Fall TV Preview

Bones Scoop: Ben Savage Hits the Jackpot

Boy meets Bones!

Ben Savage of Boy Meets World fame has booked a guest spot on Bones, TVLine has confirmed.

The former child star will play a former shipping store employee who gets mixed up in a whole, um, lotto drama. “[He's a] murder suspect who is married to another suspect who has bought a lottery ticket with another two suspects,” reveals executive producer Stephen Nathan, before adding with a chuckle, “Who done it?”

Bones Scoop: Booth Teams Up With Sweets!

Savage broke the news Wednesday afternoon on Twitter. “First day on the set of Bones,” he announced. “Great show and a very talented cast!”

Bones returns Nov. 3 on Fox. Savage’s episode is slated to air in early December.

Tags: , ,

Comments (30)

• I love Ben Savage…

Comment by Sarah Lagarde – August 24, 2011 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, he looks more and more like his brother as he gets older.

Comment by Don – August 24, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Corey Mathews is that you!!
    Another reason to love Bones; turning out to be one of the best seasons

Comment by Liz – August 24, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 8/7c? So it hasn’t got a big lead-in anymore?

Comment by Jamie – August 24, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It usually doesn’t until Idol starts and they have to move around all the other shows to make it work. I wonder how the X-Factor will affect all the shows’ timeslots this year, though…

Comment by Ryan – August 24, 2011 04:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay Cory!! He and Danielle Fishel *need* to be back on tv, stat!

Comment by Sivat – August 24, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can they get Danielle Fishel as the wife and Rider Strong and Trina McGee as the other two ticket owners/suspects? That would be amazing!

Comment by Travis – August 24, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Danielle Fishel is getting a degree in psychology so unfortunately she’s likely not available.

Comment by Jem – August 24, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Rider Strong was already a suspect in the mummy in the maze episode.

Not, of course, that it means he can’t be one again …

Comment by AL – August 24, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • If the muderer ends up being Mr. Feeny then this episode could end up being television GOLD….lol.

Comment by Tater – August 24, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, my friend and I joke all the time how awesome it would be for Feeny to be a villain.

Comment by Emgee – August 24, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I only accept this scenario if it takes place in a high school in the middle of the night. Always one of my favorite BMW episodes.

JK, I’ll take Ben Savage in any capacity! So excited!

Comment by Bailey – August 24, 2011 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Who?

Comment by Lisa – August 24, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The guy who is in the picture above… DUH!

Comment by lil jo – August 25, 2011 10:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok I live in Fort Wayne Indiana and one of the TV stations bought the fox station and now their not showing Bones or any other fox shows…. It’s bull crap

Comment by Jr wilson – August 24, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You can watch it on hulu.com; it will be one to two weeks old but the same season. ALMOST all the most popular shows can be found there. That’s how we watch it.

Comment by Mrs. Robertson – August 24, 2011 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sounds like an excellent time to pack it all up and move! Just kidding! The only thing about HULU is now it is a monthly charged service. FOX.com allows you to watch online for free, but I believe they have returned to showing online 8 days after it originally airs on cable. Frustrating….I hate it because I end up getting busy and do not have DVR…and then STILL wait longer to see new episodes of one of the few TV shows I actually try to watch.

Comment by Bubbles – August 24, 2011 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hulu is still free. There’s a paid service (Hulu plus) but you can still watch shows for free.unless they changed it since last week.

Comment by Tulip – August 24, 2011 07:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You can watch the shows at letmewatchthis.ch. It is a free webstie and they are normally up in 1 to 2 hrs after it airs.

Comment by Jorash21 – August 24, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by Liz – August 25, 2011 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was wondering if Bones will be picked up by any other of the Fort Wayne ,Indiana tv channels. I t was a favorite show and so was American Idol. The tv stations need to rethink their decision to do away with these shows.

Comment by s.richison – September 23, 2011 06:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Rider Strong has already been on Bones in 2007 “Mummy in the Maze”. But would love to see a BMW reunion and see if Eric (Will Friedle) comes back as “Mr. Plays with Squirrels”. Can’t wait for Bones.

Comment by casey cole – August 24, 2011 03:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sweet!I am so excited about this. Boy Meets World is my all time favorite show. And Bones is one of my favorites that’s on the air right now.

Comment by jenny – August 24, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Corey Matthews! I was so excited when I read this. The ’90s resurgence continues!

Comment by Amy – August 24, 2011 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fox has it available the day after it airs… that’s how I watch when I have other engagements that night.

Comment by julie – August 24, 2011 11:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bones…and I love Ben Savage.
    Childhood nostalgia rides again!

Comment by Xian – August 25, 2011 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aww, I love this! So excited!

Comment by Rachel – August 25, 2011 07:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be great if they named the baby Joy. Bones’ birth name was Joy Keenan.

Comment by Lisa – August 25, 2011 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss bones so much….sigh*

Comment by Amina – August 26, 2011 09:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ben on Bones sounds great to me! It’s just a long wait from today, but I’m looking forward to watching the next season!

Comment by CeriM3 – September 7, 2011 01:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post