Exclusive: Battlestar's Tahmoh Penikett Gets Innocent for TNT

Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse alum Tahmoh Penikett has landed a starring role in the TNT movie Innocent, based on Scott Turow’s book of the same name.

The telefilm — which will kick off TNT’s new Mystery Movie Night series on Nov. 29 — features Penikett as Jim Brand, a hot-headed, tenacious prosecutor after one guy: Bill Pullman’s Judge Rusty Sabich, who has been charged with the murder of his wife. Convinced Rusty did it while others doubt, Brand takes matters into his own hands.

The cast also includes Damages‘ Marcia Gay Harden (as Rusty’s wife), Law & Order: LA‘s Alfred Molina (playing his defense attorney), and The West Wing‘s Richard Schiff.

TNT Schedules Winter Runs for Leverage, Southland and Others, Sets Mystery Movie Slate

If Innocent sounds familiar, it’s probably because the source material is a sequel to Turow’s bestselling debut, Presumed Innocent, which was made into a big-screen feature starring Harrison Ford as Rusty.

1. Carrie says:

Always good news to hear that a sci-fi alum like Tahmoh is still getting cast! Also doesn’t hurt that he is possibly the most beautiful man on the planet. I could barely watch Dollhouse with my boyfriend because I kept drooling. (Although I did get through it, and cried when I realized it had been cancelled…)

2. BSG Fan says:

Has anyone heard of “The Projection Room” television series? check out this link (don’t know if you can access it outside Canada):

It stars Steve Bacic (Big Love, The Gaurd, ER) and looks to be brought to you by the people that made Battlestar Galactica.

It looks very cool…they’re bringing time travel back to television.

3. Elizabeth says:

I know Tahmoh Penikett from Dollhouse and I loved him on that!

4. Brooke says:

I have been waiting for the next bit of casting news for Tahmoh! Thanks, TVLine.

5. Renee says:

I was just thinking about him today! I almost check IMDB to see what he was doing now. Really good timing and a most excellent man!

6. Vanny says:

Good for him!

7. Chief Norma Kassi says:

Hey Tahmoh, how wonderful we are so proud and wish you all the very best and many more.
    We’ll be watching! Fr. Vuntut Gwitchin First Nations.

8. anita says:

I am typically to running a blog and i actually admire your content. The article has really peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your web site and hold checking for brand spanking new information.