Fall TV Preview

Fall TV Hot Shots: CSI: Miami, Criminal Minds Premieres 'Resurrect' Familiar Faces

A pair of brunette beauties promise to steer the season premieres of CSI: Miami and Criminal Minds in very interesting directions next month.

24 Favorite Cast as CSI: Miami‘s Big New Bad

On the former, Alana De La Garza is reprising her role of CSI boss Horatio’s dearly departed wife, Marisol. The BAU, meanwhile, is welcoming back Emily Prentiss, whose death was faked to accommodate Paget Brewster’s unpopular exit from the crime drama late last season — and from the looks of it, Hotch has some ‘splaining to do to the U.S. Senate about the ruse!

The Women of Criminal Minds Celebrate: The Band Is Back Together!

If you’re a CSI: Miami fan, click LEFT on slide show below to check out Alana ASAP; Criminal Minds fans meanwhile should click RIGHT.

Comments (43)

• I cannot tell you how excited I am that the CM ladies (Paget/AJ) are back!

My regular Wednesday night family is together again and you look at the Prentiss/Hotchner pic! I love them together!

I’ll stop now… *runs away like a little school girl*

Comment by Mel – August 19, 2011 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you all think just getting actors back is going to fix this show?Even with out them there were still great people on CM and it still was not too good.That was because of the writing and show running.I LOVE PB but im not drinking the Koolaid like the rest of you.

Comment by NickC – August 19, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hey now! Don’t you know you shouldn’t ship characters on this show? It’s about murder and stuff–highly inappropriate!
      So what if Hotch and Prentiss would make adorable raven-haired babies? Perish the thought–it’s WRONG. They’ll just have to sit together looking sexy, but platonic.
      And YAY for Paget’s return :D

Comment by Alicia – August 19, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Matt – Info on my two favorite shows. Can’t wait to see the Premiere of Miami. Alana looks stunning, as always. Thrilled Paget & AJ are back this season. It just was not worth watching without them. Appreciate all your hard word in keeping us TV Junkies informed. Kudos!

Comment by jean10brook – August 19, 2011 09:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The picture of Hotch and Emily sitting together in the season premiere is for me what the Ron&Hermione kiss is for Romione shippers (myself included). Not the most expected of the decade but certainly the most expected in 2 years, since they were barely in the same scene through the 18 episodes of the 6th season Prentiss was in.

Comment by CM – August 19, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And the second half of the 5th season.

Comment by CM – August 19, 2011 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And thanks to Michael too for posting – You are awesome!

Comment by jean10brook – August 19, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Mel I second that emotion!!!! :)))))) the gang is back!!

Comment by Rellyb – August 19, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So very excited that Paget is back!!! I am glad we get to see the fallout from Emily’s “death” and they don’t just bring her back like nothing happened. They need to bring closure to that story and they need to do it justice. That being said, however, they need to get it done and then get back to what makes this show so great. Evil villians and the dedicated and hardworking team that hunts them down.

Comment by LDSK – August 19, 2011 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bearded Hotch is awesome!

Comment by Bev – August 19, 2011 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! More bearded Hotch!

Comment by DL – August 19, 2011 11:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the beard! Thomas Gibson looks hotter every season. Can’t wait to find out what the story behind the beard is!

Comment by Dora – August 19, 2011 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Couldn’t agree more!

Comment by Mandy – August 22, 2011 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh Matt you big tease! I love that you show us these awesome pictures but they just make the wait for the premier all the more unbearable!

Comment by Lauren Reynolds (is dead) – August 19, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks Matt. I’m so glad AJ and Paget are back. I really didn’t think it would happen… What a turn around!! Can’t wait to see how the whole team resolves what happened over the last few months, particularly Morgan and prentiss. They have stuff to sort out but looking forward to how they do. A little bit of angst followed by the lovely part :) They deserve that after eveything they went through

Comment by Carrie – August 19, 2011 09:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m gonna throw up. More Morgan and Prentiss? Sure she has to apologize, not just to him, but also to the rest of the team. And wasn’t it enough that they were together through the entire season 6. I’d like to watch Criminal Minds without having to suffer that excruciating pain I have in my thumb that makes me want to turn off the TV every time they are in the same scene together, which are all the scenes Emily is in. Every time I see her she is with Morgan. UNBEARABLE! UGH!!!!!!!!

Comment by francisca – August 19, 2011 09:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes, the thought of Prentiss with Morgan is unbearable. It was so nice of him to tell her he’s “proud of her” while she was dying. Otherwise he might have felt guilty about judging her the entire time leading up to that point.

Comment by Alicia – August 19, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Season 10 will be the Best Season ever. I cannot wait!!!! I am so excited! So fans get ready for Sept. 25 Premere. No matter what I will be watching. The cast is back and better than ever. Emily Procter will rock in full force. CSI:MIAMI#1

Comment by Erika Carolyn Young – August 19, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love CSI Miami.
      Alana De La Garza had to be contracted for the entire season, is a fantastic actress and very beautiful.

Comment by ladymiami – September 23, 2011 08:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m gonna throw up. More Morgan and Prentiss? Sure she has to apologize, not just to him, but also to the rest of the team. And wasn’t it enough that they were together through the entire season 6? I’d like to watch Criminal Minds without having to suffer that excruciating pain I have in my thumb that makes me want to turn off the TV every time they are in the same scene together, which are all the scenes Emily is in. Every time I see her she is with Morgan. UNBEARABLE! UGH!!!!!!!!

Comment by francisca – August 19, 2011 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • morgan and prentiss were together in season6? whate are you drinking or smoking?!!!

Comment by melanie – September 8, 2011 11:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • CSI: Miami is still on? When will that crapfest die already?

Comment by Jax – August 19, 2011 10:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I know. It’s an embarassment to the CSI franchise.

Comment by King – August 19, 2011 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love it–it is cheesie–fun cheese. Mind candy. My cousin saw Caruso in a Starbucks once. Said yes, it did take him forever to order and that he talks as he does on the show in real life.

Comment by Gretchen – August 20, 2011 06:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My goodness Ms. Brewster looks good in that photo!

Comment by Jeff – August 19, 2011 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Prentiss should’ve stayed dead.

Comment by jason – August 19, 2011 12:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She is the best character on the show!

Comment by Q – August 19, 2011 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Prentiss never should have left the show.

Comment by Ashley – August 19, 2011 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t get me wrong, I like Alana De La Garza alot. She’s absolutely stunning and I liked her return to Law and Order: LA last season. But, I don’t get the point of her coming back to CSI Miami as a ghost/flashback/hallucination…similar to what they did with Speedle a few seasons ago. Plus, I never got the sense that H and Marisol had any real connection/chemistry.

Comment by Don J – August 19, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I liked them together.

Comment by shaun – August 19, 2011 09:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Horatio and Marisol were so cute together!

Comment by Phill – September 23, 2011 08:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you for saying what I’ve felt since season 4! The whole relationship between Horatio and Marisol was so contrived, thrown together toward the end of that season, and completely NOT believable. It was just created to drum up drama for Horatio, and its drama that’s never ending apparently. To think that we’re supposed to believe that he’s all broken up over her death is to think that the viewer is stupid. If anything it should have been Eric – her own brother – that should have been all broken up over her death.

Comment by Vanessa – August 20, 2011 06:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sorry, but I disagree. H and Marisol’s relationship was genuine and sweet. The writers made ​​it all happen very fast because they are incompetent. The other women in his life are artificial and with pounds of makeup as Julia and Yelina that make me vomit.

Comment by nina – September 23, 2011 08:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Marisol had to return alive. She is the most beautiful persongem CSI Miami. They have been totally stupid to kill Marisol.

Comment by Phill – September 23, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I went to this page because I was excited about Prentiss. But then I saw Hotch’s beard. Hot DAMN. That was NICE. I wish he’d keep the beard, but I highly doubt he will.

Comment by Casey – August 19, 2011 02:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The beard really caught me off guard, but in a good way, because he looks good! Love Hotch!

Comment by Cathy – August 19, 2011 11:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m pretty sure Hotch is shaven in present day, and that the beard is from the season premiere’s flashbacks to the months leading up to Prentiss’ “resurrection.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – August 20, 2011 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, wait a minute, do the members of the BAU get questioned regarding some sort of action they took in retaliation to something?

Comment by Tyler – August 20, 2011 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m pretty sure in that picture Garcia is telling Reid it’s time to retire that sweater…

Haha, you can totally tell from that picture that Reid is the one who’s the most pissed at Emily. I can’t wait to see how they fix THAT relationship.

Comment by Cari – August 22, 2011 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can not believe that they are still making new CSI Episodes and not to metion all of the other CSI shows that they have. Good job keeping Miami CSI alive.

Comment by Miami CSI FAN – August 30, 2011 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow… I just can’t wait to see the new season of Criminal Minds!! Prentiss and JJ are back!! And Hotck looks extra hot with that beard!!

Comment by Tinemi – September 9, 2011 09:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wanted Marisol alive somewhere safe. I want her alive. Horatio and Marisol belong together. Alana is the most beautiful woman on television.

Comment by Phill – September 23, 2011 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can not wait to see the new season! Happy the girls are back! The show has not been the same without them. This is my favorite show!!

Comment by Val Gonzales – November 29, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post