Ratings: True Blood, Glee Project Hit Highs

Never underestimate the power of a faux threesome.

Sunday’s True Blood — featuring a much-buzzed-about near-ménage between Eric Sookie and Bill — attracted a series-high 5.5 million viewers. That bests the show’s previous record of 5.44 million viewers set by the penultimate episode of Season 3.

True Blood‘s fourth season wraps on Sept. 11 (and look for a familiar face to make a shocking return during the hour.)

In other ratings news, the finale of The Glee Project on Oxygen drew a best-ever 1.24 million viewers, per tvbythenumbers.com.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: News, Ratings

1. Mark says:

The shows single worst episode ever attracts a record high.

Sigh.

• DUH says:

people who throw around phrases like “worst episode ever” are such drama queens.

• jrs says:

Yea, what DUH said.

• Mark says:

Yes it was worse than any of the Maryann episodes. No, I’m not just talking about the dream sequences.

The acting was subpar, there were contrivances in every scene, they made stupid jumps in plot devices with little to no explanation or character development to earn those jumps, it was poorly paced and a lazy conclusion to an exciting cliffhanger.

It wasn’t only a poor episode by True Blood standards, it was a poor episode by network standards. It was as insipid as it was boring, and none of that could be justified by the shows absurdist nature.

I’ve liked this season so far, but it was a razzie quality episode. One of the worst hours of television I’ve seen in two years.

• Ruby says:

Thirded. Growing really tired of fandom hysteria over every single thing.

• Jeff says:

What embarrassing and ridiculous hyperbole. Really? It was worse than some or the season 2 episodes with Maryann?

Also, it was a great episode. One of my favorites this season.

• Guess says:

I couldn’t agree more, people focussed WAY too much on a dream sequence IMO

• Michael says:

What’s the effing problem here? The poster hated the episode. So what? God forbid someone has an opinion different than yours.

• Guess says:

I guess it must be Twillight trope what improves our ratings, in my experience True Blood posters were never this rude until the 4th season of True Blood was infected with people who went nuts on “the love triangle”. I mean, Sookie broke up with Bill over a year ago, I get that Twillight/The Vampire Diaries can be frustrating at times but, seriously, True Blood is not a “pick up a fight/team wars” kind of show.

• ana muller says:

Couldn’t agree more with Guess’s comment. Enough with the love triangle stupidity, true blood is a badass story driven well written show. It doesn’t need to be selling teenage drama twilight style, there are more exciting things going on than who is between Sookie’s legs.

• Lil Jo says:

Why all the hate on the Glee Project episode Mark?

2. Chmarin says:

The more viewers this show attracts, the worse it gets. I still cannot believe how many people are mesmerized by this piece of junk. The show friggin’ ruled when it came out, and then it became popular, Alan Ball was infected with the God complex and then everything went to hell.

But then again, how can I be surprised when we live in a world infected with Twilight maniacs.

• Michael says:

It’s infected with Twihards and cynical douchebags like yourself who can’t comprehend why someone would like something that you don’t.

• Chmarin says:

Don’t call me a cynical douchebag. Don’t embarrass yourself by being a primitive human being who has to add insults just to make him/herself feel better while hiding behind a nickname in a comments section. Please.

Taste and quality are two different things. The show’s quality has deteriorated in the past few years significantly, it’s blatantly obvious. If you like it, fine. I couldn’t care less. But the fact that this show is getting so much attention while a brilliant gem like Treme didn’t even get a SINGLE Emmy nomination is mind boggling. And absolutely ridiculous.

• Michael says:

I never said that I watched true blood. I just think that someone who thinks he so superior to others because they enjoy something he deems inferior needs to take his enormous head out of his a-hole. Your ego is unwarranted and off-putting.

• Ruby says:

Actually don’t answer my “could you sound any more pretentious” question downthread. Because after reading this I realize the answer is yes, yes you can. A LOT.

• Ruby says:

Oh yeah, it’s all about the popularity of it. Seriously, could you sound any more pretentious?

3. Hlipe says:

I hated this episode of True Blood and I’m quitting it. The only good thing was Alcide and the way Sookie treated him was ridiculous. So, goodbye TB!

• Ruby says:

Buh-bye now. Buh-bye.

• Chmarin says:

Wow, you really are a mentally challenged person, ain’t ya? I mean, who gets so upset over someone’s comment about a friggin’ TV show? (I wanted to write an answer to this comment with “Yeah, I guess you do.” but,…). I mean, my God.

It’s SO obvious people don’t realize the difference between TASTE and QUALITY. And this is why EVERY SINGLE fight breaks out when a movie/TV show is concerned. No, it’s not about my ego (FFS, seriously), it’s not about Twilight fans, it’s not about ridiculous people getting overly emotional over a TV show, it’s about the difference between quality and taste. I simply stated that the show’s quality has decreased since the 1st season and that it’s sad that the show’s popularity has been growing in sync with the decrease in quality. My God, take a chill pill. Or go to the qym.

4. Erik says:

You’re mistaken. The “Tenacity” had the most viewers of any Glee Project episode having almost 1.3 million viewers.

5. Shar says:

I kinda agree TB is getting horrible..slowly but surely,its true.

6. Whitty says:

I really liked the episode. So what if there is a love triangle, that is just one plot of the many plots happening at once. Looking beyond that there is a pretty awesome vampire/witch war going on, alcide proving that he is an even more badass werewolf, and some werewolf on shifter violence. All of this makes for an exciting season, great episode!

7. Guess says:

Personally, I thought it was a great execution of dark comedy with the Nan plot, a terrific twist on the witch wars with Jesus and Lafayette figurig out a way to get rid of Antonia (see the creole woman and Mikey’s plot) and a new and intriguing angle on the werewolves/shapeshifters/skinwalkers plot with Tommy, Alcide and Marcus.

• sommelier says:

I COMPLETELY agree! I guess I’m wondering why everyone is so freaked out about Sookie’s triage dream which (by the way) placed her in charge of two vampires who seem determined to undermine each other in an effort to make her “theirs”. One outwardly and the other unconsciously. Do I think she’s worth all the attention? No so much. But that’s my own opinion, and I’m more interested in Lafayette and his new powers and Fiona Shaw’s outstanding performance making us witch haters…

8. Nahuel says:

The thing is that the more TB goes on, the more storylines it has and people have to THINK more. That’s the trendy things these days. Just watch mere images without thinking if this is related to that… or how a character develops or anything like it. If someone doesn’t like the story or twists related to the writing I’m fine. But the majority of the comments in many places demonstrate that what people just don’t want to think. And this show is not the one for it because everything is intertwined. U can watch Jersey Shore to avoid thinking or many other shows (most of them).