Meet the Survivor: South Pacific Cast! Who Gets Your Early, Superficial Vote?

You don’t have to wait for some enchanted evening to meet the bulk of the Survivor: South Pacific cast. We’ve got your photos and bios right here!

In addition to the 16 folks shown below — including a mortician, a marijuana salesman, a (female) lingerie football player and Survivor vet Russell Hantz’s nephew — CBS will release later this week the names two “former castaways who will return to seek redemption.” (Warning: Someone in the Comments may spoil that reveal.)

What else is there to tell you, hmm…. Well, the tribes will be called Savaii and Upolu (named after the two islands of Samoa), and the Redemption Island twist will again be in play, when South Pacific premieres Wednesday, Sept. 14, at 8/7c, with a 90-minute opener. (A video of the cast introducing themselves can be found here.)

1. Dave says:

Brandon Hantz, from Katy Texas, is that Russel’s son or nephew?

2. renton says:

As reported elsewhere, the returning cast members are Coach and Ozzy.

• Chmarin says:

Wow, it didn’t even take 5 minutes. You just had to spoil it.

I mean, I know who’s returning, but you don’t have to be an idiot and spoil it to everybody else. If people wanna find it, they’ll Google it.

• Paco says:

Really? if that is true than thats kinda disappointing. I mean, I love Ozzy but for some reason, I was expecting the returnees to be previous castmembers that really mastered the social game//manipulations like Boston Rob and Russell had done in the past. Ozzy is good at challenges and thats pretty much it and Coach… is good at… campfire stories.

• Chmarin says:

Well, I’m actually glad it’s not someone who has mastered the social game. I don’t want to see a repeat of last season, because it was the worst season since Fiji. It was absolutely ridiculous.

This type of casting just doesn’t work – adding a few veterans to an original cast. It also completely messed up this year’s Big Brother. The whole season ends up focusing on the returning people, and the new ones just seem like extras. And don’t even get me started on the Redemption Island thing. That’s, no doubt, the single worst twist in Survivor history. It’s even dumber than the medallion of power. The entire game of Survivor loses its foundation – voting people off the tribe. What’s the point of tribal councils, then? And they made it even worse at the end of last season when they didn’t even say who was returning and when, once the blonde Jesus guy came back. It was like, now we’ll have three people and no competition, then we’ll add a fourth and have one sent home, then we’ll add another one, then we’ll bring one back in the game… It was pointless and misleading and it felt rigged.

• Remmez says:

Thank God for not letting Parv, Amanda or Amber return.
          Coach is a likeable lunatic [not half as mad as phillip was] and as for Ozzy, it’s been a long time.. so it’s gotta feel fresh. Bring ‘em on. I say!

• Ted says:

ABSOLUTELY agree – having Rob back last season ruined the show for me. There was no drama, he ran it from beginning to end, and then they tried to make us feel sorry for him (“I’ve been playing this game for 10 years…just want to provide for my family”. WTF? I’ve been a fan from the beginning, and was ready to completely give up on it after last season. I’m tentatively going to give it another shot – but am quite wary. Bringing back original cast members (whether I like them or not) throws the whole basis of the show off.

3. Mandy says:

Alot of people who appear to be very book-smart. Med students, Harvard Law students, morticians. I wonder how they will fare againist the others.
    Ozzy was a master at challenges, if he pairs up with someone smart, like the NYPD detective, he could go far.
    And seriously? Coach again? Enough with this guy!

4. fiona says:

Just for the fact that he’s Hantz nephew, if Upolu loses first, he’ll be the first to go. Favorite to make it far is Keith. Favorite of the returning is probably Ozzy. They’ll keep him around for challenges, but unless he makes a strong alliance, will be gone once they merge. Coach will be a very polarizing character. He’ll either be gone right away because they can’t stand him or they’ll make sure he makes it far as the dummy vote, ala the FBI agent last season

• sarcasmo says:

How will they know he’s Russell’s nephew? I doubt he’s gonna announce it. In fact, on EWs story, it says above that he was going to have Russell be his visitor from home, but changed his mind because he didn’t want people to know.

• ultimate troll says:

He may not tell anyone, but there might be enough of a family resemblance and maybe their accents match up, that another contestant suspects it…

5. nonabgo says:

It looks diverse enough to make it more interesting than the last few seasons but I hate that they brought Russel’s nephew, if I don’t see another Hantz in my life I’d be happy. I love it that we finally got fans that actually applied and not the mactors from the last seasons.

6. jrs says:

Where are the hotties?????? My vote, so far, is for Keith, though his legs look like tree trunks.

7. Brett says:

A friend of John posted about him being on the show on a forum I frequent, and I noted that usually the “Ivy League” people are considered arrogant by default, and in a lot of cases come in thinking that they’re smarter than everyone.

The friend said that he’s a pretty down to earth guy and understands not to come across that way, and also that he has a blunt wit and a great dry sense of humor. So i’m pretty excited to see if he’ll make me laugh – if so, he’s my favorite.

8. Paul8148 says:

Yes Ozzy and Coach and well buzz is… let just say if you through Rob C tribe rolling over and allowing him to win a million bucks was stupid get ready for more stupidlity……

9. RJM says:

I”m really hoping that Whitney Duncan wins. Finally got a women with BRAINS on there.

10. Jon says:

Only one hot guy this season? I would lick Albert all over.

11. MJ says:

Ugh ! NOT coach. I hate that guy. His 15 mins are soooo long over – he needs to go away

12. susela says:

Coach? Really?? Enough already!! Let’s hope he gets voted off as quickly as Russell did.

13. Michael says:

Pulling for John & Keith to become a core alliance, hopefully pulling in Ozzy as well!

14. Mellie says:

Christine looks like Libby (Cynthia Watros) from Lost o:! She’s the only person who gets my superficial vote, haha.

15. sunny says:

A pot seller and a “spoken word”. A wanna see just one season of big strong real men and women, no weasles, floaters, flirts and liars just strong competitors who pick off the weak ones week after week.

16. Vic says:

Everyone looks ready for a fine week in South Pacific.
    That is leave the pne leaning on the tree
    with the Cheshire cat grin home.

17. Vic says:

Everyone looks ready for a fine week in South Pacific.
    That is leave the one leaning on the tree
    with the Cheshire cat grin home.

18. Bob says:

Quit bringing back people who have already been on the show. Last year with Rob and his smirky face being on AGAIN just about did it for me. Anymore of that and I am through watching. I might make it through another year of coach if he doesn’t last too long.

19. Mary says:

I think it would be a good show if they just had all men or all women

20. Scott says:

One of the original draws of “reality” programming was the fresh faces and personalities and how they would react in the Survivor environment. I for one am tired of “reality stars”. I say get rid of the veterans and give me back my fresh faces.