NBC's The Firm Retains BSG's Tricia Helfer

Tricia Helfer is lawyering up with a plum recurring role on NBC’s The Firm, TVLine has confirmed.

Based on John Grisham’s best-selling novel but set 10 years later, the midseason drama finds Josh Lucas succeeding Tom Cruise as attorney Mitch McDeere. The series picks up with Mitch and wife Abby (Molly Parker) trying to start a new life in Washington D.C.

Helfer plays Alex Clark, the senior partner of Kinross & Clark, who brings Mitch in as a partner.

“[I'll] be working with some amazing talent,” Helfer posted on Twitter late Saturday. “[I'm] very excited!”

The Firm‘s cast also includes Juliette Lewis as Tammy, Mitch’s feisty receptionist, and Helfer’s former BSG co-star Callum Keith Rennie as Ray McDeere, Mitch’s volatile older brother.

Production is currently underway in Toronto.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, News, Scoop

1. Alex says:

Callum Keith Rennie! That makes this a frakkin cylon BSG reunion!

2. Randy says:

Sounds like they are BSG fans. Good because that has to be one of the best casts in history of TV.

3. NickC says:

I tried BSG a few times and that was a bad show(IMO).This one sounds good…You had me at Lucas and Lewis.

4. Caro says:

Sounds great! I’m really looking forward to the show, since the movie was such a great movie!

5. Ajk says:

So Leoben AND Six? I’m going to watch this

6. Jake says:

Was going to check this out when it premiered but now im definitely watching this! i love Tricia! She was amazing on BSG.

7. Jamie says:

I guess I’m going to have to watch this now. It suddenly became interesting.

8. DryedMangoez says:

Hehe, yup! Now I am officially excited about the series. Looking forward to seeing Tricia back on TV!

9. Michael Sacal says:

What’s the premise this time around? He ends up working for another lawfirm whose clients are the mob or something? What’s the hook this time?

10. Sam says:

Okay, NOW I’ll watch this. At least as long as she’s on. And as long as John Grisham never steps in front of the camera again to tell us why this show is important. Ugh.

11. Andrea says:

The addition of Tricia Helfer makes me NOT inclined to turn this on. I never watched BSG, but I hated her as Carla in Season 2 of Burn Notice and was thrilled when Carla was shot and killed.

• Elizabeth says:

I’m glad I’m not alone. I have irrational, intense dislike for Tricia Helfer.

Never watched BSG but she has turned up on numerous shows I watch, many times playing the same type of character. Ugh. Cannot take her anymore than I have to.
      But if her doing this keeps her off of my favorite shows then… Yay.

12. bhm1304 says:

Why is this crap sounding show casting so damn good, Callum Keith Rennie, Molly Parker, Juliette Lewis, and Tricia Helfer? Not a bad start. Darn you NBC, I may have to watch a show on your sorry excuse for a network. Lose boring Josh Lucas and this could be must see – they should have cast Jamie Bamber.

• Tej says:

You are actually my hero. I could have written your comment.
      NBC had a chance to have Jamie Bamber (and James Callis) but they blew it…which considering that they’re NBC is not that surprising

13. L says:

Seriously, when is she going away?

14. L says:

Please make Tricia Helfer go away.

15. L says:

I wish Tricia Helfer would stop screwing up shows I like by guest starring in them. I will not be watching this new show.