Fall TV Preview

Hart of Dixie Exclusive: Rachel Bilson Gets a New Ally, to Replace Nancy Travis

The CW’s upcoming fall charmer, Hart of Dixie, has found a new confidante for Rachel Bilson’s Dr. Zoe Hart.

Fall TV First Impression: Hart Of Dixie Serves Up Rachel Bilson, Southern Comforts

TVLine has learned exclusively that Eisa Davis, who has guest-starred on series such as The Wire (as Bubbles’ sister) and Law & Order (twice as ADA Danvers), has landed the recurring role of Addy Pickett, a nurse with 15 years experience at the Alabama medical practice Bilson’s big city doc inherits in the pilot (airing Monday, Sept. 26, at 9/8c).

Described as both “warm and acerbic,” Addy unwittingly takes on the role of mentor to Zoe, and ultimately becomes a champion of the change her new boss is bringing to the tight-knit town.

Actress Nancy Travis occupies a similar role in Hart of Dixie‘s pilot, but is set to quietly exit the series a few episodes in due to her series-regular status on ABC’s new fall comedy Last Man Standing.

A Pulitzer Prize-nominated playwright, Davis’ TV credits also include Damages and Showtime’s Soul Food: The Series.

Comments (18)

• I miss Law and Order dammit

Comment by mark – August 20, 2011 08:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Being in 4 episodes over a 9 yr period does not make you an alum of L&O. I consider myself a pretty good L&O viewer and i do not remember her at all.

Comment by matt – August 20, 2011 08:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. Megan needs to do better research. This woman was in 4 episodes as 3 different characters(ADA and Danvers being 2 separate characters). She did not play 1 character for a decade. She’s basically a nobody.

Comment by CapMarvel – August 20, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • My thoughts exactly. Oh, the memorable ADA Danvers!

Comment by Alex – August 20, 2011 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank god. I thought I was the only one who had no recollection of this woman on Law & Order.

Comment by Irishgirl – August 20, 2011 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m so glad everyone said that! This is sloppy reporting at its best. I’ve been watching Law & Order since the beginning, and this actress is not someone I remember–at all. It’s kind of sad when the viewers are more knowledgeable about a series than the people who are paid to write about them. Meh.

Comment by Janice – August 20, 2011 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • To be fair, it doesn’t say anywhere in the article that she’s a L&O regular. When an article like this is released, the writer usually includes a few past acting credits so people have an idea of her body of work. That’s difficult if the actress’s resume is filled with bit parts. She was on Law & Order, the credit is valid.

Comment by Captain – August 20, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The story was amended Saturday at 9am EST to more accurately qualify Ms. Davis’ previous TV credits.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2011 06:39 PM PDT
          • Really?

Comment by pinko – August 22, 2011 12:07 AM PDT
    • glad to see I wasnt the only one who drew a blank when I saw her picture.

Comment by matt – August 20, 2011 09:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah I saw her name and I was like…huh? Who is she? Where have I been? Made me feel a bit paranoid.

Comment by Esaul – August 20, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am looking forward to this series. I have been rewatching Everwood lately and am looking forward to a throwback to the old WB series.

Comment by Amy – August 20, 2011 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ditto

Comment by Ka'lel – August 20, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well then you should have watched Life Unexpected. Love Rachel Bilson but this show ain’t gonna make it.

Comment by lorna – August 22, 2011 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t know who Davis is but I love Nancy Travis and I’m happy to see things are going well for her!

Comment by Kat – August 20, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How sad will it be when show is cancelled before her episodes air?

Comment by TJ. Church – August 20, 2011 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is kind of bad news, loved Nancy Travis since “So I Married an Axe Murderer”.

Comment by bhm1304 – August 22, 2011 05:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Had never given “Heart of Dixie” a glancing thought with the whole “Dixie” confederacy thing, but will give it try to see Ms. Davis. Speaking of L&O, I miss it too, especially the very talented in truly MEMORABLE, L orraine Toussaint!

Comment by Jasmine – August 22, 2011 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post