Exclusive

Desperate Housewives Exclusive: Miguel Ferrer to School Susan

Renowned TV badass Miguel Ferrer is taking his special brand of intensity to Wisteria Lane.

The Crossing Jordan vet (who’s currently starring in the Lifetime procedural The Protector) is joining the final season of Desperate Housewives in the recurring role of Andre Zeller, a renowned and temperamental contemporary artist who is teaching a course at the local college.

Desperate Housewives Scoop: How Will It End?!

Mr. Zeller is very demanding of his students, one of whom is part-time illustrator Susan (Teri Hatcher). “He clashes with Susan when she goes back to art school,” reveals a Housewives insider of Ferrer’s character.

I smell some fresh competition for Mike Delfino.

Ferrer joins a Season 8 guest cast that also includes Less Than Perfect‘s Andrea Parker (as a love interest for Tom) and V‘s Charles Mesure (as Renee’s new man).

Housewives‘ eighth (and final) season launches on Sept. 25.

Want Desperate Housewives Spoilers 24/7? Follow Ausiello on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

1. Geo says:

Love him! But Miguel Ferrer will always be Twin Peak’s Albert to me.

2. Casey says:

Not gonna lie, I did this gross happy dance when I read this! I absolutely LOVE Miguel Ferrer! Ever since Twin Peaks. Not sure if any other season eight guest star can top this! :D He’s amazing! <3

3. rebecca says:

why is this the last season

• latasha says:

OMG WHY IS THIS HAPPENING THIS SHOULD NOT BE THE LAST SEASON.PLEASE SOMEONE TALK WHOEVER IN CHARGE TO NOT MAKE THIS THE LAST SEASON. PLEASE DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES IS MY FAVORITE SHOW I WATCHED THE RERUNS IN TILL THE NEXT SEASON COME ON.

• b dan says:

I feel your pain. Don’t want it to end either. Also my favorite show. Teri Hatcher looks more beautiful now than she ever did. How does a person become more attractive as they get older? Maybe it’s the money, but whatever will she do now? This is the best role for her.

• Dianne Autry says:

I have watched Desperate Housewives since the 1st show and really do enjoy watching it a LOTS!!!!!!!!!! I can not believe this is the LAST SEASON !!!!!! Seems like they take all the really good SHOWS OFF THE AIR. ESPECIALLY CHANNEL 2. All my Children, One Life to Live. And that’s just the beginning !!!!!!!!!!!! I AM NOT HAPPY AT ALL WITH WSB TV REPOST IF U FEEL THE SAME WAY !!!!!!!! Dianne Autry

4. Jessica says:

Mike is waaaaay hotter ;)

• Nicole Kay says:

For sure

• Nancy says:

There is no comparing Miguel Ferrera with James Denton (Mike Defino). James Denton is an extremely attractive man and although I am sure Miguel Ferrera is a good actor he just can’t be compared to James Denton on looks.
      They continue to take off the few good shows that are left on TV this days so I hardly watch TV anymore.

5. Miguel Alves says:

I love Vanessa Williams and the other girls. It’s a pitty the show is going to end. It could go to the 10th season.
    Miguel from Portugal

6. lori says:

My guilty pleasure for the last 8 years…doesn’t seem like it has been that long, and now the last season????so sad! Love these ladies!

7. Erica says:

My favorite show…. hate missing it. Last season, WHAT??? WHY? What will watch now :'( I have become so involved with all their lives they feel like family… I know sounds crazy. For the last 6 months I think my cable has taken the show off, and I am missing them so much. THIS CAN’T BE THE END!!!!! Please write more… we NEED Susan, Gabi, Brea, and Mrs Scavo to get through our week.

8. mandy p says:

I can’t believe this is the final season! These women have dealt with so many of lives issues from drug abuse to homosexuality! They have been an inspiration to so many and will be greatly missed! Loved the wisteria lane ladies always!

9. emma jean says:

been waiting too i did a happy dance too lol

10. Jazzie says:

Last season <\3 how sad!!

11. Michelle B says:

Y shd dis b d last season? I dnt wnt it to b
    #sad#

12. barbie says:

I am so sad to hear its the end. I’m not a t.v. watcher but I never miss D.H. and look forward to every season. There is simply no replacing them. Gonna miss my girls!!!!

13. Travelgirl says:

What????????????? No?????????? Last season! Seams like they always take the good shows off and now alot of junk left. No wonder we all end up watching realty shows, we have nothing else to watch. I love this show, look forward to it every week. I guess they can’t come up with anymore great stuff for it. sad to hear last season. Travelgirl.

14. Ram510 says:

I really hope Tom and Lynette can work things out by the end if the season. They are the only coupe that have stayed together the entire series and I feel the writers should keep it that way. They can jsut call this a temporary separation

15. Christie says:

This was the only series I watched on TV something to look forward to on Sinday nights so sad it’s ending :( did ratings go down ?why does it have to end?

16. Annette Ahearn says:

If this is going to be the last series what am I going to snicker at on my TV ??????????

17. Linda says:

My husband told me this will be the final season for Desperate Housewives. I CANNOT believe this. This show was the only one I really watched and looked forward to it all week. Sad, but true. Is it true that Edie is coming back on the show as well as Susan Lucci? What am I gonna do now. :(

18. michele Gladfelter says:

It pisses me off that they are going to end the show….can’t they see how much people love the show there are other series that have gone on longer and they no where compare to …Desperate Housewives!!!!!! If you ask me they are very stupid for ending it!!…I guarantee they will never replace it with anything better…I bet 9 out of 10 people would agree with me!

19. April Bradshaw says:

This should NOT be the last season.. I totally LOVE this show! Now what will I watch? Hmm.. Breaks my heart..

20. DaveR says:

The show has grown on me and saying goodbye will be as sad as seeing “Mash” leave the airwaves. However, there’s dvds and syndication. Thanks to the casting I was pleased to see so many celebrities of the past (20-30 years ago) having roles in the show. I really don’t know who the initial audience was intended to be but DH has a strong male following, myself being just one. Eight wonderful seasons! To all who were involved in the show from the creator (Marc and mom) to the stars down to the caterers and drivers….thanks!

21. Jossy says:

Pls keep on going don’t say it’s the last seasons!!! super sad…. :((

22. aline says:

Stropinjuste! Cette série est la meilleure qui puisse exister! Je suis dégoûtée que ça soit la dernière saison …

23. Nancy says:

That’s right take off another good show that will probably be realaced by another stupid reality show that is so far from real. I hardly watch tv any more because there aren’t many good shows left to watch!

24. Wanda says:

It’l b hard 2 find a replacemt nw..d show ws simply d best!

25. Athena says:

Omg nooooooooo plz I <3 the show plz don't end it I look forward to this show every year :( & Mike way hotter.

26. Igho Elsie Erhire says:

Last!!! WHY???? Oh NO! This is not true..The wisteria lane ladies(Bree,Susan,Gaby,& Lynette)Great women,they’ve affected my life positively.I can’t afford missing them especially now that they’ve become part & parcel of me.Please you,guys should try & do something about it.Coz i LOVE the DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES show…..

27. Tonie says:

I hate that this is the last season! They need to continue the show! :(

28. valérie migaire says:

hello evry body !!
    moi aussi je suis déçue d’apprendre la fin de desperate housewives. in france we look that ylove it je suis vraiment triste d’apprendre la fin d’une si grande saga!!!! kiss for evry body

29. Rob says:

I don’t know who at ABC keeps killing the best shows on television. Brother and Sisters and now DH. He or she must be smoking crack. Every time they kill a great show, it’s replaced with CRAP that lasts no more than 5 episodes. Every single time.

30. shingirai says:

this is sad news. i love D.H and look forward to watchn it when it airs. i feel it relates to the plights of wives. things will never be the same without these guys. but hats off to you for a job well done!

31. Carolyn says:

Can’t believe all the good shows are going away! You took off Brothers & Sisters and now Desperate Housewives. Probably take off Grays Anatomy next. What’s wrong with you people at ABC? That’s the only channel I watch most of the time. Guess I had better start changing channels, huh?

32. b dan says:

Don’t watch reality (non-real) shows or much tv, but sun nite has been my eve to relax, unwind & really watch DH, followed by B&Sisters, which is now gone. It gives me a great start to the week ’cause I can relate to what’s happening on Wisteria Lane (which state is that allegedly in)? Also, the actresses are top-notch, the actors are good & the writing is terrific and realistic so why discontinue it? Didn’t have cable for over a yr & this was the only show I really missed!!!!!!!Please give it another yr or two if you possibly can. A big fan

33. Sherri moody says:

Eva can’t loose her husband and the show. Come on, please don’t make this the last season. Love the show.

34. Iwin says:

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee dont end my desperate housewives….i need it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. Bisi says:

Desperate Housewives is a lovely TV show, which i have fallen in love wth. Pls dnt let it end in season 8. A job well done…

36. millie says:

My favorite show ever, why the last season? doesn’t make sense. Everyone I know watches it.

37. Talatu says:

i luv d gurls n i dnt wanna miss them so pls let d housewives keep on being
    desperate. The show shldnt end atleast not now

38. Oliver says:

When you say that the final series of Desperate Housewives is on 25 sept is that in the uk or the States?

39. Joe says:

What i haven’t read from anyone who wrote to express their rant about the show being cancelled is the reason it is cancelled was due to the show’s creator – Marc Cherry – saying that he wanted to go out while the show was still on top.
    I understand where he is coming from since this unknown writer sold his concept to both the TV suits and those of us who fell madly in love with the quintet of ladies who made Sunday night at 9pm something to wait for and watch.
    The old cliche that all good things must come to an end…but why
    “Desparate Housewives?” And why now???

40. Ken Hecker says:

Okay, who tagged our dear Teri as “Teri Hatches”? At least get the spelling right. So many call her “Terry.” It’s the little things.

41. Ken Hecker says:

And I remember Kyle MacLachlan (our Orson) having to punch out Miguel Ferrer in TWIN PEAKS. Would love to see that again.