Fall TV Preview

Good Wife Exclusive: Dylan Baker Set to Return

The Good Wife has some unfinished business with Dylan Baker’s convicted killer Colin Sweeney.

The actor — who appeared during Season 1 as major client of Lockhart Gardner with whom Alicia (Julianna Margulies) successfully defended for the murder of his wife (but who later went to jail for another murder) — is returning to the CBS drama this fall, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details on his comeback are scarce, but rumor has it Sweeney gets sprung from the pokey when Alicia needs his help with a case.

Baker’s initial Good Wife arc earned him a 2010 Emmy nomination for Outstanding Guest Actor in a Drama Series. His encore is slated to air in October.

Comments (10)

• Oooh…interesting.
    I loved his character. Creepy, but highly entertaining.

Comment by Sarah I – August 22, 2011 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t have phrased it better myself!

Comment by CastleLover – August 22, 2011 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Sweeney… he cracks me up! It’s gonna be interesting to. have him back!

Comment by sissicuddles – August 22, 2011 10:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i love him ! great season of TGW

Comment by Andrea – August 22, 2011 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So pleased he is back. Actually can’t wait for series to come back!

Comment by Aileen K – August 22, 2011 11:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I *love* Dylan Baker, and he is fantastic as Colin Sweeney!

(Now can TGW get Dylan Baker’s wife, Becky Ann Baker, on the show, too?!)

Comment by Jesse – August 22, 2011 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’s been brilliant as creepy villian CIA Op Jerry Boorman on ‘Damages’. I can’t wait to see him back TGW.

Comment by Lynne – August 22, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He was awesome on the show. Scary as hell, but awesome. THE GOOD WIFE season 3 is shaping up to be completely amazing.

Comment by BRETT – August 22, 2011 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Genuiinely pleased he is back! And canot wait for The Good Wife to restart!

Comment by Watch The Good Wife Online – August 22, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is wonderful!!! I love this creepy character… And I LOVE The Good Wife… One of the best show EVER!

Comment by Alberto – August 22, 2011 04:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post