NBC's The Firm Retains BSG's Tricia Helfer

Get More: Casting News, News, Scoop

Tricia Helfer is lawyering up with a plum recurring role on NBC’s The Firm, TVLine has confirmed.

Based on John Grisham’s best-selling novel but set 10 years later, the midseason drama finds Josh Lucas succeeding Tom Cruise as attorney Mitch McDeere. The series picks up with Mitch and wife Abby (Molly Parker) trying to start a new life in Washington D.C.

Helfer plays Alex Clark, the senior partner of Kinross & Clark, who brings Mitch in as a partner.

“[I'll] be working with some amazing talent,” Helfer posted on Twitter late Saturday. “[I'm] very excited!”

The Firm‘s cast also includes Juliette Lewis as Tammy, Mitch’s feisty receptionist, and Helfer’s former BSG co-star Callum Keith Rennie as Ray McDeere, Mitch’s volatile older brother.

Production is currently underway in Toronto.

Comments (25)

• Callum Keith Rennie! That makes this a frakkin cylon BSG reunion!

Comment by Alex – August 21, 2011 12:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yah, don’t forget Callum Keith Rennie was on BSG too!!

Comment by swf – August 21, 2011 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love me some Callum Keith Rennie. There is just something about him!

Comment by Vanny – August 22, 2011 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds like they are BSG fans. Good because that has to be one of the best casts in history of TV.

Comment by Randy – August 21, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I tried BSG a few times and that was a bad show(IMO).This one sounds good…You had me at Lucas and Lewis.

Comment by NickC – August 21, 2011 12:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • funny…it’s my favorite show off all time! To each their own I guess :)

Comment by davey – August 21, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Try it again, it really was an amazing show.. even if you don’t like scifi. It was a very clever show.

Comment by Vanny – August 22, 2011 12:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Sounds great! I’m really looking forward to the show, since the movie was such a great movie!

Comment by Caro – August 21, 2011 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Leoben AND Six? I’m going to watch this

Comment by Ajk – August 21, 2011 12:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was going to check this out when it premiered but now im definitely watching this! i love Tricia! She was amazing on BSG.

Comment by Jake – August 21, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I’m going to have to watch this now. It suddenly became interesting.

Comment by Jamie – August 21, 2011 01:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hehe, yup! Now I am officially excited about the series. Looking forward to seeing Tricia back on TV!

Comment by DryedMangoez – August 21, 2011 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s the premise this time around? He ends up working for another lawfirm whose clients are the mob or something? What’s the hook this time?

Comment by Michael Sacal – August 21, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Okay, NOW I’ll watch this. At least as long as she’s on. And as long as John Grisham never steps in front of the camera again to tell us why this show is important. Ugh.

Comment by Sam – August 21, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The addition of Tricia Helfer makes me NOT inclined to turn this on. I never watched BSG, but I hated her as Carla in Season 2 of Burn Notice and was thrilled when Carla was shot and killed.

Comment by Andrea – August 21, 2011 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m glad I’m not alone. I have irrational, intense dislike for Tricia Helfer.

Never watched BSG but she has turned up on numerous shows I watch, many times playing the same type of character. Ugh. Cannot take her anymore than I have to.
      But if her doing this keeps her off of my favorite shows then… Yay.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 21, 2011 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Me too, but it was her season 2 Chuck appearance that put me off her.

Comment by Ben – August 21, 2011 08:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why is this crap sounding show casting so damn good, Callum Keith Rennie, Molly Parker, Juliette Lewis, and Tricia Helfer? Not a bad start. Darn you NBC, I may have to watch a show on your sorry excuse for a network. Lose boring Josh Lucas and this could be must see – they should have cast Jamie Bamber.

Comment by bhm1304 – August 22, 2011 05:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are actually my hero. I could have written your comment.
      NBC had a chance to have Jamie Bamber (and James Callis) but they blew it…which considering that they’re NBC is not that surprising

Comment by Tej – August 22, 2011 02:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously, when is she going away?

Comment by L – August 22, 2011 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please make Tricia Helfer go away.

Comment by L – August 22, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wish Tricia Helfer would stop screwing up shows I like by guest starring in them. I will not be watching this new show.

Comment by L – August 22, 2011 11:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post