY ALL HAVE TO ANSWER, ONE AFTER THE OTHER. Snoooooozing yet!? If this show is popular, there are more uneducated people in America than I thought.
      Julie cannot tell a story to save her life, yet she goes on and on. Get to the POINT and make it a good one please!! Sharon is funny but they make her out to be dumber than I think she is?? Holly is nice but has limited time to shine. Melissa is fantastic but also doesn’t have the time to shine. And Leah…well let’s just say she doesn’t care to shine. She rather screech and scream at how impure everything is, and air her dirty laundry. THE VIEW on the other hand is funny, intelligent, informative, current and relevant. They can speak over there. KRIS KARd@#$%^&. Oh, she’ll add some class!! NOT!
      Please redo her botched nosejob first..and compliments for adding an unreal woman to speak to a real public everyday. This show will be off the air soon. Well, enough wasted time…I’m going outside now and live my life instead of vicariously living a Kardashian’s.

• mary says:

Can’t stand the Kardashians-I turn off every program they show up on.
        I am definitely not happy with the change to this show-it was fun. Give me a break about the View though, you couldn’t pay me to watch those ignorant broads.

• Mika says:

Yeah, adding a conservative host to the female panel with a lesbian host sounds an awful lot like copy of “The View”. At least before they were differientiating themselves with an all celebrity panel of women.

• Colleen says:

I watched the first new season of The Talk today and it was awful… BORING!! I will not be watching this show anymore. Holly Peete and Leah Remini were the best on the show. It will not be the same without them. I would encourage someone else to create a show with Leah and Holly… I would watch that. I’m switching over the “Ellen”

• flychick says:

This show held so much promise, but these are the absolute worst replacements for the original ladies. The final straw was adding Kris Jenner to the mix….how can anyone with a brain watch this dreadful drivel. Kris Jenner has nothing to add to my life, as hers is a total waste. Any mother who would not see that her children received a good education and become mature, responsible adults should be ashamed of herself. Hope her 20 minutes of fame brings her enough happiness. This show will never air in my home now.

1. Dee says:

The show sounds worse already. Perhaps we can get a talk show with Holly and Leah.

• Kim R says:

I would watch THAT show. I can’t believe CBS has done this. I finally found a talk show I actually looked forward to every day because it was like girlfriends getting together. I loved the feel of it & that had everything to do with the chemistry between the ladies at the table. I guess I’ll take a nap during that hour. :)

• Kim K says:

I agree, a talk show with Holly and Leah would be great. I refuse to watch The Talk any longer. Holly and Leah were my favorites.

• Angela J says:

Leah and Holly MADE the show. They are REAL people living in Hollywood, unlike Julie Chen who has to remind us every 5 minutes that her husband is “THE BOSS”. Wonder how you got this gig, Julie???? Please….fire Julie and the show would be even better.

• marcy maire says:

I agree

2. Carly says:

Do they think this will bring them better ratings? Hiring Kris Jenner will make me NOT watch their show. I’m sure many others feel the same. She uses her kids for fame and is willing to do anything to get publicity. Shameful.

3. asdfads says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Carrie says:

Personally, I only watch for Leah and Holly. They made the show amusing.

5. Tyler says:

Yay, maybe this will finally get that family a chance to be on TV.

6. CB says:

I’m done watching this show now. Leah & Holly were the most entertaining thing on the show.

7. Samantha says:

I don’t watch the show but if I did, this would make me not watch it. I like the Kardashians but I HATE Kris. She’s so horrible and annoying. She is so selfish and awful to Bruce and even her kids a lot of the time!

8. linda says:

I really enjoyed the show as it was. If Kris Jenner is added- I will definitely not watch anymore- she is so annoying. Not bringing Leah and Holly back is a big mistake- they were really likeable and funny.
    You had a good thing going- too bad you have to ruin it.

9. Allison Hastie says:

These new hosts guarantee I won’t watch. Deleting my season pass. I’m so disappointed.

10. Robin says:

It’s official. The Apocalypse is here. Hide your kids, hide your wife, the kardashian epidemic is invading network tv. Why do people buy, watch or care about anything this family touches? BLEEECCCHHH.

11. Josh says:

I’m done with The Talk. I loved the show, but this is just ridiculous. Kris is a glorified pimp and the worst example of a mother.

12. bnmc9999 says:

Kris Jenner is an obnoxious woman and I for one will not be watching The Talk with her on it. I hope The Chew is good – that is where I will be going.

13. Pamela says:

Please no, I won’t watch anymore if Leah does not return and especially if Kris Jenner is involved in any way. I have bragged about this show so much my family and friends also watch now but unfortunately will no longer!

14. Wendy says:

I really liked this show but with the announcement about Leah and Holly leaving and now Kris Jenner joining I’M DONE! The heads of The Talk really need to take a look at the terrible decisions they are making because this show is gonna fail really fast.

15. dee says:

WOW! makes The View to look stable, confident & normal!

16. betsy says:

Spool disappointed. WILL NOT WATCH

17. marci says:

My days of watching The Talk are now officially over. They have kept Chen (for obvious reasons) and Sara Gilbert who is just not a good interviewer and NEEDS Leah Remini to be even remotely interesting. Diminishing the role of Sharon Osbourne is a bad idea, and adding Kris Jenner is the WORST idea ever. Looks like my house will be a little cleaner on weekedays, LOL!

• jo says:

I agree! I absolutely not watch this show! Shame on you CBS, youre as bad as BOA for their “monthly fees” shame on both of you! Is this still America?

18. Nadine says:

My favorite on the Talk is Sarah, but I enjoyed Leah and Holly too. It seems like a bad decision to me. Kris Jenner, really?

19. Even says:

Such a bad decision! Who actually likes Kris Jenner or gives a crap what she has to say!! Stupid Stupid move for The Talk!

20. JIll says:

Looks like “The Talk” won’t be seeing a season 3.

21. Connie says:

Loved Holly and Leah!!! So sad to see them leave. But for Kris Jenner? Really?Nope sorry I will NOT watch

22. Ginger says:

Hiring Kris will help make sure that this viewer doesn’t watch! I am going to miss Leah and Holly!

23. Cindy says:

Can’t picture this show without Leah, not worth my time now…only daytime show I watched besides the news

24. Josh says:

Yikes…seriously? Ratings bomb on the way!

25. Bryan says:

BARF! The Kardashians are disgusting human beings.

26. Mikaela says:

Yet another reason I’m glad I work during the day. I am so sick of the Kardashians! Do they not realize that no one gives a crap about what they do? They are clueless to the plights of the the rest of the country. I’d love to see them have to live like the rest of us for a week. They wouldn’t last a day. 10 million dollars spent on a wedding? That amount of money donated to the Children’s Miracle Network or St. Jude’s could have saved so many lives. The whole family is wasteful and ungrateful. I for one cannot wait for the rest of the world to wise up to these fame seekers and boot them off the air.

27. Zachary says:

Blech! she’ll probably bring on her (media) whore daughters all the time. I love Sharon, but if she’s only gonna be on sporadically, this show is DEAD to me.

28. Chris says:

Leah Remini is the reason why i liked this show… i have no reason to watch it now.

29. Elizabeth says:

YUCK!!! I agree with the others. Leah and Holly made the show. Won’t be watching next season.

30. Jan says:

Aaaahhhh…my daughter & I love the show as it is now. Leah & Holly made a great mix for personalities. Adding Kris will not be as funny for sure. This was the best talk show..way better than the View! Don’t do it!

31. Carly says:

I don’t know why Holly Robinson Peete and Leah Remini were not asked back. They ladies seemed to have a good dynamic and were a welcome change from the constant cacklin’ on The View. I will not be tuning in with Kris Jenner and less of Mrs. O.

32. LM says:

Watching Sara Gilbert is as exciting as watching paint dry. If Holly and Leah leave the show is ruined. Why get ridof the best two personalities in the show? Dumb move CBS

33. Mel says:

The appeal of this show was that it was REAL people talking. Leah and Holly are both moms from different backgrounds and attitudes, and because of that it was nice to hear their different points of view. I do not have anything in common with a conservative radio host or Kris Jenner who most likely doesn’t deal with the same issues as me on a daily basis. I’m so sorry to Sara Gilbert who has done a super great job, but I will no longer be watching! I was a loyal viewer who never missed an episode.

• nons says:

I cant believe I am reading that Holly and Leah are being replaced with Kris Jenner. I have watched this show from day one and absolutely loved these 5 women. I feel like I know them all and know how they are going to respond to topics. I will probably tune in to just see how much I hate the new show. I am TOTALLY BUMMED OUT!

• Sheryl H says:

I have deleted The Talk from my DVR. I am so disappointed that Leah and Holly were let go BUT even worse – Kris Jenner??? – why???? The Kardashian shows just show how the rich Americans don’t care about the normal working people. They are all so into themselves and greedy – even making money on your daughter’s wedding???? SHe is not the mother that I had in mind when watching this show, which I never missed an episode. There is no loyalty with Sara and Julie and I think Julie didn’t like being the center of attention, so therefore Leah and Holly are gone. and then a conservative talk show host. Why can’t we just have an hour to relax and laugh instead of worrying about things or hearing about Kardashians??? Goodbye to a great show.

34. David Byrne says:

Is somebody going to tell Kris she can’t curse on network TV? And how long will it take before she parades the only family on to the show?

35. chloe says:

Granted I haven’t watched the show yet, but the addition of a Kartrashian ensures that I never will. That family is horrible. Why won’t they go away?

• Kim says:

What a shame.I so enjoyed that show.They appeared to get along so well.Down to earth. Leah was the best, I loved her personality she was real. Now to break it up, it will not work. It’s very boring. Oh well you had a good thing CBS… You screwed it up.

36. Sheri says:

I admit I thought Leah was a bit over the top at times but I loved Holly. She was very down to earth. I think showing their mother’s on camera every day was a bit much. But reading the addition of Kris Jenner today will make me STOP watching the show. There is something so wrong about this. She is not what I would consider a great role model of a mother. A great business woman…absolutely…those girls are set for life financially speaking, but she has put her husband and her lazy son on the back burner. Don’t make this mistake. You will lose lots of viewers!

37. J. Leisten says:

I remember Sara saying her idea for the show was to have a group of women discussing current topics as if it were a group of friends (girlfriends) getting together to talk about these topics. That’s exactly how it felt when I watched it. They all seem like they were great friends and got along great and were having a good time. That came through the TV and made me feel as though I was experiencing the friendships along with them. Now they want to take that away and make this show just a copy of “The View”. NO THANKS! I already watch the “The View” and am happy to go there to hear them argue about topics and hear their views on politics. I watched “The Talk” to “hang out” with my “girlfriends” and see what they thought about topics in a funny, playful way the way girlfriends would get together in real life and talk about the issues. I didn’t want the Barbara Walters stuffiness to “The Talk”. Now it feels like that’s where they are heading. I think they are making a HUGE mistake and they need to get Leah and Holly back immediately!!!! I want my girlfriend chat sessions back!!!!!!!

38. Terry says:

Sorry to read about Holly and Leah leaving the show. I think we have all seen enough of the Kardashian’s for now and feel it is not a good choice if Kris Jenner joins the show. There’s got to be better choices out there for replacements.

39. Mrs O says:

Never watched it because it replaced As the World Turns. With this addition, definitely won’t. Heard that Kardashian is the new code word for overexposed.

40. Liza says:

Who is Sheryl Underwood?

41. Denise says:

This must be a bad joke. There is no show without those two ladies. Kris Jenner are you kidding me right now. Child please!!!

42. David Lightfoot says:

I guess I’ll give Kris Jenner a try since I don’t watch that Kardashians show, but getting rid of Leah and Holly and diminishing Sharon will be a really bad idea. Maybe an inevitable ratings drop will persuade the head honchos at “The Talk” to beg for Leah and Holly back.

BTW, was this Maria Arena Bell’s idea? She’s already driving another CBS show, “The Young and the Restless” to total cancellation as executive producer and head writer. She really has no business giving her advice and two cents to other CBS shows.

43. April says:

I love Kris Jenner! I don’t understand all the hate comments. She’s funny and smart and quick witted. Quite frankly, Leah and Holly are wannabes. I do agree that Sarah Gilbert is booorrringg. I don’t know who this Sheryl person is but are they copying The View by bringing on a conservative?? Anyway, I will START watching The Talk more consistently now that Leah and Holly are gone and Kris Jenner is hired!

44. Bobbi says:

Yuck! Are these people EVER going to go away?

45. Kristin says:

Kris Kardashian is so obnoxious and conceited. She sets a very poor example for her young daughters by acting like her older daughters with their trashy mouths. It is bad enough that Kim and her ridiculous “I am American royalty” wedding is everywhere but the last thing network television needs is to have Kris plugging every move her children make. The Talk has just set itself up for cancellation.

46. shar says:

Definitely won’t be watching The Talk anymore.

47. Brenda says:

I just started watching the Talk, and enjoy it as it is. I will NOT watch anything with a Kardashian in it!

48. Ron says:

I would be ok with Kris as a fill-in host for when one of the regulars need time off but to kick off Holly and Leah yeah like others I’m also done with the show.

49. Ann Srevens says:

Appending a Kardashian to a “talk” show? How could an inflatable, p.r.-seeking parasite relate to mothers and working women? Her own offspring indulge in snobbery but do nothing more than cut ribbons for suburban outhouses. Count me out, this show is crash-landing.