USA Network Sets Return Dates for Covert Affairs and White Collar

Get More: News, Premieres

CIA agents Annie and Auggie will swing back into action on Tuesday, Nov. 1, uncorking the final six episodes of Covert Affairs‘ sophomore season, USA Network has announced.

Similarly, Burn Notice — which will air its midseason finale on Sept. 8 — is set to promptly resume its fifth season on Thursday, Nov. 3, with a half-dozen fresh episodes.

Covert Affairs Video Q&A: Piper Perabo and Her Main Men Reveal Too Much

(Now while you’re whooping and cheering, I’ll quietly point out that, per tradition, White Collar will not resume its Season 3 run until January 2012, a rep for the cabler tells me. So hang tight there, Peter.)

Burn Notice Scoop: Jere Burns Lands Major Arc, Charisma Carpenter to Guest Star

While on the topic of USA’s fall scheduling, remember that Psych kicks off its long-, long-awaited, guest star-studded sixth season on Oct. 12, when it airs the first of nine new episodes.

Comments (42)

• Yay!! Now if only we didn’t have to wait nearly a year for Suits to return!!

Comment by Candice – August 22, 2011 02:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wasn’t sure SUITS got a pick-up–so knowing it did makes my day, even if I share the wish that it was not so long returning!

Comment by Kathy Bergeron – August 22, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As a fanatic Psych fan, it’s the show’s 6th season. SOOOO excited!!!

Comment by Katie – August 22, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ummmm. Why is USA dividing up the Covert Affairs season?? Doesn’t make sense to me. Don’t remember them doing this last season….

Comment by Kenbud – August 22, 2011 02:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They didn’t do it last year because the first season was only 10 episodes, so they just aired them straight from July till September. This year it’s 16 episodes, a normal-sized season for USA, so they’re splitting it up like they do with most of their other shows.

Comment by Tej – August 22, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s because Season 1 was only 11 episodes; they have already aired 10 for Season 2.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 22, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Damn you USA network! I don’t think I can hold out until January for White Collar. That cliff hanger was off the charts!

Comment by Deena – August 22, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nice to see I’m not the only one ticked off about the extended delay of the return of “White Collar”! :-) I just hope next season they at least bring it back during the same year.

Comment by Sean – August 22, 2011 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed Deena. I’m still trying to get my grip back on the edge of that cliff they pushed us over.

Comment by Emgee – August 22, 2011 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • you still hanging? I’m in free fall. After a especially cruel Criminal Minds cliff I swore this would never happen to me again…but now it did! And this is longer than the torture chamber of summer!

Comment by iellalein – September 3, 2011 11:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Only 6 episodes:-( I want more!

Comment by Lynnette – August 22, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think there’s a single USA Network original series that I don’t watch, and I looove most of them. Great characters, good writing, interesting direction, and highly entertaining. So glad October is just around the corner now, because I need my PSYCH fix!

Comment by Cass – August 22, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m with you I totally love their original shows! I love Covert Affairs and Suits WoW! (I don’t watch Psych but I know it’s good).

Comment by David – August 22, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love most of USA’s original shows, but I’m over Burn Notice and never took to Royal Pains.

Comment by Templar – August 22, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We wait a year or so for Psych to return with season 6 only for 9 episodes? Please tell me there is more than that for waiting that long and that this isn’t a sign that Psych is about to wrap up the show.

Comment by Kerry – August 22, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s most likely going to air for 9 episodes, have a midseason finale and then come back in 2012 with the rest of the season. It’s how all of USA’s shows work, unfortunately. Take White Collar and Covert Affairs – they both aired 10 episodes and are now on hiatus until they come back for the rest of the season.

Comment by Steph – August 22, 2011 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They screwed over Psych by picking up Alphas and pushing Psych back to fall. Alphas sucks!

Comment by Lisa – August 22, 2011 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Alphas is on Syfy, not USA. USA already had a crowded summer scheduele, and wanted to launch Suits and Necessary Roughness. I don’t know why Covert Affairs is returning in November and White Collar not until January, but they could want to use it to launch a new show. I expect that “Common Law” show they picked up will surface either in November or January.
        Being a fan of White Collar, I never understood why their midseason breaks are usually longer than their season breaks, but I guess that’s just how it goes.
        Will Royal Pains most likely be returning in January as well?
        The Psych schedueling was rather unfortunately timed, I doubt they would have used the “all in one year” model last year had they known fans would have to wait the better part of a year for the next season.

Comment by Alex – August 22, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • NBC Universal own USA and Syfy.

Comment by Lisa – August 22, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is happening with Fairly Legal? I haven’t seen anything about that show. I heard it was renewed, but I have no idea when it is supposed to be coming back.

Comment by KDW – August 22, 2011 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think they’re revamping/reworking the show.

Comment by Ellsworth – August 22, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think this show is extremely underrated. It has such a great atmosphere to it, in fact I think it’s better than Suits and Necessary Roughness.

Comment by Austen – August 22, 2011 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I liked “Fairly Legal” at first, but I sort of lost interest in it the last few episodes. I felt it lost some of the punch it had in the early episodes. I like “Suits” a lot better.

But, Ellsworth is right. They are doing some creative reworking of the show.

Comment by Emgee – August 22, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uggghhh! I hate the idea of having to wait until January for new episodes of “White Collar” almost as much as I hate having to wait until next summer for new episodes of “Suits”. At least there’ll be some “Psych” to tide viewers over…

Comment by AK – August 22, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will “White Collar” get its 4th Season renewal?

Comment by Emgee – August 22, 2011 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What about Fairly Legal?

Comment by Cheryl – August 22, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will Fairly Legal return?

Comment by fernando – August 22, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So how many episodes is Psych this Fall. It says it’s airing the first of nine episodes, is that 9 all at once or 9 split up?

Comment by Ram510 – August 22, 2011 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe it’s 9 of 16 episodes for Psych, unless USA made an episode cut, which I am unaware of.

Fairly Legal should return in early 2012. If you want updates on Fairly Legal, check out Sarah Shahi’s facebook page.

Comment by Don J – August 22, 2011 07:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m still having withdraws from in plain sight.

Comment by Rachael – August 22, 2011 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! Only 1 more season left! :’(

Comment by V – August 22, 2011 07:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Darn – from the headline I was hoping there was an actual DATE for White Collar’s return! It would make it SLIGHTLY easier to wait if there was a definitive return day.

Comment by CJ – August 22, 2011 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In this story you mention when Burn Notice will air its summer finale, is there anywhere I can find a list of when the other USA shows will wrap for summer, SyFy and TNT shows too?

Comment by EdTV – August 23, 2011 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Any way you can send in a hint for the Covert Affairs people to actually start hanging the U.S. flag correctly on their show if they are going to keep saying that they are people working for the C.I.A?

Comment by Sarah – August 23, 2011 07:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When will “White Collar” get its 4th season pickup?

Comment by Emgee – August 23, 2011 02:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love white collar, burn notice, covert affairs, unnecessary roughness, all the USA and TNT shows. You should put them on like the other networks like good wife etc. Your programs are smart and excellent entertainment. Hang in there. Thank you

Comment by joan spellacy – August 23, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay i’m totally obsessed with White Collar!! ( Neil Caffery is SOO CUTE!!)But i remember it being the same time with Covert Affairs and now i have to wait another 6 months? NO FAIR USA!! Also love Psych! My parents say its childish but i’m like “You just dont understand humor!” Im ALSO in love with Royal Pains, Covert Affairs White Collar Psych and..What else? Burn Notice is AMAZING! I wish i was Fiona :P And i love NCIS and NCIS LA but im not sure thats on USA, But ya…I LOVE YOU USA!!

Comment by Kris – November 7, 2011 03:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really miss “White Collar”, it is smart and enticing. Love both men equally. Can’t wait til it starts up. I also enjoy “Covert Affairs.”
    You have some great programming USA. Thanks!

Comment by Patty – November 10, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • keep covert affairs and burn notice on and the others shows

Comment by kathie – April 21, 2012 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love burn notice psych white collar covert affairs i just wish they didnt take breaks.

Comment by ann – May 17, 2012 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post