Survivor: South Pacific Brings Back 'Coach' and Ozzy: Third Time's the Charm...?

Though you will see many a stranger across a crowded lagoon, Survivor: South Pacific will also feature two familiar faces: Benjamin “Coach” Wade and Ozzy Lusth, CBS announced on Wednesday morning, confirming online rumors. And at last one Survivor vet predicts they both will have a very hard time this latest time around.

Meet the Survivor: South Pacific Cast! Who Gets Your Early, Superficial Vote?

The pair of alumni are in fact making threepeat performances. Coach previously competed in the Tocantins and Heroes vs. Villains editions of the CBS reality staple, while Ozzy appeared on Cook Islands and Fans vs. Favorites.

Jeff Probst forecasts that both Coach and Ozzy will have a hard time of it on South Pacific — partly because Boston Rob gave returning players a bad name by walking away with the win on Redemption Island, but also because “their social games suck,” the show’s host tells EW.com. “Coach? He blew it in Heroes vs. Villains. He blew it seven different ways. And Ozzy got voted out [on Fans vs. Favorites] with an idol in his hand!”

Coach and Ozzy will be assigned to separate tribes in the 90-minute season premiere, airings Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 8/7c. As previously reported, this edition will continue the Redemption Island play element.

Survivor fans, are any of you excited to see either of these guys, again?

1. Sabrina says:

I am a big Ozzy fan, he was just not good in the fan favorites show. Coach is a bit annoying but at least usually entertaining. I don’t mind them bringing back one or two players this way, although apparently it really bothers some people.

Hopefully there will be plenty of water challenges this season so Ozzy can really shine.

2. brandy says:

Wait. Really? Of all Survivor players, they brought back these two?? I was hoping for at least one female, too…maybe someone like Parvati.

3. Mia says:

I can’t get over the fact that Ozzy stole Shambo’s mullet… ;)

4. John Berggren says:

Neither competitor inspire the same interest that Russel & Rob brought to the game for me, but I’ll still likely watch. I’d love to see earlier players return.

5. Tim says:

both of their track records read of loyalty to a fault—which makes for very boring game play–our only hope is that the newbies are cut throat

6. Sam says:

Yes to Ozzy.
    No to his hair.

7. Theresa says:

I didn’t like Coach the first time around but loved him on the Heroes v. Villains season. I don’t really like this mixing people who played before though with new people. Look at how much it made Big Brother suck this season.

8. mgb says:

Ozzy is my all time favorite Survivor contestant. I’m very excited that he’s on this season, and I hope he wins this time.

9. Ralph Michael Emerson says:

Coach is garbage. Ozzy, while not offensive, is boring at this point. This recycling of competitors on Survivor has become a fatal blow to me, as a viewer. I didn’t watch last season because I was sick of seeing Boston Rob, and I would not subject myself to another season of watching that grinning little troll, who is already wealthy, and exhibited disgusting behavior. If I were on an island with that little bitch I would have beaten him ’til I got kicked out of the competition, I found him so offensive. The show is exhibiting signs of desperation by constantly bringing people back. But I’m sure someone is being praised as a “genius” for this strategy. For me, I won’t be watching this season either. And I won’t be back until they stop recycling the competitors.

10. ultimate troll says:

I agree it’s a weird pair to bring back but in a way it might be for the best. Coach is NEVER going to win and Ozzy pretty much needs to win Immunity eight times in a row to even get to a final 3.

Add in the fact that after Boston Rob none of the new players will take for granted that a returnee can’t win.

So yeah, these two are probably not going to last long at all.

11. seattlejohn says:

this will be the 1st season I think I will pass on after that last go-round with Redemption Island and Rob and Russell…last season would’ve been so much better if it had focused on new players only…it’s like the producers don’t trust their proven formula to engage the fans with these stunt-level distractions and casting…how about if they bring back all the players from last season except Rob and Russell and give them a shot at a real season of Survivor

12. JohnDoe says:

Yeah! Let’s keep bringing back the losers who screwed up not the first time, but the second time as well!

13. Ann says:

Gag me with a freaking spoon! I couldn’t stand either one of these losers and I can’t believe they’re bringing them back. Ugggggh! Almost as bad as Russell from last season, although they got rid of him soon enough. What is this new “fad” Survivor has gotten into in bringing back OLD players? IF they felt they had to, I would rather see somebody like Jimmy Johnson or James (from GA). They were at least interesting and nice to look at. lol

14. Jay Kelley says:

I’ve been waiting for Ozzy to come back. Got hooked on Survivor for the first time during “Cook Islands” (Still the best season), and I own every season on video. I love Yule, but Ozzy should have won that season. Then on FvF, he should have won…darn those cookies!!