Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Gossip Girl, 90210, Glee, Sons of Anarchy, Housewives and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Any scoop on Desperate Housewives‘ central mystery this season? Please tell there’s more to it than just the ladies playing cat-and-mouse with the cops over the death of Gabby’s stepfather. —Nadia
Ausiello:
There’s more to it. According to executive producer Bob Daily, “There is a big reveal at the end of the first episode that ties us back into the first season in an interesting way.” Daily confirms that it involves Mary Alice’s suicide but shoots down talk that the character will somehow turn up in the flesh. “She’s dead,” he insists. ” We’re not going to mess with the DNA of the show. We’re going to pay homage to it.”

Question: I need some CSI spoilers, please. —Sharp
Ausiello:
There still seems to be some confusion among fans whether Ted Danson is in fact coming in as a new supervisor, since Catherine was the leader last season. Well, I can confirm that Danson’s D.B. Russell is definitely in charge when the season starts and Catherine is not happy about it. She blames Nick for her demotion because of how he handled the Haskell imbroglio.

Question: I am dying for a hint on the Gossip Girl pregnancy. Do you have anything to share? —Jennifer
Ausiello:
Someone is pregnant and it’s not Dorota. On second thought…

Question: Any chance my favorite Gossip Girl couple, Dan and Serena, will reunite next season? —Derena
Ausiello:
Serena will attempt to get back in Dan’s good graces when she returns from Los Angeles, but — shocker — she has ulterior motives.

Question: Do you have any idea how Glee‘s Sam Evans is going to be written off the show? Witness Protection Program? Eaten by dinosaurs? —Pinsleric
Ausiello:
The answer is C) His family moves out of state… apparently to Indiana!

Question: Will Glee finally introduce Rachel’s gay dads this season? —Justin
Ausiello:
No immediate plans that I know of. However, it appears producers are making good on their promise to give Mike Chang a mom and dad. The show is quietly casting an Asian couple — stylish wife, conservative dad — to potentially recur this season.

Question: Could you give us a hint as to who is going to be the new Dean of Medicine on House? —Máté
Ausiello:
The job will be given to (drumroll, please) one of these seven people. Now for some FRESH House scoop: The opening teaser of the Oct. 10 episode will be unlike anything you’ve seen on House before. Heck, I’ll go so far as to say it’s unlike anything you’ve seen on TV before.

Question: I am begging for some Pretty Little Liars scoop! Please tell me you’ve got something. —Estee
Ausiello:
I’ve got something! In an effort to boost the show’s lagging Dirty Old Men Age 55-90 demo, the midseason finale will feature a jaw-dropping sequence involving hot girls and mud!

Question: I’ve just spent the last week watching every single episode of Chuck. I know what’s been said, but is there anything we can do to help this awesome show reach 100 episodes? —Nicole
Ausiello:
Find a Nielsen box, hook it up to your television, watch the show live when it returns on Oct. 21. Rinse, repeat, urge others to do same.

Question: Sons of Anarchy spoilers, please. Specifically anything on Jax and Tara. —Brittany
Ausiello:
One of my favorite Jax/Tara scenes ever takes place in the Sept. 6 premiere. Nothing flashy. It’s just the two of them lying in bed post-coitus talking about their future. Speaking of which, look for Tara to make a surprising announcement in Episode 2.

Question: Can I get a tidbit, great or small, involving Sons of Anarchy? Specifically anything to do with Jax’s continued rivalry with Clay. —Reshef
Ausiello:
Actually, the two of them are on pretty good terms in the first three episodes. They actually make a pact to [spoiler] in exchange for [spoiler]. In other news, look for the tension to get ratcheted up between Gemma and Tara when the former suspects the latter of being a little too up-to-speed on Teller family history.

Question: Ask Ausiello is the highlight of my week. But I have a bone to pick with you. For the love of God, give me some dirt on the most under-appreciated series on TV, Sons of Anarchy! —Paige
Ausiello:
The body count in the premiere is high, even by SOA‘s lofty standards.

Question: I was just wondering if you have anything new to share about 90210? —Kate
Ausiello:
Would you believe me if I told you that a major character becomes a professional escort in Season 4?

Question: Any new scoop on 90210‘s fourth season? —Julius
Ausiello:
Would you believe me if I told you that the major character that becomes a professional escort in Season 4 is Annie?

Question: Are there any plans for Audra McDonald to return to Private Practice this season? —Jarrod
Ausiello:
“Anything’s possible in Shondaland,” muses McDonald’s onscreen BFF Kate Walsh. “The door’s open for her to come back.” If Naomi does find her way back to the West Coast one day, it won’t be to rekindle things with her ex. “We all miss [Audra],” says her onetime leading man Taye Diggs. “But as far as Sam and Naomi are concerned, I feel like we’ve beaten that horse to death.” Agreed.

Question: Do you have any Private Practice scoop on Charlotte and Cooper? Possibly a baby in the future? —Sarah
Ausiello:
It would appear the ball remains in Charlotte’s court on that front. “That’s a constant conflict between them,” reminds Cooper’s portrayer, Paul Adelstein. “Cooper has been gung-ho for children for a long time. Charlotte has always been a little lukewarm on the subject.” Besides, as Adelstein notes, “They want to enjoy married life for a while.” (Ha, good luck with that.)

Question: What’s the latest on the return of Crowley on Supernatural? —Claire
Ausiello:
The latest is his portrayer Mark Sheppard steadfastly refuses to confirm any particulars. “Look at the Season 7 trailer [shown at Comic-Con],” he says. “There’s a shot of me in the trailer, so obviously I must appear somewhere at the beginning of the season, doing something. You never know — maybe I appear for five seconds and get blown up? [Laughs] You never know, man.” As for what Crowley’s take on Castiel’s new godly status might be, he said, “It’s not really a promotion, is it? He managed to consume those souls, so we’ll see what happens as a result. I think Crowley’s in the ‘Better you than me, mate’ camp — if he gets a chance to comment on it!” OK, Cagey McCagerson.

Question: Any word about Criminal Minds exploring Reid’s headaches further this season? —Meredith
Ausiello:
The issue is not addressed in the first batch of episodes. What is addressed early on— by Reid himself — is his past drug abuse.

Question: I know you absolutely hate the show but I’d love some One Tree Hill scoop, please. —Samantha via Facebook
Ausiello:
Is it out there that a major character gets *i**a**** this season? If it is, please don’t hurt me. I don’t have time to read every spoiler that gets posted to the Interwebnet. I just don’t. Between running an empire and dodging earthquakes, my hands are pretty full.

Question: Can you please give me some scoop on Castle?! Thanks in advance. You da man. —Ivy
Ausiello:
The show wasn’t able to get Dan Akroyd to make a cameo in its Ghostbusters-themed Halloween episode. Bummer.

Question: Anything new on the How I Met Your Mother front? —Colin
Ausiello:
There’s buzz that a major castmember will be full-on streaking in an early episode — or as full on as one can on network television. Jason Segel certainly has experience doing the full monty on camera, but, for my money, this has Barney Stinson written all over it.

Question: You gotta help a Canadian girl out! Would love some spoilers for Rookie Blue‘s Sam and Andy. Please… eh? —Christina
Ausiello:
Ben Bass (Sam) offers this cryptic tease re: the Sept. 1 season finale: “Both Sam and Andy get into trouble. What’s going to happen to them in the department is unclear.”

Question: How long will we have to wait for Peter to reappear on Fringe? Please tell me it’s not, like, five episodes in or something. —Dan
Ausiello:
It’s not five, though it’s at least two. Until then, you can be assured that his presence (or lack of?) will definitely be felt.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. Buffy0531 says:

John Barrowman for one of Rachel’s dad. Anyone?

2. Buffy0531 says:

Sorry, One of Rachel’s dads…

3. Caroline says:

Please let Blair be the one pregnant on Gossip Girl! Please! Baby Waldorf Bass needs to happen! Chuck and Blair need to reunite!

4. Jon says:

Its got to be Lem and Phil for Rachel’s dads

5. May says:

I’m seriously happy Sam is gone. Somehow, is like having a male Brittany. About GG, Blair’s the pregnant one. Serena is not having much action, Eleanor is way too old and Dorota wouldn’t use that bathroom. In OTH, my favorite of all, those scoops are just getting more boring. Really? First they bring Tyler Hilton back, and now are finding James Lafferty out? Come on. I have a proposal. We give them the new characters (Erin, Clay, Chase…) and they give back some old ones (Karen, Rachel, Bevin…). And “Escort Annie”? That sounds dumb. The only exciting thing about 90210 is Naomi and Max’s storyline.

6. Danny says:

I vote for Damien to be either a foil for Rachel/Finn or Blaine/Kurt. Both couples are way too annoyingly happy.

7. Emily says:

What’s wrong with you?
    Dan is one of the best character on the show with Chuck and Blair of course.
    And Serena and Nate are both so boring. They make a perfect couple.
    BTW hope it’s Blair who’s pregnant with Chuck’s baby

8. John says:

Can’t wait for House S8 :))) Really I’m glad to hear those news :)))

9. br says:

About Fringe: “It’s not five”. I hope it’s not 10 or something.

10. NYR says:

Wow. Chair is over, no Derena, this screams DAIR. I’m in love with you writers :) The Apartment, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Ted Harding, When Harry Met Sally, here we come!

11. milena says:

Serena will try to get back in Dan’s good graces? are you kidding? Then how will Dan try and get into everyones good graces? I don’t understand this shows obsession with this Dan character trying to pass him as someone flawless who people constantly have to apologise. They even made Nate apologise when Dan kissed Nate’s girlfriend. I am so sick of this Dan character the show constantly protecting him. I AM BORED!

I hope the pregnant one is Blair with Baby Bass.I am excited for Baby Bass.

12. Donna says:

Joshua Jackson is back on Fringe set already, he was just filming something for the 4th episode.

13. Hanna says:

No Bones spoilers? :(

14. Paula says:

Who would pay to be with Annie? She is the ugliest of all the girls in 90210. No way she could be a professional escort

15. Lukas says:

Who is the babe to the left of Chord Overstreet in the pic above?

16. Mandy says:

Happy to hear Criminal Minds will be jumping back into the subject of Reid’s addiction. He is beyond my favorite character and I like when they show more of his vulnerable side. Can’t wait to learn about the mysterious headaches… thought it was going to be cancer or something, but apparently not. I was really unsure of where they were going with this.

• Ann says:

I am also very happy to learn that CM is returning to the subject of Reid’s addition! I was never satisfied with the way the storyline arc was handled–having no reason resolution or having anybody address the fact that Reid had a problem. Even though it was implied in episodes like Elephant’s Memory when Reid attended a support group meeting, there just seemed to be so much left hanging. I’m super excited about this development and hope that we’ll finally learn more about where Reid is at with this! Did he go back to using when he though Prentiss died? If so, no wonder he is so upset if the others actions led to his having a setback–even though he would have to take responsibility for his own actions overall. Still…this could be huge if he suffered a setback as a result of the lie!

I really hope the issue of the headaches is addressed as well as was promised. I love Reid, he’s my favorite character, and I also like it when they should more of his vulnerable side. It’s okay to go there as long as Reid stays on the show and MGG is frontburner!

I can’t wait for the new season to start!

17. Kristen says:

Blair will be the one who had the positive pregnancy test, it’ll be the way the prince finds out about her and Chuck, and then she’ll end up losing the baby or something.
    Serena and Dan are annoying, please put her back with Nate.
    Annie an escort!? I’m guessing that means she doesn’t get the money from the will. I only want to know if her and Liam are going to make it, b/c I love them together.

18. Sophie says:

Thanks for the Castle and Criminal Minds scoopage, Mike. Got anything on Tiva this season, yet? :)

19. emily says:

in gossip girl will blair get back together with chuck in season 5

20. Please tell me! Who’s gonna to be “awkwardly naked” in an upcoming episode of Desperate Housewives?!

21. blairwaldorfrules says:

I can’t stand Serena, don’t much care about Dan or Nate. So if GG could push their storyline into the background and just focus on Blair and Chuck that’d be great. Serena is so incredibly self-centred and just plain boring – her lazy voice makes it sound like even she’s disinterested in what she’s saying. That said, I quite like Blake Lively, just not her character.

22. Kristin says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE Sons of Anarchy! I have not yet met one person who watches it, but with the acting and the writing – this show is one of the best on tv.

23. Gina says:

I’m glad that they’re talking about Reid’s past with the dilaudid as well, but I was disheartened on the CM fan site on Wetpaint that the question of will Reid and Morgan get closer was gone. So I’ll have to figure it out or watch and see. Unless something comes along through the grapevine.

That will be bugging me also, as will the cause of Reid’s headaches unless the dilaudid ties in with that. We’ll have to see. As long as it’s not schizophrenia or a brain tumor, I can probably deal with any other option.

• Ann says:

I didn’t know about the question concerning Reid and Morgan. I hope the reason it disappeared is not because the answer is no. I really love these two characters together and want to see a great deal more of their friendship/brother type scenes!

I had high hopes that Morgan would be the one to step up and help Reid with his problems whether it be the headaches or a setback with the drug addiction. I think Morgan, more than anybody else, should be the one to step up and be there for him based on their earlier relationship. I really miss those scenes and cheered so hard when they finally got one in the episode “With Friends Like These” in Season Six. Here’s hoping Season Seven returns to the Reid/Morgan relationship in a BIG WAY!

24. Lu says:

Catherine blaming Nick? He should be supervisor! Catherine sometimes gets carried away by her problems and blind her judgement. Nick, on the other hand, is way more mature now and has proven he can handle a situation.

25. andy says:

They could just make season two of glee a dream….

26. HT says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THE SOA SCOOP!! THANK GOD. It seems we get spoilers from any tv spoiler site on SOA every 2 months if we’re lucky!! Keep it up! I ALWAYS hear about 90210 or PLL. Thank you for finally showing the little and under appreciated shows some damn love!!

27. jack says:

i hope it is robin who streaks in himym :D