TVLine Items: NCIS Brings Out Its Dead, Shawn Ryan's ABC Pilot, Lucci Not Desperate and More

The 200th episode of NCIS, set to air in early 2012, will feature the return of some familiar (if, gulp, dead) faces.

NCIS Scoop! An Abs-solute Surprise Is Among Season 9′s Many Family Reunions

“We came up with a unique, unexpected story to help us look back on everything prior,” exec producer Gary Glasberg tells TV Guide Magazine. As a result, viewers will get a new glimpse at Gibbs’ murdered wife and daughter, as well as Mike Franks, who was killed in last season’s penultimate episode.

The new season of NCIS premieres Sept. 20 at 8/7c on CBS.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

• ABC is (yet again) denying reports that Susan Lucci is moving to Wisteria Lane. Although the New York Post claims Lucci met with Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, a network rep told E! Online there’s “no truth” to the story. Speaking of La Lucci, check out TV Guide Magazine‘s first look at her and returning guest star Carol Burnett on All My Children.

Desperate Housewives Exclusive: Miguel Ferrer Will School Susan

TV Guide Magazine also has a first look at Ray Romano reuniting with his Everybody Loves Raymond wife Patricia Heaton on ABC’s The Middle. The premise: Romano’s character crashes Frankie and Mike’s honeymoon, in flashback.

• Shaun Majumder (Detroit 1-8-7) has joined NBC’s The Firm in the role of Andrew Palmer. The news comes on the heels of Tricia Helfer landing a recurring role as a senior partner on the midseason series.

Matt’s Inside Line: Scoop on The Middle‘s Season Premiere, and More

• Former Dawson’s Creek resident Meredith Monroe will guest-star on CBS’ Hawaii Five-0 this season, per EW.com.

• Not one to let grass grow under his feet — and maybe sensing that Celebrity Apprentice‘s death knell is near — Donald Trump reportedly has two new shows in works. Per the New York Post, the mogul has teamed up with Bret Michaels for Something To Believe In, a new reality show in which the rocker would travel the country to help people face adversity. Additionally, Trump is developing a fictional drama based on the wealthy and eccentric sorts of New Yorkers who reside in Trump Tower, reports the Post.

• The Shield creator Shawn Ryan and feature writer Karl Gajdusek (Unknown) have landed an in-demand pilot at ABC. Titled Last Resort and set in the near future, it centers on a U.S. military submarine that disregards an order to fire its nuclear missiles, and as a result its crew is hunted, forcing them to flee to a NATO outpost and set up a society as “the world’s smallest nuclear nation,” Deadline reports.

Former Office Boss Steve Carell Is Now Laughing for Showtime

• Showtime has given the greenlight to three new pilots: the first-person documentary comedy Gurland on Gurland, from and starring executive producer Andrew Gurland; the drama Masters of Sex, based on the two people who pioneered the science of human sexuality; and Ray Donovan, a dark family drama about a fixer for Los Angeles’ rich and famous, created by Ann Biderman (Southland).

Game of Thrones cannot be contained. The HBO series has expanded production into Croatia (providing the setting for where Daenerys’ attempts to create an army) and Iceland (to be used as the backdrop for “beyond the wall” scenes with Jon Snow), EW.com reports.

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

1. Tucker says:

Unless they’re bringing back Kate and/or Jenny for a surprise appearance on NCIS, the news on the dead isn’t terribly exciting. I think they’ve more than covered Gibbs’ wife, daughter, and Mike Franks on the show.

• jmk says:

I am with you, Tucker – now an episode with Kate and Jenny would be very interesting.

• Mcat says:

100% agreed.

• Julie says:

Sasha Alexander and Lauren Holly didn’t seem to enjoy their time on the show towards the end, but if I had to bet who would be willing to come back for an episode for the sake of a paycheck it would be Lauren Holly. Sasha currently has Rizzoli & Isles where she gets to be a big fish in a small pond, while having a filming schedule that isn’t as intense. However as the spoiler states it’s just going to be a flashback of Gibbs’ life with Kelly, which was way before Jenny.

• Esther says:

LOL. Lauren Holly has had quite an extensive career. I highly doubt she would be in need of doing it just for a paycheck. But maybe as a nod to her many, many fans who would like to see a more satisfying resolution to Jenny’s story. Too bad NCIS won’t give it to us.

2. Madison says:

I read that Abby is getting a sibling.

3. Diane says:

I’m with Tucker. Would it kill NCIS (pun intended) to give us fans some closure with Jenny’s death? Jibbs fans are still ticked off that we never really got to see Gibbs mourn her loss, but we’ve seen Kate’s death dealt with in two one-hour episodes dedicated to her. Come on, NCIS. Frankly I’m not very excited about this new season. Having Lauren Holly back for a guest stint as ghost or newly created flashbacks would have at least been SOMETHING to look forward to.

4. David G says:

I think they should create a prequel series with Mike Franks as the main character.

5. Alexi says:

Lauren Holly’s portrayal of Director Jenny Shepard created such an iconic character for the series and it’s a shame that legions of Jenny fans will be denied the closure that they have clamored for. At least Kate fans got their closure but Jenny’s fans are still haunted by the violent death as well as seemingly callous dismissal of a life that touched the show deeply.

6. Lauren says:

I couldn’t stand Jenny and I was overjoyed when she died. Sorry. The actress just annoyed me. I’d be way more excited to see Kate again.

7. Dan says:

I agree. JAG, spinoff of NCIS, had an AMAZING 200th episode that was able to incorporate so many of the previous actors that had been on the show before. If they’re going to bring characters back from the dead (for one show), I really think they need to bring back Jenny and Kate. It’s the 200th episode for goodness sakes. Kate left far too early in the show and she deserves one final look (or even a glimpse). Jenny on the other hand, got a brutal end to her that really shouldn’t be the END to her… it’d be nice if she got something else… even if it was an alternate/special 200th special episode.

8. Tara says:

I really want to know what happened with Jenny’s father.

• Diane says:

OMG, Tara — me too! Who killed him? Or was it suicide? But if it was, why the tap on his hand? We really got screwed out of a resolution with that story.

9. Robert says:

I hope Susan Lucci reconsiders and goes to Desperate Housewives! It would be an amazing move and it would be great to see her as a villan on the street. She could play someone who is looking into why Gaby’s stepfather, who Carlos killed to protect Gaby, didn’t return to where he came from. It would make perfect sense to do that. I want to see her play someone who easily clashes with the women of Wisteria Lane!

10. Jeffrey McGraw says:

NCIS look back has to bump into David James Elliot from whence was Harmon Raab thus begot Leroy Jethro Gibbs.

11. Matt says:

NCIS should bring back Jeanne Benoit and let her and Tony restart their relationship on an honest note. Maybe her mother could ask Tony to help when she get into trouble working in Africa.

• Mcat says:

Matt, I thought I was the only one who liked Tony and Jeanne together! I completely agree with you, and would love to see that storyline play out.

12. D says:

“Former Dawson’s Creek resident” Meredeth Monroe, Vlada? So her time on Criminal Minds means what…burnt toast? I can’t believe the fact that she was Hotch’s wife wasn’t important enough to garner a notice. You’d think the fact that she was murdered by The Reaper would’ve stuck with you…or at least with one of your coworkers, had you run this by them.

(You’d also think that I wouldn’t be the first person to catch this. HelLO CM fans!? Are you out there?)

13. Arnia says:

I KNOW!! huuuge CM and NCIS fan! (So glad AJ and Paget are back!) I loved her on CM and it was so sad when she was killed but at least Jack’s ok :) and I agree, Bring back Kate and Jenny even if it is only for one episode (or even 10 mins!) We all love both characters and I personally love both actresses! Would it kill the writers to give them a small spot on the 200th episode or something? I mean seriously! It can’t be that hard! I know we got a bot of Kate during season 8 but honestly it wasn’t enough and there are so many things that they could touch on with both Jenny and Kate. For one Jenny’s death and how Gibbs took it or something! Just bringing back Shannon,Kelly and Mike isn’t that appealing or exciting to me sorry.

14. Vanny says:

NCIS – I wouldn’t mind if they brought back Jonathan LaPaglia’s Agent lol. I liked him, and was sad when Agent Lee killed him.. thought he would have brought some good spice to the show.

15. Andrea says:

Madame Director can stay dead and unseen as far as I’m concerned. She was incompetent and treated NCIS as her own personal asset to carry out her vendetta. I don’t care about her father and am very glad her character was killed off.

16. Tej says:

I just wish NCIS could return to its roots in a different way by returning to the quality it was at up till the end of season 6. These past two years have just been lame season arcs and no dynamic movement. I don’t want to see Mike Franks again, nor do I again want to see Gibbs doing some family activity with Shannon and Kelly and then shooting Herdandez. I wouldn’t mind seeing Jeanne though. Or Ari! I would love to see Ari since Kate isn’t really a possibility.

17. Michael says:

Season 8 has fix so many of NICS issue I mean for a while there it was SUPER PERFECT ZIVA and her sidekicks

They really need to either cut Ziva role down to size or Kill her off

18. Good post. Is extremely good perspective and i want to thank you for intriguing and helpful tips. Thanks!

19. Jill Cho says:

NCIS needs to bring back Meredith Eaton (she was on several seasons ago) She was awesome!