Biggest Loser Tackles NFL-Themed Episode

NBC’s The Biggest Loser is changing the playing field during its upcoming 12th season with a pro footballer-filled installment.

New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees, Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow (pictured at right), and Hall of Fame running back Eric Dickerson are among the NFL stars set to touch down on the weight-loss competition on Oct. 4, EW.com reports. And exec producer Todd Lubin promises the athletes won’t just be there to look pretty on camera. Tebow and Co. will actually participate in challenges with the contestants, as well as aid in their “Last Chance Workout.”

“It’s not just some great athlete coming out and saying ‘Hey, look at me!’” Lubin says of the special episode. “We actually get to their stories — and these NFL guys have unbelievable stories.”

Fellow NFL stars Kurt Warner, Steve Young, and Jerry Rice have been featured in previous seasons.

The Biggest Loser Season 12 — featuring new trainers Anna Kournikova and Dolvett Quince — debuts Tuesday, Sept. 20 on NBC.

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Reality TV

1. JB Smooove says:

No pointto watch since Jilly Bean left. =(

2. Julie says:

Without Bob and Jillian? BL has completely lost its appeal. Anna Kournikova? Great for tennis…not great for working out. Pass.

3. Jax says:

With Jillian and Bob gone I fear the title of this show will actually be refering to the show itself. It will be the biggest loser…of viewers.

• Mary says:

Bob is NOT gone! He’s still working his magic, and I think Dolvett will be a great asset. But we should all remember that it took Bob and Jillian a few years to figure it all out. Now we’re impatient with new trainers. Let’s give them a break!

4. Maggs says:

If you wanted to get viewers interested perhaps you should have used a picture of someone who is an actually NFL star and not a third string quarterback.

5. Sarah says:

When did Bob leave? I mean I like Brett and Cara well enough but….e can’t lose both the big names!

6. lariet50 says:

You know, if Drew Brees were one of the trainers on this show, I’d watch.

7. Cathy says:

No kidding! When did Bob leave??? DID I COMPLETELY MISS SOMETHING??? Or, are there just 3 trainers, and they added those other 2??

8. Tony says:

Bob is still around this season. Jill was the only one who left at the end of last season. I think Bob had even tweeted from the set a few times so fast this season.

9. Owen says:

There are 3 trainers this season, Bob as per usual and Dolvett Quince and Anna Kournikova are the newbies.

10. Dawn says:

What happened to Brett and Cara, are they not around for this season?

11. Miller says:

Anna Kournikova was my H.S. crush. My mindset of Kournikova, was like Zack Morris showing off his cardboard cut-out of Kelly Kapowski(in her volleyball outfit). But I don’t know how much appeal she’ll have on this show. If she were mean’t to host a show, it would have already happened. I’ve never watched this show, and I still won’t. If they would have added a Miami Hurricane, it may have gotten my attention.

12. It’ll be quite challenging to manage pellet quality leading to as well.

13. Mary says:

Anna is going to have to step up her game. Missing Bret and Kara… Why are they gone?

14. Mary says:

Bret and Kara were set up to fail by pitting them against Bob and Jillian. They should have paired them up differently, perhaps Jillian with Bret and Bob with Kara. Well, it’s all water under the bridge now.

15. Kate says:

I watched last night and enjoyed the new trainers very much. I was so tired of Jillian – she’s good at what she does, but all that screeching! It will be interesting to see if Anna’s much softer approach will work. The new male trainer (missed his name) is gorgeous and awesome.

16. Gigi says:

What in the world was wrong with the other teams tonight? The conversation Alison was having about the workout time that the black team selected, was only concerning THAT team. He was not saying he did not respect the other teams. He was just saying he respected the team’s desire to work out in the morning. Lighten up people, everything is not about you or for a disagreement. The conversation had nothing to do with the other teams. He was just answering Alison’s question. Stop seeking out the negative.