USA Network Sets Return Dates for Covert Affairs and White Collar

CIA agents Annie and Auggie will swing back into action on Tuesday, Nov. 1, uncorking the final six episodes of Covert Affairs‘ sophomore season, USA Network has announced.

Similarly, Burn Notice — which will air its midseason finale on Sept. 8 — is set to promptly resume its fifth season on Thursday, Nov. 3, with a half-dozen fresh episodes.

Covert Affairs Video Q&A: Piper Perabo and Her Main Men Reveal Too Much

(Now while you’re whooping and cheering, I’ll quietly point out that, per tradition, White Collar will not resume its Season 3 run until January 2012, a rep for the cabler tells me. So hang tight there, Peter.)

Burn Notice Scoop: Jere Burns Lands Major Arc, Charisma Carpenter to Guest Star

While on the topic of USA’s fall scheduling, remember that Psych kicks off its long-, long-awaited, guest star-studded sixth season on Oct. 12, when it airs the first of nine new episodes.

1. Candice says:

Yay!! Now if only we didn’t have to wait nearly a year for Suits to return!!

2. Katie says:

As a fanatic Psych fan, it’s the show’s 6th season. SOOOO excited!!!

3. Kenbud says:

Ummmm. Why is USA dividing up the Covert Affairs season?? Doesn’t make sense to me. Don’t remember them doing this last season….

• Tej says:

They didn’t do it last year because the first season was only 10 episodes, so they just aired them straight from July till September. This year it’s 16 episodes, a normal-sized season for USA, so they’re splitting it up like they do with most of their other shows.

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

That’s because Season 1 was only 11 episodes; they have already aired 10 for Season 2.

4. Deena says:

Damn you USA network! I don’t think I can hold out until January for White Collar. That cliff hanger was off the charts!

• Sean says:

Nice to see I’m not the only one ticked off about the extended delay of the return of “White Collar”! :-) I just hope next season they at least bring it back during the same year.

• Emgee says:

Agreed Deena. I’m still trying to get my grip back on the edge of that cliff they pushed us over.

• iellalein says:

you still hanging? I’m in free fall. After a especially cruel Criminal Minds cliff I swore this would never happen to me again…but now it did! And this is longer than the torture chamber of summer!

5. Lynnette says:

Only 6 episodes:-( I want more!

6. Cass says:

I don’t think there’s a single USA Network original series that I don’t watch, and I looove most of them. Great characters, good writing, interesting direction, and highly entertaining. So glad October is just around the corner now, because I need my PSYCH fix!

• David says:

I’m with you I totally love their original shows! I love Covert Affairs and Suits WoW! (I don’t watch Psych but I know it’s good).

• Templar says:

I love most of USA’s original shows, but I’m over Burn Notice and never took to Royal Pains.

7. Kerry says:

We wait a year or so for Psych to return with season 6 only for 9 episodes? Please tell me there is more than that for waiting that long and that this isn’t a sign that Psych is about to wrap up the show.

• Steph says:

It’s most likely going to air for 9 episodes, have a midseason finale and then come back in 2012 with the rest of the season. It’s how all of USA’s shows work, unfortunately. Take White Collar and Covert Affairs – they both aired 10 episodes and are now on hiatus until they come back for the rest of the season.

• Lisa says:

They screwed over Psych by picking up Alphas and pushing Psych back to fall. Alphas sucks!

• Alex says:

Alphas is on Syfy, not USA. USA already had a crowded summer scheduele, and wanted to launch Suits and Necessary Roughness. I don’t know why Covert Affairs is returning in November and White Collar not until January, but they could want to use it to launch a new show. I expect that “Common Law” show they picked up will surface either in November or January.
        Being a fan of White Collar, I never understood why their midseason breaks are usually longer than their season breaks, but I guess that’s just how it goes.
        Will Royal Pains most likely be returning in January as well?
        The Psych schedueling was rather unfortunately timed, I doubt they would have used the “all in one year” model last year had they known fans would have to wait the better part of a year for the next season.

• Lisa says:

NBC Universal own USA and Syfy.

8. KDW says:

What is happening with Fairly Legal? I haven’t seen anything about that show. I heard it was renewed, but I have no idea when it is supposed to be coming back.

• Ellsworth says:

I think they’re revamping/reworking the show.

• Austen says:

I think this show is extremely underrated. It has such a great atmosphere to it, in fact I think it’s better than Suits and Necessary Roughness.

• Emgee says:

I liked “Fairly Legal” at first, but I sort of lost interest in it the last few episodes. I felt it lost some of the punch it had in the early episodes. I like “Suits” a lot better.

But, Ellsworth is right. They are doing some creative reworking of the show.

9. AK says:

Uggghhh! I hate the idea of having to wait until January for new episodes of “White Collar” almost as much as I hate having to wait until next summer for new episodes of “Suits”. At least there’ll be some “Psych” to tide viewers over…

10. Emgee says:

When will “White Collar” get its 4th Season renewal?

11. Cheryl says:

What about Fairly Legal?

12. fernando says:

When will Fairly Legal return?

13. Ram510 says:

So how many episodes is Psych this Fall. It says it’s airing the first of nine episodes, is that 9 all at once or 9 split up?

• Don J says:

I believe it’s 9 of 16 episodes for Psych, unless USA made an episode cut, which I am unaware of.

Fairly Legal should return in early 2012. If you want updates on Fairly Legal, check out Sarah Shahi’s facebook page.

14. Rachael says:

I’m still having withdraws from in plain sight.

15. CJ says:

Darn – from the headline I was hoping there was an actual DATE for White Collar’s return! It would make it SLIGHTLY easier to wait if there was a definitive return day.

16. EdTV says:

In this story you mention when Burn Notice will air its summer finale, is there anywhere I can find a list of when the other USA shows will wrap for summer, SyFy and TNT shows too?

17. Sarah says:

Any way you can send in a hint for the Covert Affairs people to actually start hanging the U.S. flag correctly on their show if they are going to keep saying that they are people working for the C.I.A?

18. Emgee says:

When will “White Collar” get its 4th season pickup?

19. joan spellacy says:

I love white collar, burn notice, covert affairs, unnecessary roughness, all the USA and TNT shows. You should put them on like the other networks like good wife etc. Your programs are smart and excellent entertainment. Hang in there. Thank you

20. Kris says:

Okay i’m totally obsessed with White Collar!! ( Neil Caffery is SOO CUTE!!)But i remember it being the same time with Covert Affairs and now i have to wait another 6 months? NO FAIR USA!! Also love Psych! My parents say its childish but i’m like “You just dont understand humor!” Im ALSO in love with Royal Pains, Covert Affairs White Collar Psych and..What else? Burn Notice is AMAZING! I wish i was Fiona :P And i love NCIS and NCIS LA but im not sure thats on USA, But ya…I LOVE YOU USA!!

21. Patty says:

I really miss “White Collar”, it is smart and enticing. Love both men equally. Can’t wait til it starts up. I also enjoy “Covert Affairs.”
    You have some great programming USA. Thanks!

22. kathie says:

keep covert affairs and burn notice on and the others shows

23. ann says:

i love burn notice psych white collar covert affairs i just wish they didnt take breaks.