TVLine Items: SOAPnet's Grand AMC Send-Off, Grey's Anatomy Mom Is Cast, and More

Let the countdown begin!

On Sept. 23, All My Children‘s final broadcast episode will air on ABC. Thankfully, SOAPnet has announced plans to honor the daytime institution with a two-day, 12-episode marathon of AMC‘s most memorable hours.

For starters, relish in the wonder that is Erica Kane on Saturday, Sept. 17 at 7/6c, with a mini-marathon titled “I Love Lucci.” The five back-to-back episodes (one from 1979!) include Erica’s fairy tale wedding to Jack (one of their trips down the aisle, anyway), her daughter Bianca’s difficult coming out, and the realization that she might in fact be a pill addict.

Head back to SOAPnet on Sunday, Sept. 18 at 5 pm for “All My Children: Last Chance for Romance,” which will feature seven episodes meant to showcase Pine Valley’s most beloved couples, including: Cliff and Nina (pictured above); Jenny and Greg; Tad and Dixie; Ryan and Gillian; Leo and Greenlee; Zach and Kendall; and Angie and Jesse.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

It’s official: Three-time Grey’s Anatomy director Debbie Allen will be stepping in front of the camera to play Jackson’s mom, EW.com confirms. The dance legend is set to appear in the fifth episode of the ABC medical drama’s eighth season (premiering Sept. 22).

• New York Magazine’s Vulture is reporting that Oxygen has decided not to move forward with its ratings-challenged Paris Hilton vehicle, The World According to Paris. Though, a rep for the series tells TVLine that “the show just recently completed its run and no pick up decision has been made.” Additionally, the TV blog states that Roseanne Barr’s Roseanne’s Nuts is on the chopping block.

• The presenters for the 2011 Primetime Creative Arts Emmy Awards have been announced, and there’s no shortage of TV folk taking part. Giving out gold at the Sept. 10 event — to be broadcast Sept. 17 on ReelzChannel — will be Jon Cryer and Chuck Lorre (Two and a Half Men), Connie Britton and Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights), Alison Brie and Dan Harmon (Community), Phil Keoghan and Bertram Van Munster (The Amazing Race), Noah Wyle and Robert Rodat (Falling Skies), Nick Tweed Simmons and Gene Simmons (Gene Simmons: Family Jewels), Kiernan Shipka and Matthew Weiner (Mad Men), and Jeff Probst and Mark Burnett (Survivor).

• Who will host this Sunday’s MTV Video Music Awards? According to Billboard, the coveted spot (occupied last year by Chelsea Handler) is going to… no one!

• Beginning Sept. 5, TeenNick will replace Clarissa Explains It All and Doug with the animated classics Hey Arnold! and Rocko’s Modern Life on its The ’90s Are All That programming block, per EW.com.

• And lastly, a somber note: Jimmy Kimmel Live staple Frank “Uncle Frank” Potenza died Tuesday at the age of 77. Potenza joined his real-life nephew on the eponymous ABC late-night show back in 2003, after two decades as a New York City police officer.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (61)

• cant wait for the 18th now!!! love me some ryan/gillian and all the rest :)

Comment by Brenna – August 24, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m excited to see the AMC episodes that were before my time and to see Ryan & Gillian and Greenlee & Leo as a couple again. Leo and Gillian were Greenlee’s and Ryan’s true soulmates.

Comment by Carrie – August 24, 2011 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dear madam , My name is Julia M.Dixon,I have been watching your soaps all most for 35 years. Iam 52 years I would like too know why you took off my best show, my whole watch our day saop ALL My CHILDREN THANK YOU MRS.JULIA DIXON

Comment by smallfrie6650@yahoo.com – October 20, 2011 01:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • • NBC has purchased a drama pilot from Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and Jerry Bruckheimer, Deadline reports. The series is said to tell the story of the 1980s “Hulkamania” pro-wrestling boom.

Why?

Comment by Austen – August 24, 2011 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ah, Nina and Cliff. It was when they got married that I first started watching All My Children. Sniff, I can’t believe my soaps are going away.

Comment by Denise – August 24, 2011 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What is wrong with ABC? How can you take away “All my Children”. I have watched since day one, 41 years. I had 3 kids born watching this soap!! Do you realize there are so many fans like me who have been so faithful to All my children, One life to live, and General hospital. Did not like the ending. The Chew? Now that is a nasty taste in my mouth.Will never ever ever watch . You kidnapped All my chidren. Bring them back home where they belong, now!!!!!!

Comment by AuntBThurman – September 24, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i think its terrible they have removed program there is a lot of people with no internet i have dial up so i can not tie up phone that long i will not watch a lot of abc now especially other sops please bring it back

Comment by constance colucci – September 26, 2011 03:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ALREADY MISS [ ALL MY CHILDREN ]

Comment by CONNIE JONES – September 26, 2011 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • When will AMC be on line/

Comment by Eleanor Parvin – September 26, 2011 10:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I also want the date and link address.

Comment by cher – September 27, 2011 11:19 AM PDT
        • please bring back All My Children

Comment by jessie smart – September 27, 2011 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • please bring AMC back to us. I have been a fan from the first program which air. I need my AMC.
            How can I see the final program. I missed it on the 23rd.
            Cher

Comment by Cher – September 27, 2011 11:08 AM PDT
        • I have looked at all my children since the 70s Don’t know anything else had to tape it and looked at it every night.I am now 70 years young and can sit and look.I miss my show.I’ve never missed a show and got upset if something else came on even the “President”Smile.

Comment by dot johnson – October 1, 2011 11:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • i enjoyed amc, you need to bring it back ive been a fan for years, i even take care of the elderly that dont get out of there homes an they are upset with this too it was part of there day, ABC should be boycott for this, an now they going to take off OLTL to, we dont need anymore talk shows or cooking shows, give us back what we want,may god bless the all the ppl that made them soaps for us an that abc put out of a job, on more ABC in my house, hang on gh fans youll be next..

Comment by rita – September 26, 2011 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree 100%, i will b 40 in march & i have been watching these soaps since i can remember. My Mother watched AMC, OLTL, & GH til she passed away 17yrs ago & this makes me feel like im loseing her all over again cause we would watch them together & even just conversation about the shows ( wonderin who does what, etc.. )… Im really dissappointed in ABC…. We are always hearing talk on the news, etc about Obestiy and what do they do, put more cooking shows on tv…….. What ALOT of ppl dont realize is that these soaps isnt just about a bunch of drama, alot of the story lines ppl in the real world can relate to in someway, either themselves might be or have went through or knows someone that has……. Im just really irrated with these issue.

Comment by Crystal Grant – September 28, 2011 05:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, but how many actresses named Debbie DON’T dance?

Comment by Sam – August 24, 2011 04:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

• Or Noah and Julia?
      Or Erica and Nick?
      Or Phoebe and Langley?
      Or Adam and Liza?
      Or Brooke and Tom?
      Or Edmund and Maria?

SO many awesome couples. If I had to pick one as the single greatest pairing for the show, though, it would always be Greg and Jenny. I am still waiting for a greater moment of dramatic payoff than his breaking up her wedding to Tony.

Comment by Amy – August 24, 2011 07:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I loved Greg and Jenny. Even named my daughter after her. Can’t wait to see them again! I wonder how long it will take before ABC realizes the HUGE mistake they made!!!

Comment by Lori – September 13, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the heads up! Yay for such a marathon :)

–Note: TYPO: Erica’s daughter is Bianca, with a “c”.

Comment by lipsticksocialism – August 24, 2011 09:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am crying i will miss all my children my cuz played on all my children tom wright as eugen jessy step bro and i have been watching ever since god i am going to miss everybody

Comment by diane brown – August 24, 2011 10:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My heart breaks whenever i think about my soaps ending. I will never watch the chew.

Comment by Lisa G. – August 24, 2011 11:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • AMC was my Favorite soap. I’ve been watching for many years and I too, will never ever watch “The Chew”. Never!!

Comment by Nancy Luthi – September 24, 2011 09:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • None of us want to see the Chew ;; Everyone wants our soaps back on I Hate when they take off good shows and replace them with lame one

Comment by denise opalka – September 27, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • R.I.P. Uncle Frank.

Comment by Walrus – August 25, 2011 01:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sorry to see All My Children and One Life to Live leave the air. I’ve been a fan for over 30 years. And the new shows which are listed to air in the soap operas place will never match the views for years. This is a BIG MISTAKE!!

Comment by Joanne – September 2, 2011 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To anyone at ABC that cares,

Chew, another TALK show, really. Well good luck with that, I for one refuse to watch it at all, I’am sure, just like other watchers of All My Children, will refuse to watch this garbage! It’s all about the almight dollar. Where you going to be when your worthless talk show goes in the can. ABC, the station that cancels great show just because there profit margin went down a bit. There worried about there C.E.O. bonuses, unbelievable!!

Comment by C and D – September 4, 2011 12:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess what the fans think don’t matter. Well you can forget about the chew. Soap fans will look for another good soap. You got guts that is for sure. The other show will never take the place of a well loved soap and it’s fine actors. Daytime has been a market for women who want a break from housework because we are at it all the time. If you are on your way to work, it is your break before you get into your busy day away from home. You discuss it before work and you whine down before you start with soap conversation. Sound crazy? Of course it is because a conversation about soaps means that you are not gossipping about someone but you do your talking thing. No harm done. I personally watch cooking shows on line or cable channel. I am insulted that these folks on ABC would take the best programming that they have and destroy it. What is next, the news? Somebody at ABC needs to go and it is not the actors and writers and other soap staff. Something is wrong up there.

Comment by deborah – September 4, 2011 04:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My first soap “ship” – Jeff Martin and Mary Kennicott….

Comment by candy apples – September 12, 2011 06:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Natalie/Trevor?

Comment by Allison – September 12, 2011 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is really going on with All My Children and One Life To Live?
    Will be seeing them on the internet or will we be able to catch it
    on our laptops.

Thank You.

Jay

Comment by Jay – September 14, 2011 11:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been watching All My Children since its inception. I planned my college schedule around AMC’s schedule. Can’t imagine what it would be like to not have AMC. I try to tape the show everyday and am currently doing so. I watch it on ABC, SoapNet and then watch it several other times a day until the early morning. Good luck to all the AMC cast and to all their future endeavors. They will be very missed.

Comment by Regina Lum – September 15, 2011 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • will never watch abc every again. will miss all my children with such a passion. shame on abc.

Comment by angie – September 15, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just wanna say I suffer from severe Depression ,n ever since I found out my Soaps My Life are going off the air my condition has gotten Worse. They the soaps were my reasons for living, I looked forward to everyaday, to living for my soaps. ..i have nuttin to live for now thanx ABC…… u ended my life……i will not live without my Soaps……

Comment by Lydia Schermety – September 18, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ive been watching all my children since i was 8, this makes 22 yrs of something that i looked forward to everyday. cried and laughed with the cast for yrs. every morning waiting for 1pm. now what is there to look forward to everyday?

Comment by kristyn – September 20, 2011 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WILL WE BE SEEING OUR ABC SOAPS ON LINE?

THANK YOU.

Comment by J. PADILLA – September 20, 2011 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • where I go on the net to see AMC & Oltl. Need the www. adress

Comment by Cher – September 27, 2011 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a shame, what a lost. I’ve been a fan of All My Children and One Life to Live since 1978. At the time the shows were 1/2 hour shows. In any case when the show moved to 1 hour I was so happy. I work at night come home rest and watch my soaps when I wake up while I’m doing my house work. I call it my “ME TIME” It’s the only time doing the day I get a little peace and quite while my children are in school.

I can’t believe ABC is putting on a cooking show. Don’t they realize we have enough cooking shows already. I thought we are a country trying to stop the over weight population. Talking about Diabetes, High Blood Pressure and other cronic diseases. Why on earth do we need with another cooking show which causes obesity, illness, dying and other medical problems. I will NEVER WATCH YOUR COOKING SHOWS AND THEY WON’T LAST EITHER. what BIG mistake ABC is making.

We don’t need the CHEW or another cooking show.

Starr

Comment by Starr – September 20, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Love Angie&Jesse,Tad&Dixie,Greg&Jenny. Wish Hayward could have brought Jenny back.

Comment by Kelly – September 21, 2011 01:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i grew up watching all my children
    i hope that the new shows dont get good ratings and they bring it back asap

Comment by jenny kendall – September 22, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why did you end all my children with a cliff hanger what happens to jr and why did”nt stuart show up at the party to show jr he was aLIVE and who is the other person david have in hiding you left so many answers i hate that and i will not watch the stupid show the chew that is all that is on tv any more is cooking show or some other no good program why did you have to take all children off i hope all of your programs go to you know where and it is not heaven goodbye tv as far as i am condier cause it is not worth you pay for cable to have a tv now day

Comment by mary – September 23, 2011 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • well there is nothing for my DVR to do, it’s tape so many AMC shows I’ve been watching since 1970. I think think they want us to watch on line to get the cliff hangers!!

Comment by Linda – September 23, 2011 11:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave my daytime soaps alone u want to take something off take off those talk shows if i wanted to watch something diffrent i would write in and request it ur going to loose alot of audeince

Comment by Camille – September 24, 2011 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have watched the ABC Soaps, all 3 of them since 1970 when I could not work due to my 1st pregnancy. My pregnancy was not an easy one; therefore, I was on complete bed rest. What did I do? I watched All My Children, One Life to Live, General Hospital. Because I watched those shows, I, also watched the same channel for my news, weather, and most of the other shows I watched. I lost this child on January 1, 1971. I was 5 1/2 months pregnant. I watched the shows, after that on any day I had off from work, read anything about my favorite shows. My next pregnancy was in 1974; I had to, again, be on complete bed rest. I once again watched ABC for All My Children, One Life to Live, and General Hospital. I had a beautiful baby girl in October of 1974. Then in 1979, I had another Daughter. I was luckily enough to be able to work until she was born. My husband decided he did not want me to work with 2 little girls, therefore, I became a stay at home Mom. I watched the shows through their years at home and have continued to watch them. Now I watch One Life to Live on the Soap net channel. When One Life to Live ends; I will no long watch anything associated with ABC. I have given up General Hospital as it was my least favorite. Oh, yes, I will watch All My Children and One Life to Live on either my Laptop or my desk top. May have to buy another computer just to be sure I can watch the show as my Husband does use a computer some and so does my grand kids. I will always keep up with my 2 favorite shows. Anyway, I won’t be watching THE CHEW. What a bad name for a show. There are to many food shows, talk shows, so abc you loose my vote for tv station of the day, much less year.

Comment by Della – October 12, 2011 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Leave my daytime soaps alone u want to take something off take off those talk shows if i wanted to watch something diffrent i would write in and request it ur going to loose alot of audience and viewers and ur ratings is going to plumit even more

Comment by Camille – September 24, 2011 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I for one want be watching the chew why don’t they leave the soaps alone I love all my children and one life to live I watch them with my mom when i was little its sad.

Comment by cathy – September 24, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so sad and disappointed in ABC that they have taken AMC off the air. I have been watching since 1982 and will never watch “The Chew”. After OLTL goes off in January I am totally finished with ABC. Also, if AMC is going online when is this happening? So far I haven’t been able to find out a date. I have watched these ABC soaps for many years and feel like I am losing part of my family. They have been an escape from the reality of every day stress for me, at least for a few hours. I think ABC has made a HUGE mistake and their ratings will reflect this soon. It would be nice if another network would broadcast these soaps as many people are on fixed incomes in this economy and cannot afford a computer or another monthly charge for an internet service.

Comment by Linda – September 24, 2011 11:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can YALL do this I’ve been Watchin sence I was a kid OMG that’s crazy..

Comment by latoya bennett – September 26, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well ABC….you have put a bitter taste in my mouth by removing ALL MY CHILDREN from your station….I have watched this series since 1973, when the company I worked for put a TV in our lunch room…I saved a lot of money by taking my lunch everyday so I could watch ALL MY CHILDREN,,,Could not wait until I retired in 1994 so that I could watch my show at home without all the noise of a lunch room.
    I cant imagine what this CHEW program will be….another talk show,
    just what we need….but I wont be watching it for sure. I doubt that I will be watching very many ABC programs from here on and I feel that a lot of people will move to other networks because of this
    removal of a very special SOAP….Please reconsider.

Comment by Nadine Robinson – September 26, 2011 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hen they moved this show to california, I knew something as up. How on earth could abc cancel a soep that had so many good actors, so many witty characters and storylines. I was in tears when I had to say goodbye. You’re taking Susan Lucci off the air for some show called the chew. How rediculous! There will never be another actress like her on tv. The Angie and Jessie storyline was so heartwarming. I just can’t accept this, and to leave everyone hanging! No reality shows can compete with the skill these actors and actresses have. Shame on you ABC!

Comment by NETSPANN – September 26, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, you left us hanging on “All My Children” who got shot???? When will it be online???? been checking it everyday and nothing, I sure hope that this is not how “One Life to Live” is going to be…
    It just suck’s that you took these soaps off and put another cooking show on when half of the world is overweight! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING. Please get it together and put are soaps back on here or on TV, if your not going to keep your word than WHY end the shows incomplete…
    I thought Disney was a place of Dreams…this is more like a NIGHTMARE!!!!

Comment by sandy vogel – September 28, 2011 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is a sad day! No more AMC Will AMC be online and continue does anyone know I will miss mt soap

Comment by Lei Anne – September 28, 2011 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am appalled that you took AMC off. I have watched since day 1 and everyday day since, recorded it if I was not going to be home. ABC what the heck were you thinking, the ratings went down, ahem.. so you say. Look at all the followers you have, and the millions more that did not post, I will never watch “The Chew” and will never watch any new ABC programs that take All My Children or One Life to Live. We want our soaps back…. spit on The Chew, so much for healthy America…..Lost without my AMC!! If it is going to be on the internet LET US KNOW.. Better Yet just put it back on the air even if you have to put it on another channel which would be proud to air or show !!!

Comment by Pam – October 4, 2011 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what up with taking off the soap ABC!now you a’ll are canceling soap net too? I’ve watching since i was a little girl over 40 years. what you doing to television is not too everyone liking.

Comment by cj – October 12, 2011 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC–Take the CHEW and spit it out–What are you- thinking?OR NOT! Getting rid of AMC. Watched AMC FOREVER– ABC wake up (IF DR. Hayward can bring back the dead) Why can’t you bring back OUR AMC?

Comment by Larry – October 20, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want AMC on boxset. The very lease anes nixon can do for us. Is start with the first epiode and work her way to the present. On soapnet. Do they not care about the fans that grow up on AMC. Bye bye ‘Chew’

Comment by Tabatha – October 25, 2011 04:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I had Major Surgery that Final Week. I was so out of it for almost 2 Weeks, I couldn’t even turn on a TV, I was so full of drugs, I didn’t even know what day it was. I watched AMC,since day 1,only to miss the final shows. I’m so upset about this. Are they planing to “REPEAT AT LEAST THE WEEK OF THE SHOW”? PLEASE RERUN AT LEAST THE LAST WEEK OF”ALL MY CHILDREN”!!!!! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE,PLEASE.

Comment by Peggy Simonoff – November 4, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wat can I say I grew up with amc thats all I knew mom was the biggest fan of all.

Comment by Stacey mcintyre – November 16, 2011 09:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please return all my children I really miss all of them

Comment by penny – December 19, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC plesae bring back amc really miss my soap

Comment by sherille – December 21, 2011 09:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post