Exclusive

Days of Our Lives Exclusive: Law & Order: SVU Vet Tamara Tunie to Judge John Black

Law & Order: SVU vet Tamara Tunie will trade in her scalpel for a gavel this fall on NBC’s Days of Our Lives.

TVLine has exclusively learned that the actress has landed a short — but pivotal! — arc on the soap in November, playing Salem’s tough-as-nails judge Weston. Details surrounding Tunie’s guest spot are being kept close to the vest, but we can tell you that she will make a decision that impacts John Black’s (the returning Drake Hogestyn) life in a major, major way.

No stranger to daytime, Tunie made a name for herself playing attorney Jessica Griffin on the late CBS sudser As the World Turns.

1. Stacy says:

So will she still be on SVU?

• Ashley says:

Well, it’s been confirmed that she’s in the season premiere and the exec producer said he’d like to have her on SVU as much as possible so I’m guessing she just won’t be in every episode, but I’m sure she’ll still appear regularly. After all, she is in the opening credits.

• toby says:

“Tunie — who will still regularly appear on SVU — makes her Days debut on Friday, Nov. 18.” Last line of the article.

• Heather says:

Tunie used to be on “As the world turns” before SVU. Alex, is returning to Law and order SVU.

• Dona Marshalek says:

Show needs some polish and added depth. Writing has been lacking some punch lately. This actress will give a boost coupled with return of the Marlina and John return.

• ellen obrien says:

YEAH!!!!…Looking forward to the return of John and Marlena…Stopped watching DOOL for 3 years and caught up in a Day!!!!…Miss seeing the older actors….the new Teen characters should have their own show…..

• regina says:

I hope she remains on svu but if not I wish her best wishes on her new career. keep u the good work Dr. Warern

• Tania says:

Someone needs to strengthen her reading skills.

• Dennis Pauly says:

Good for her. She and Mariska will be the only reason to watch now that Chris Meloni has departed. I imagine this is the last season for it anyhow. I met Ms Tunie outside a theater and talked with her briefly and she was so very nice. And even more gorgeous in person.

2. Sivat says:

Yes! Glad to hear casting spoilers that involve John!! :D

3. Philip says:

Interesting as Days tapes in LA and SVU tapes in NYC, so she must take alittle hiatus pretty soon.

• Eric Payne says:

If she’s not appearing side-by-side with another “Days” character, her scenes can always be shot in NY and edited in to the finished scene.

4. Jeffrey Kagan-McCann says:

She is a great actress. And for Trivia buffs she held three acting jobs at once: As you know she played Jessica on ATWT (Daytime), of course her role on SVU (Primetime) and she was in Julius Ceasar with Denzel Washington on Broadway. Wow!

5. Mlynne says:

Remind me what John did before they left the show that he would be getting arrested for? Im drawing a blank….

6. JC says:

It is a short term stint, probably only a couple of episodes.

7. sheila says:

I thought Days was going off the air…

8. Violetta says:

Nope DOOL is here to stay

9. Violetta says:

What is with the flash backs on DOOL? I know that some of the people are returning to DOOL but as different people.

• Judi says:

Didn’t Taylor play a different role on Days several years ago? Someone who was obsessed with John?

• sheryl says:

yes she played a mobster and was nuts for patch when he was married to alice it was a long and drawn out series to the plot

• drae says:

yea she played a girl named Ava and was a woman named Carly on General Hospital or One life to live(who cares I watch DOOL)

10. Melissa Osboorne cook says:

I Will miss her if she’s not on svu cause I don’t. Watch. Soaps

11. Brenda says:

Congratulations Tamara.. I wish u all the best. Will miss u dearly on s.u.v., watch the show faithly.love it. Please don’t go away for to long lol.

12. Karmen Gonzalez says:

OHHHHH Grand She is great actrees congratulaciones .a like

13. Dianne says:

Maybe John will turn out to be the rapist attacking the hookers.

14. Chris says:

Nope, the attacker is Gus. Shocking right?

15. Joe says:

Days tapes 3 months in advance. I’m not sure on SVU, but I imagine they have more time built in for post production and editing. That means that she could easily fly to LA to do all her scenes in a week or two(or less if they shoot with extended hours) and still be back to New York. Maybe she won’t be following the detectives around during the entire episode (I like those), but she can still be present. Her scenes could be taped together, too, as it saves both series money.

16. Deb says:

I am thinking the attacker might be the DA- he does have a reason to have a grudge against hookers

17. sandra freemount says:

Tamara tunie is the girl no matter what no one says she is beautiful and i love her style she is an awesome actress no matter what show she is starring on but; I just love her on Law& Order SVU because it is my favorite show period so if she goes to another show i will still watch her on Law & Order. Keep up the good works Tamara Tunie.