Fall TV Hot Shots: CSI: Miami, Criminal Minds Premieres 'Resurrect' Familiar Faces

A pair of brunette beauties promise to steer the season premieres of CSI: Miami and Criminal Minds in very interesting directions next month.

24 Favorite Cast as CSI: Miami‘s Big New Bad

On the former, Alana De La Garza is reprising her role of CSI boss Horatio’s dearly departed wife, Marisol. The BAU, meanwhile, is welcoming back Emily Prentiss, whose death was faked to accommodate Paget Brewster’s unpopular exit from the crime drama late last season — and from the looks of it, Hotch has some ‘splaining to do to the U.S. Senate about the ruse!

The Women of Criminal Minds Celebrate: The Band Is Back Together!

If you’re a CSI: Miami fan, click LEFT on slide show below to check out Alana ASAP; Criminal Minds fans meanwhile should click RIGHT.

1. Mel says:

I cannot tell you how excited I am that the CM ladies (Paget/AJ) are back!

My regular Wednesday night family is together again and you look at the Prentiss/Hotchner pic! I love them together!

I’ll stop now… *runs away like a little school girl*

• NickC says:

Do you all think just getting actors back is going to fix this show?Even with out them there were still great people on CM and it still was not too good.That was because of the writing and show running.I LOVE PB but im not drinking the Koolaid like the rest of you.

• Alicia says:

Hey now! Don’t you know you shouldn’t ship characters on this show? It’s about murder and stuff–highly inappropriate!
      So what if Hotch and Prentiss would make adorable raven-haired babies? Perish the thought–it’s WRONG. They’ll just have to sit together looking sexy, but platonic.
      And YAY for Paget’s return :D

2. jean10brook says:

Thanks, Matt – Info on my two favorite shows. Can’t wait to see the Premiere of Miami. Alana looks stunning, as always. Thrilled Paget & AJ are back this season. It just was not worth watching without them. Appreciate all your hard word in keeping us TV Junkies informed. Kudos!

3. CM says:

The picture of Hotch and Emily sitting together in the season premiere is for me what the Ron&Hermione kiss is for Romione shippers (myself included). Not the most expected of the decade but certainly the most expected in 2 years, since they were barely in the same scene through the 18 episodes of the 6th season Prentiss was in.

4. jean10brook says:

And thanks to Michael too for posting – You are awesome!

5. Rellyb says:

@Mel I second that emotion!!!! :)))))) the gang is back!!

6. LDSK says:

So very excited that Paget is back!!! I am glad we get to see the fallout from Emily’s “death” and they don’t just bring her back like nothing happened. They need to bring closure to that story and they need to do it justice. That being said, however, they need to get it done and then get back to what makes this show so great. Evil villians and the dedicated and hardworking team that hunts them down.

7. Bev says:

Bearded Hotch is awesome!

8. Lauren Reynolds (is dead) says:

Oh Matt you big tease! I love that you show us these awesome pictures but they just make the wait for the premier all the more unbearable!

9. Carrie says:

Thanks Matt. I’m so glad AJ and Paget are back. I really didn’t think it would happen… What a turn around!! Can’t wait to see how the whole team resolves what happened over the last few months, particularly Morgan and prentiss. They have stuff to sort out but looking forward to how they do. A little bit of angst followed by the lovely part :) They deserve that after eveything they went through

• francisca says:

I’m gonna throw up. More Morgan and Prentiss? Sure she has to apologize, not just to him, but also to the rest of the team. And wasn’t it enough that they were together through the entire season 6. I’d like to watch Criminal Minds without having to suffer that excruciating pain I have in my thumb that makes me want to turn off the TV every time they are in the same scene together, which are all the scenes Emily is in. Every time I see her she is with Morgan. UNBEARABLE! UGH!!!!!!!!

• Alicia says:

Yes, the thought of Prentiss with Morgan is unbearable. It was so nice of him to tell her he’s “proud of her” while she was dying. Otherwise he might have felt guilty about judging her the entire time leading up to that point.

10. Erika Carolyn Young says:

Season 10 will be the Best Season ever. I cannot wait!!!! I am so excited! So fans get ready for Sept. 25 Premere. No matter what I will be watching. The cast is back and better than ever. Emily Procter will rock in full force. CSI:MIAMI#1

• ladymiami says:

I love CSI Miami.
      Alana De La Garza had to be contracted for the entire season, is a fantastic actress and very beautiful.

11. francisca says:

I’m gonna throw up. More Morgan and Prentiss? Sure she has to apologize, not just to him, but also to the rest of the team. And wasn’t it enough that they were together through the entire season 6? I’d like to watch Criminal Minds without having to suffer that excruciating pain I have in my thumb that makes me want to turn off the TV every time they are in the same scene together, which are all the scenes Emily is in. Every time I see her she is with Morgan. UNBEARABLE! UGH!!!!!!!!

12. Jax says:

CSI: Miami is still on? When will that crapfest die already?

• King says:

I know. It’s an embarassment to the CSI franchise.

• Gretchen says:

I love it–it is cheesie–fun cheese. Mind candy. My cousin saw Caruso in a Starbucks once. Said yes, it did take him forever to order and that he talks as he does on the show in real life.

13. Jeff says:

My goodness Ms. Brewster looks good in that photo!

14. jason says:

Prentiss should’ve stayed dead.

15. Don J says:

Don’t get me wrong, I like Alana De La Garza alot. She’s absolutely stunning and I liked her return to Law and Order: LA last season. But, I don’t get the point of her coming back to CSI Miami as a ghost/flashback/hallucination…similar to what they did with Speedle a few seasons ago. Plus, I never got the sense that H and Marisol had any real connection/chemistry.

• shaun says:

I liked them together.

• Vanessa says:

Thank you for saying what I’ve felt since season 4! The whole relationship between Horatio and Marisol was so contrived, thrown together toward the end of that season, and completely NOT believable. It was just created to drum up drama for Horatio, and its drama that’s never ending apparently. To think that we’re supposed to believe that he’s all broken up over her death is to think that the viewer is stupid. If anything it should have been Eric – her own brother – that should have been all broken up over her death.

• nina says:

Sorry, but I disagree. H and Marisol’s relationship was genuine and sweet. The writers made ​​it all happen very fast because they are incompetent. The other women in his life are artificial and with pounds of makeup as Julia and Yelina that make me vomit.

• Phill says:

Marisol had to return alive. She is the most beautiful persongem CSI Miami. They have been totally stupid to kill Marisol.

16. Casey says:

Wow. I went to this page because I was excited about Prentiss. But then I saw Hotch’s beard. Hot DAMN. That was NICE. I wish he’d keep the beard, but I highly doubt he will.

• Cathy says:

The beard really caught me off guard, but in a good way, because he looks good! Love Hotch!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

I’m pretty sure Hotch is shaven in present day, and that the beard is from the season premiere’s flashbacks to the months leading up to Prentiss’ “resurrection.”

17. Tyler says:

So, wait a minute, do the members of the BAU get questioned regarding some sort of action they took in retaliation to something?

18. Cari says:

I’m pretty sure in that picture Garcia is telling Reid it’s time to retire that sweater…

Haha, you can totally tell from that picture that Reid is the one who’s the most pissed at Emily. I can’t wait to see how they fix THAT relationship.

19. I can not believe that they are still making new CSI Episodes and not to metion all of the other CSI shows that they have. Good job keeping Miami CSI alive.

20. Tinemi says:

Wow… I just can’t wait to see the new season of Criminal Minds!! Prentiss and JJ are back!! And Hotck looks extra hot with that beard!!

21. Phill says:

I wanted Marisol alive somewhere safe. I want her alive. Horatio and Marisol belong together. Alana is the most beautiful woman on television.

22. Val Gonzales says:

Can not wait to see the new season! Happy the girls are back! The show has not been the same without them. This is my favorite show!!