Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Women of All My Children

As prospective “soaps savior” Prospect Park continues to wheel and deal with the cast members and assorted unions attached to All My Children and One Life to Live, it’s possible that the online iterations of either ABC serial won’t be able to hold onto their full ensembles. Thus, TVLine is moving forward with presenting our dream primetime roles for a few fan favorites.

Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Women of One Life to Live
Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Men of One Life to Live
Finding Primetime Jobs for Daytime Stars: The Men of All My Children

This time around, we’re suggesting our primetime picks for the ladies of AMC. Like our ideas, or have better ones? Pitch away in the comments section! Now, on with the slideshow….

1. kb811 says:

Oh my God… Susan Lucci on Ringer would be incredible!!

• Jessica says:

Yes it would! Susan and SMG were great sparring partners. They had some of the best fights I’ve ever seen on TV. I love Alicia Minshew, but SMG will still be my Kendall Hart.

2. George says:

Well, Susan Lucci & SMG would be interesting since it was heavily rumored the two didn’t get along w/each other when working on AMC…

3. Jen says:

Natalie Hall (Colby) is already on Pretty Little Liars.

4. Peggy says:

I want them to stay with AMC when it goes on it’s very own “all soap” cable channel!

5. Joline says:

Love these ideas!! Rebecca on Cougartown is an inspired choice….she would be perfect. We need to find some place to properly showcase Michael E. Knight’s (Tad) comedy talents as well. p.s. I am still sad these shows were cancelled on ABC….hope that PP can find a cable home and retain most of the cast.

6. juju2 says:

Rebecca Budig should be a Proctor & Gamble spokesperson. She’s really not a very good actress. So she should take the nepotism gig and leave the real roles to actual actresses.

I’d put Alicia Minshew on Mad Men and Chrishell Stause on Parks and Recreation. She could be running for mayor against Leslie Knope and also flirting with Ben.

Susan Lucci should be Sue Ellen on the new Dallas.

7. Skater Boy says:

The ladies of All My Children. Hmmm, Alicia Minshew should be given a role on Ringer (Kendall v Kendall). Maybe with her curls she will be the new Keri Russell???? Just don’t cut those locks Alicia!

Rebecca Budig should maybe be a mad teacher on Glee who dies when she falls into a tuba.

Jamie Luna should show up the Good Wife as a lawyer with a grudge against alicia

And Susan Lucci should be become a Bond Girl in her 60’s with a Bond girl representing a different age 20s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s 60’s and 70\s She should work a deal to still appear on AMC online and be allowed to work on Hallelujah

8. Amber says:

I’m glad you brought these back, Megan, these were fun to think about before. I think Lindsay Hartley on Once Upon a Time and Bobbi Eakes on Hot in Cleveland are great ideas. I can actually see that last idea working really well. I would prefer to see Chrishell Stause do the Pan Am show, because I don’t plan on watching the playboy club, lol, and she would be a great bubbly flight attendant. I think Susan Lucci should just retire, because she is too typecast. You can’t look at her and picture anyone but Erica Kane. The only one here I strongly disagree on is Natalie Hall. I can’t stand when she sings on the show. I think she is horrible as a singer. It feels so awkward to listen to her. Plus I am just not that crazy about her acting.

9. Amandafan says:

I would love to see these ladies in primetime! I think Alicia would be great on any drama- she can cry like no other. Chrishell would be perfect for the Playboy club- give me a reason to watch the show! Lindsay Hartley would be great on any show- I think she could really do any genre, but I enjoy watching her play a doctor so maybe the new addition to Grey’s Anatomy or a mysterious new figure on Vampire Diaries. Bobbie Eakes would be great on any comedy- I would love to see her be a competitive realtor on Cougartown or a new love interest for Ron on Parks and Rec. I would love to see Stephanie Gatschet be a new love interest on Bored to death. I think these gals are great and hope I still get to watch them weekly!

10. Dean says:

Not a fan of Cougar town so wouldn’t want to add anyone from AMC to that cast. I think Greenlee would be a good fit for Greys Anatomy or private practice. I like your idea of Krystal in hot in Cleveland and Kendall in Law and Order and Amanda in Playboy. MasCARA and Colby I can do without on any show. Erica would fit in with the ladies on Wistera Lane.

11. Kathleen says:

I’ve already read that Rebecca Budig would love to do a comedy. Can we make her Laurie’s sister or cousin or something on Cougar Town? I think she would fit in perfectly. I need Alicia Minshew to find something. She sucks me in any time she’s on screen. I would love her to find something that would let her let loose like she gets to on AMC. Snappy dialogue and all. Doesn’t Sorkin have a new show coming out?

12. Missy says:

Rebecca Budig should definitely get cast on ANY primetime show. She’s such a good actress, both comedic and dramatic. She’s also extremely photogenic. The camera LOVES her! (She’s a real beauty.) Josh Duhamel recently said that she is still one of the best actresses he’s ever worked with and referred to her as “fantastic”. Pretty high praise IMO! Speaking of Josh, he and Rebecca should try and work together again, hopefully in a romantic comedy. That chemistry between them is overwhelmingly incredible! They proved that they still have it a few weeks ago when Josh appeared as “Leo” for the last time. It would be a shame if that is the last time we’ll ever see these two on screen together. Hello, casting directors! ;)

13. Chloe says:

Debbi Morgan should turn up on Fringe as Broyles’ supervisor and love interest. Alicia Minshew would make a good con artist on White Collar. I think Rebecca Budig would be better suited for L&O: SVU than Alicia.

14. Sher says:

they need new series — not someone else’s. The actresses that played krystal, kendall & greenlee……. A girl power type of show with some comedy thrown in. Think Castle. Krystal & Kendall as cops with Greenlee as the klutzy non-cop., Kendall & Greenlee definitely belong together. I can think of lots of shows for the actress that plays Krystal.