Exclusive

Castle Scoop: Killing Actress Kristin Lehman to Come Between Castle and Beckett?

Getting a bullet in the chest may be the least of Beckett’s problems on Castle this season.

TVLine has learned that Kristin Lehman — a.k.a. Billy Campbell’s right-hand woman on AMC’s The Killing — has been cast as a potentially recurring love interest for Nathan Fillion’s titular sleuth.

Lehman’s character, whose arrival was first teased in last week’s Ask Ausiello, is described as a “gorgeous, sexy, sophisticated art insurance investigator” who takes an immediate liking to Castle (but who is also harboring a surprising past).

As many of you have pointed out below, the casting reunites Fillion and Lehman for the first time since their brief test Drive on Fox four years ago.

Castle‘s fourth season launches Sept. 19 at 10/9c on ABC.

Thoughts? Do you view the new girl in Cas’ life as a serious threat? Hit the comments!

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Exclusive, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Jillian says:

This actually reminds of Catherine Bryer in season 5 of Bones.

2. sarah says:

oh man. first hannah, now this. sucks.

3. betty edwards says:

Season 4 will be just like Season 3,no gelling of Castle/Beckett. Marlow you are an emotional assassin.Castle/Beckett story to be told,there is a fire burning in their hearts bringing you out the dark to turn your sorrow into treasured gold,Beckett you have his Heart and Soul in your hand but you played it to the beat.Beckett you could of had it all. Castle and Beckett Rolling in the Deep.

4. TVDIVA says:

I give up. It is obvious the producers are never going to let Castle and Beckett be a couple.

5. Kath says:

I like Kristin Lehman as an actress.

But after last season, I am at the end of my rope with the stupid other partners. It killed much of the chemistry between Castle and Beckett already.

If Castle gets a new love interest, I’m done with this show. Just as I am now done with Bones and House.

6. Linda says:

Oh, for heaven’s sake. WHY? I was looking forward to the new season till I heard this news. I could live with them keeping Castle and Beckett apart for a bit longer, but I’m sick to death of these recurring temporary love interests! They add nothing to the romantic tension, and just frustrate most of the viewers, if these comments are representative of us fans (and I think they are).

7. Eli says:

Oh poor Beck! Castle is such a ladie’s man; 2 ex-wives, at least one former girlfriend, numerous liaisons over the years … I think Beck is well aware of this fact … and being reminded of it with that brilliantly shocking love interest is going to 1. piss her off certainly 2. maybe make her realize that she MAYBE cares a little more then she think she does.
    I am very excited about it. In Marlowe I trust, that’s all I’m saying!

8. Angel522 says:

Hmmmm. “gorgeous, sexy, sophisticated art insurance investigator” Kinda like this? They should have cast a redhead… http://www.hotflick.net/pictures/big/999TCA_Rene_Russo_058.html

9. kaitlyn says:

how can the show end with castle saying “kate i love you” and then throw this at us?!?!?!?

10. sunny says:

Really, why you gotta mess up a great show????

11. Stephanie says:

I’m not thrilled with this…and I agree that the writers should be able to employ some other more believable reason at this point WHY Beckett and Castle can’t be together (yet) beyond adding ANOTHER love interest.

12. Foghorn says:

*mega eye roll* Here we go again. And here I was thinking that Castle was gonna be the one show that doesn’t fall into the trap of using the same stereotypical, overused storylines. Why do either of them HAVE to be in a relationship? Why can’t they just continue to try & figure out what’s going on btw them without having gf’s or bf’s?

13. Natalie says:

Is it just me or does she kinda look like Laura Prepon (aka Natalie Rhodes aka “Beckett”) :D ???

14. Jeri says:

She didn’t impress me in The Killing (the entire show was a rip off) so I don’t think she’ll have anything to add to Castle.

15. cb says:

Here we have another bones on our hands. I thought the boss man said he wasn’t going to have his show end up like bones. Ah duh it’s going that way. He just admitted he loved her yet he is going to end up with getting with someone else.

16. Lame says:

As others have stated there is an abundance of credible bumps along the road for this season e.g. PTSD, the shrink,Alexis,Captain Gates, etc. I feel this woman is in response to many complaining that R.C. was doing all the chasing. Call it role reversal, maybe K.B. will show her claws, could be fun.

17. Eve says:

You people need to relax castle has been to serious so far there needs to be a little fun and that’s all this character is doing shes just making things more interesting and fun for everybody after this episode she will be gone and Bekett jelous will be awesome and funny