Emmys

Emmys 2011: Who Deserves the Award for Supporting Actor in a Drama? Vote Now!

Get More: Awards, Emmys, Polls

The Emmy award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama has gone to a different actor every year since 1996, when Ray Walston took home his second consecutive statuette for Picket Fences. And that trend will continue in 2011, as Breaking Bad‘s Aaron Paul can’t defend his title due to AMC scheduling the return of his series after the close of this year’s Emmy eligibility period. So who should be the latest beneficiary of Emmy’s fickleness in the category?

Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 10, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick for when the Emmys are handed out Sept.18!

Every day for the next month, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor, and to stay up to speed on all our races, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (91)

• Andre Braugher all the way. His character feels as if he’s someone I know. I like the other actors, but with them, I’m watching television. With Men of a Certain Age and Braugher I was watching life.

Comment by Karen Fergeson – August 27, 2011 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 100% in agreement. I’m a 21 year veteran of Actor’s Equity Association… Braugher never appears “acting” he just “is” his character… everything he does… 100% committed. He is an actor’s actor… incredible to watch… he never appears to be “working”. So talented.

Comment by William Green – September 6, 2011 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I never heard of Games of Thrones so I wouldn’t vote for that guy but I do watch all the other shows and although all deserve an emmy I must say Andre Braugher is my favorite and I can’t believe MEN OF A CERTAIN AGE has been CANCELLED!!!!!
    Walter Coggins would be my 2nd choice or tie.Justified is a pretty cool show too. I’m surprised it hasn’t been cancelled.Goo
    d shows seem to go bye bye.

Comment by DeAnn Lear – August 28, 2011 08:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My vote………………………………………Andre Braugher Final lines of a letter from Mike Royce and Ray Romano………….
    Because really that’s our biggest hope: if you are a fan, turn other people on to it. We want it to live on. Hey, for better or for worse, the ratings tell us there are plenty of people out there who haven’t seen “Men of a Certain Age.” We hope they check it out.

Thanks, and see you on the hill.

—Mike Royce & Ray Romano

WHY!? …..Why do they want it to live on? What is the point? DEAD IS DEAD!!!! I will not watch re-runs, and to the best of my ability, I WILL NOT SPEND MY MONEY ON ANY PRODUCTS THAT SPONSORED THE SHOW! This from a consumer in his ninth year of boycotting Wal-Mart!

Comment by Larry R. Thompson – August 28, 2011 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andre Braugher is a brilliant actor … period. It’s a shame he has never received true recognition.

Comment by joe of a certain age – August 28, 2011 10:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andre Braugher. ‘Nuff said.

Comment by Sharon – August 29, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andre Braugher. Hands down. Men Of A Certain Age rules! TNT…shame on you.

Comment by John – August 30, 2011 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andre Braugher is a talent beyond compare. He is wonderful in MOACA!! Deserves the win!

Comment by Denise E – August 31, 2011 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post