Exclusive

Desperate Housewives Scoop: Will The Final Episode Feature a [Spoiler Alert]?

Desperate Housewives may have one more time warp in it before it signs off in May.

The ABC soap — which famously jumped ahead five years at the end of Season 4 — may take a more substantial leap (read: a few decades) in the series finale.

“That has been discussed,” confirms showrunner Bob Daily. “Viewers have spent eight years’ worth of Sundays on Wisteria Lane, and we feel like that street is a character on the show. And whether the women [still live there] or not, we want to give some kind of sense of what will be happening on Wisteria Lane in the future…  and leave them with the feeling that life goes on.”

Housewives Spoiler: Fresh Intel on This Season’s Big Mystery

One thing the show’s swan song probably won’t feature is the death of one of the core housewives. “We feel very protective of our four main women,” says Daily of the characters played by Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria. “Which is not to say that one of our [other] main, top 10 characters won’t bite it. We have talked about that.”

Housewives‘ eighth and final season premiere son Sunday, Sept. 25 at 9/8c.

1. scooterbeanbag says:

My guess is right after Tom and Lynette reconcile towards the end of the season (it seems obvious that would happen), Tom dies and Lynette is forced to move on with her life. Maybe we see a new husband in a flashforward?

• neen says:

Seriously, is killing off characters the only storyline these people know?

• Jackon says:

Right, because no one *ever* dies in real life, right?

The first season of 24 changed the way tv views its main characters. Any show that guarantees that every character lives til the end of the series, especially a night time soap (which is, essentially, what DH is), robs itself of storyline potential, and lacks drama. If every main character is always safe, then you can never put them in jeopardizing situations, since you know they will always get out of it somehow…yawn, fake tension…..24 showed you how much better it could be when people could die at any minute.

2. Chmarin says:

I bet the final scene will be the four ladies sitting on a porch in Wisteria Lane in slow motion, laughing and drinking red wine while Mary Alice is doing her voice over.

3. Gazzoo says:

….”Mad About You” used this same device

• Steve says:

So did “Will & Grace” and the “Harry Potter” movies and no telling how many others that we are not thinking of. It seems to be a pretty conventional way to wrap up a series.

4. Kyle Andrews says:

They just want to keep everyone alive so that in 20 years, TNT can revive the series and use the “kid” character from the original show as the new core cast while using the current housewives as their supporting cast.

5. Mafalda says:

I like this idea, and I bet one of the characters they’ll kill is Mrs. Mccluskey.

• Eyan says:

But if they fast forward, a few decades or even one, McClusky would have passed by then.

• Ryoichi says:

I think she won’t die in season 8 since Marc Cherry promised her not to kill off her character but after ten or twenty years she will be probably dead.. as well as her husband.

• Rob Weniger says:

Well, it IS the series finale, and Marc Cherry’s an asshole. I wish it was Donnie the Loan Shark who died bc I don’t want Mike to go unavenged. Perhaps Tripp Weston dying, just bc of Bree’s luck. But Mrs. Bender (people should be calling her that, since she’s married to Roy Bender) is probably going to die because Cherry’s a dishonest and rude asshole who loves breaking his promises.

6. shuayb says:

Oohh like the idea of Tom dying…. He never had balls…. I never liked Carlos either. Oh well…
    It’ll prob end with seeing new housewives on the lane. Prob daughters and sons of the main four.

• Neh says:

ughhhh I wanted Tom to be the one to die!! But the killed off Mike, for like NO reason. He’s a do-gooder & a standup hubby and gets shot by a plot device. awful. It would have been good to see Tom shove Lynette out of the way of a car/bullet/runaway dumptruck. . . .whatvever lol.

7. li says:

i would love to see this. I like when we get a good peek into the future. I would love for them to be sitting on a porch, visiting one of the kids or something, or just a yearly reunion that they do in Wisteria Lane just to catch up even though they have all moved on. Friends forever.

8. Rob says:

No, no jumping way into the future. I don’t want to see new housewives. I love the ones who are there NOW, which is why I watch the show. Don’t crap on it in the final scene by showing who’s dead or no longer living there.

• Blondello says:

I agree, I don’t like that fastforwarding. I will really miss these character and I don’t want the housewives to die. Maybe they all go to jail and their kids stay on Wisteria Lane to care of their homes.

9. Jeri says:

What “device” did Mad about You use? I never could get into that show. Sitting on the porch drinking? Flashforward to new spouses?

Not sure what I want to happen but no big surprises. I guess just life on the lane goes on would suit me fine.

• Jill says:

Mad About You – did the flashforward of their now adult daughter doing a documentry on her life i.e Jamie & Paul’s (and friends) life from the last episode for the next 20 plus years….

It was cute

10. Jamie says:

I’d love a big time jump. I’m really excited by this season. Last season lost momentum very quickly, it needs to focus on the core four again.

11. steven says:

Did anyone else hear Eva Longoria’s recent comment (regarding DH) on ET or a like show where she said “we’ve signed on for two more years?”

• lipsticksocialism says:

They DID sign on for two more years but it was the network’s decision (if I’m not mistaken) to end the show with season 8. However, had the network decided (or decides) to continue with a season 9, they are all still under contract.

12. Jill says:

What about the old favourite….. “It was all a dream”!

Last scene is a TV being turned off and Mary Alice turning to Zach saying “Did you have to kill me off in the first episode?”

13. Jane says:

I bet they will have Juanita, Celia, Julie and Penny as the next generations housewives

14. brutony says:

Do you know what would be cool? To have MJ and Tom and Lynettes kid do a Columbine on Wisteria Lane and whack all the old bitties! AWESOME!

15. Casey says:

Well since they already had a time jump, I’m hoping they don’t do another. But maybe that’s just me. And also, I’m almost CERTAIN that this is just my opinion, I hope Orson comes back! I love Kyle MacLachlan! <3

16. Rinacres says:

I would love to see something happen where all 4 of the wives die, and they all realize it when they see Mary Alice there to greet them. The time warp could show how all their spouses/kids are getting on without them as they all look on as spirits, including MA, then they turn and hook ghostly arms and all walk off down Wisteria Ln together…fade out.

17. Laila says:

Does anyonw know if Susan Lucci will join the DH cast? She would be a great character for Wisteria Lane.

18. Berenice says:

I just hope it has a good ending (I hate crappy endings!)
    All in all, one things for sure, Desperate Housewives was a good show;)
    Definitely gonna miss it!

19. Becky says:

I think they will kill off bree just like with mary alice. Like she said history has a way of repeating itself.

20. Mary says:

I definetly think they should try to stay for another season. this show is AWESOME. I think they will kill off Renee or Tom. Sadly I am really going to miss this show.

21. r says:

I hope they leave nothing unanswered, if another leap does that it’s fine with me. The writing has been hit or miss. I hope they do “catch up” movies like Sex and the City does.

22. Dave says:

I would not be surprised if the 4 ladies end up in jail much like Seinfeld and Carlos off’s himself that takes care of those involved in the crime.

23. Corey says:

I think they should end the show the way it started, except with Mary Alice never killing herself and the whole series being a vision of the chain reaction her suicide causes.

24. Matthew horne says:

I think desperate housewives will leave with a bang!. But I don t think they will be a happy ending..its a dark comedy nothing ends nicely in a dark comedy. So yh sorry to disappointed you all but you’ve all wasted eight years watching silly people on tv making funny jokes in houses..dealing with unrealistic storyplots x

25. Brianne says:

Why hasn’t desperate housewives been on since 12-4-11

26. Bruce B says:

DIdn’t they already use that on AbFab?

27. Frankie says:

Mrs mclusky gets a machine gun and kills mike (who isn’t dead and is reunited with Susan in part 1 of the finale. She also kills the three pregnant women, Jayne l, who says to Tom and lynette that she is pregnant, Julie and someone else who I can’t remember. A lot of people die and in the last few minutes, it’s Mary Alice and anyone who has died and been bad coming around her. She explains how she has been in hell.

• Steve says:

Yeah, great suggestion. Thank you for your time.

• Ami says:

Actually, this isn’t the first place I’ve read this outlandish prediction.
      It would be totally insane, but who knows?!

• Rob says:

Steve, this was listed as a major plot point on the main Desperate Housewives spoiler page (that is usually always correct). Perhaps Frankie should have made this clear. Maybe think next time before shrugging off someone’s comment.

28. gigi says:

I will miss my many years of dh..at this point..no ending is s a good ending

29. gigi says:

I will miss dh,,,no ending is A good ending

30. Anna says:

My faver show I love it

31. Josie says:

I reckon that all the Housewives will end up alone… Bree is already single Gabby looks like shes losing Carlos because hes changed/he might go to jail, Lynette is single and Susan is single too. It will go from being Desperate Housewives to the complete opposite what do you think about this theory?

• lesley tudor says:

i think they all might go to jail because they helped cover the murder i will miss them dearly please bring it back

• Sam says:

That’s what i was thinking too! Especially when Gaby and Carlos kept arguing towards the end