Fall TV Preview

Hot Video: Fringe's Olivia Has a Strange Feeling

Four weeks from this Friday — gosh, that’s a long while — Fox’s Fringe will (presumably) start unraveling the mystery of Peter Bishop’s ceasing to exist, aka the bombshell dropped in the closing seconds of Season 3. But perhaps the Internet has now coughed up a first little clue?

Joshua Jackson Cheers Fringe‘s Vanishing Act – and How It Will Save the Peter/Olivia Romance

Throughout the endless summer hiatus, we’ve gotten teaser videos that recycled old scenes seemingly hinting at new themes, and heard a lot of the cast talking cryptically and circuitously about how it’s going to be when Sept. 23 rolls around.

But with the fourth teaser clip for Season 4, we start to make some headway, when Olivia expresses an odd feeling she’s been having — and for a while.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on Fringe‘s Feuding Walters, and More!

Press PLAY below and then scream (as we did) for Fringe‘s new season to get here. P.S.Who do we think Olivia is talking to there in the lab, because the jawline sure as heck isn’t Walter’s. Maybe our Lincoln Lee…? Hit comments with your guesses!

1. sweetiepie1019 says:

All summer long, though I’ve certainly been a little nervous, I’ve said I trusted the Fringe writers to do this plot twist right. Looks like my faith is being rewarded … awesome promo, excellent scene, and just looks like they’re going to handle this the right way.

2. Adrienne says:

A MONTH?!?! Damn, this is one heck of a tease… Can’t wait for it to start. I have faith in the writers. They haven’t disappointed yet. It just keeps getting better.

3. BonesFringe says:

FINALLY, some new footage! I just really really hope that Peter and Olivia can be together again like before!

4. Shar says:

5. Tristan says:

LOVING this. Season 4 can’t get here soon enough.

6. Dessy says:

I squealed like crazy when I saw this!

7. Mr. L says:

It’s probably Seth Gabel.

8. Eden says:

I’ve been staying away from all things Fringe online all summer,glad I did because I finally caught up yesterday. All I can say is wowwwww,I will give this show an hour of my life every fridays from now on because its awesome and I’m hooked.

9. Tami M says:

What if the guy is Oliva’s partner from the first season? I mean, if Peter wasn’t there, and Walter didn’t cross over to steal him, then people who were dead might be alive now because events connected to Peter would have changed course…right?

• Irishgirl says:

I don’t know. I imagine we’d have heard of Mark Valley returning to Fringe for even one episode. (especially since he’s Anna Torv’s estranged husband) I mean, anything’s possible on Fringe, but I don’t see why they’d bother going down the path of resurrecting Olivia’s old boyfriend if the eventual goal is to reunite her with Peter.

10. Austen says:

Fringe was the first thing that popped into my head after the VA earthquake. Is the other side coming through? Perfect day for Fringe news.

11. Matt says:

Why do they torture us so?

12. Andrea says:

The Fringe promos have been so good this summer. I was a little letdown after the season three finale, but now I can’t wait for the premiere to get here.

13. br says:

If that’s Fauxlivia talking about Henry’s absence, I will laugh forever.

14. meme says:

People, can’t you tell — its a Watcher (sorry, Observer as they would not want to be sued by Marvel Comics for calling them Watchers)

15. starg8fans says:

He looks a bit tall to be Seth Gable – my guess is it’s Broyles.

16. donna says:

I think it’s Walter’s psychologist or someone from St Clares

• Irishgirl says:

I thought about that…..that maybe it’s someone we haven’t met. It would make sense that she’s talking to a psychologist about emptiness or loneliness. It would be really cool if it was Peter. You know, he comes to see Walter, and Olivia shows up. So he approaches her to see if she will have any recollection of him, and in the conversation she makes this profound statement about the hole in her life, which is of course him. Looking at the background, it looks like she’s standing in Walter’s lab though.

17. guest says:

Olivia making an observation so true for everyone, could be sharing thoughts with someone, an Observer probably, or could be talking about Walter with a doctor, since Olivia is taking care of Walter now, or may be it has somethig to do with the X-man who will kill her??

Anna Torv manages in these few seconds to show us a different Olivia, an Olivia self-assured, confident, strong and dealing with life how it is, like the Olivia in the pilot and the one at the end of LSD, eating toast knowing there is an X-man that will kill her, and the Olivia in 2026.
    Beautiful, brilliant acting of Anna Torv.

18. Bob says:

Who’s she kidding? She would just love to not have Joshua Jackson around for the entire season. Then she’d be the star all on her own, which is exactly what she wants.

19. quincy says:

she’s definitely talking to the observer. no question about that.

20. billk says:

The cliffhanger just leaves me with so many questions and every repeat I see makes me have a few more. The biggies are “Does Peter never existing mean both Peters, even though one has been dead a long time?” “If there was no Peter for Walter to cross over for, what was the catalyst for the first crossover that has caused the pattern?” “Is Sam aware of Peter no longer existing like the Observers are?” “Since without Peter the crossover incursion which resulted in the loss of William Bell would have had no purpose, can Bell still be alive?”

21. Coeur says:

@Bob and @Twneer grow up losers,you guys don’t even know Anna Torv or none of the actors for that matter.

22. Carey says:

The chin belongs to Phillip Broyles. I dont understand how there is even a question.

23. Sarah says:

I’m guessing since Seth is a regular now and if Astrid isn’t her partner and since Kirk Acevedo isn’t available…he’ll (our Lincoln Lee) be her partner. I’ve already placed a bet with a friend that she’s talking to our Lincoln Lee. And since he’s her partner, she’s confiding in him that feeling she’s had her whole life, the hole in her existence since Peter technically “didn’t exist” but she still has that perceptive feeling of something’s not quite right because she’s still a Cortexikid, at the very least. Very sad. But I’m incredibly excited for the premiere!

24. J.P. says:

It’s obviously Dr. Sumner whom she’s talking to

25. Max says:

I think it is the observer…

26. Ellen says:

I’d be happy if the Olivia/Peter fauxmance goes away. There’s plenty to this show without that tired drivel. I can’t wait to see Olivia (and her double) do there thing without worrying about romantic entanglements. Peter and Olivia didn’t really have any chemistry anyway. He’s better off as a video.

27. DarkRiku says:

Isn’t she talking to Broyles?

28. Clara says:

No doubt Lincoln Lee,and you all remember White Tulip from season 2 where this guy was making time repeat itself how Olivia felt like something was wrong then too, maybe because of her being treated with Cortexafan its given her the ability to tell that somethings wrong this time too, maybe she will start to see Peter maybe dream of him even or have flashes of memories of him,that would make sense too,cant wait to find out,I’m even getting myself ready by doing my own Fringe Marathon which I am now on the 2nd season and got the 3rd in the mail from Amazon Saturday so I am all set,lol!

29. Mike A says: