Fall TV Preview

Raising Hope Exclusive: Who's Sabrina's Daddy? NewsRadio's Stephen Root!

Coming up this fall on Raising Hope: Jimmy meets the parent!

The Fox comedy has cast TV vet Stephen Root (NewsRadio, Pushing Daisies, The West Wing) to play the father of Jimmy’s grocery store crush Sabrina (Shannon Woodward), TVLine has learned exclusively.

Root is scheduled to appear in the episode that starts shooting next week.

Raising Hope‘s second season kicks off Tuesday, Sept. 20.

Comments (9)

• This is completely awesome.

Comment by heather_kaye – August 19, 2011 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You forgot his best performance of all time: Milton on Office Space!

Comment by Luke Gelineau – August 19, 2011 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That is fabulous. I would love a stapler reference.

Comment by Dave – August 19, 2011 08:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love me some Raising Hope. Best comedy of television!

Comment by Jenny – August 19, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great casting.

I love this show sfm.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 19, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grade A awesome! If anyone can walk the line between upper middle class WASP and all of the quirky facets Sabrina has described about her father, it’s Sabrina.

Comment by Adam L. – August 19, 2011 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show makes me smile. It’s just so cute and it’s not about these high concepts or too perfect life stuff… It reminds me that everyone else has their silly weird quirky lives and it’s good to finally have that on t.v.

Comment by Kim – August 19, 2011 09:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! All I can say is that Jimmy better not take his stapler.

Comment by DL – August 19, 2011 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping for Eddie Izzard, but this is a good choice too.

Comment by sj – August 19, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post