All My Children Stars Field Proposals for Online Continuation, Lucci Reportedly 'Mulling Offer'

After hitting a snag or two along the way, it’s beginning to look more and more likely that All My Children — and eventually One Life to Live — will in fact move to the Internet following their broadcast finales on ABC (airing Sept. 23 and in January 2012, respectively).

Walt Willey (who plays the ever stalwart Jackson Montgomery) broke the news Thursday, when he revealed to Soap Opera Digest that Prospect Park (the production company behind AMC‘s 11th-hour reprieve) has finally begun to approach the actors with new contract offers to take their show online.

Rebecca Budig Opens Up About Her All My Children Future: ‘In My Head, I Have Moved On’

“Prospect Park presented their first proposal,” Willey said. “I’ve only barely scanned the thing … so I don’t fully know the content, but I know this much: Here we go! Obviously, they are going to do this thing.”

But don’t bust out your party hats just yet. Jackson’s portrayer went on to explain that while “this thing” is certainly a step in the right direction, it’s just “an initial step” and will likely be followed by much “going back and forth, like all agreements do.”

AMC‘s Jacob Young Rejoins Bold and the Beautiful

“I’m very excited about it though,” he added. “These folks [at Prospect Park] are innovators and I think they are very smart. I think that getting this up and running by fall was a little on the undoable side, but now it seems that both AMC and One Life will be starting up on the Internet at the same time in January 2012.”

If recent fodder is any indication, Pine Valley First Lady Susan Lucci might actually be considering following the sudser to the web, as well. Our sister site Deadline is reporting that despite speculation that salary cuts would impact the TV-to-web migration, Lucci “has been offered basically the same salary she currently has at ABC… [and] is currently mulling the offer.”

Thoughts on the latest developments in ABC daytime’s real-life soap opera? Are you more hopeful now that both Pine Valley and Llanview are (ever seemingly) headed to the web?

TAGS: , , , ,
GET MORE: Cancellations, Daytime TV, News

1. Andrea says:

I also will not be watching ABC anymore there was a couple shows I enjoyed watching on ABC like Good Morning America and Dancing with the Stars but will no longer be watching these shows. The ABC station will be deleted off my guide. NBC has some good shows starting this season!!

2. Calissa says:

I have been watching this show since like forever! Not everyone has access to the internet, you know. So those people won’t be able to watch these shows anymore! ABC sucks…. I cannot believe that they are doing this to us…. People just don’t care anymore. In a society of overweight people (at least that is what the news keeps reporting), do we really need another food/cooking show?

3. pike8 says:

I agree! I intend to never watch the stupid Chew and I hope all AMC fans follow suit .

4. Michael B says:

Once All My Children is gone, there is only one show left on ABC. That show is Modern Family. I”m going to boycott all of ABC with the exception of Modern Family. Don’t forget to cancel your AMC DVR recordings. You don’t want to capture data for The Chew.

5. jaynedoughe says:

I am looking forward to seeing AMC on line. I am a huge fan and have been for years. To all the stars of AMC; you have made the show so great for so many years and I hope you will continue making so many people happy watching you. Bless you all for not letting your fans down.

6. Bonnie says:

I am so upset that the one show that I truly enjoy watching will be off the air tomorrow. It has been great and I loved watching what happened to the different characters and how they have grown over the years. One thing I have noticed is that these story lines seem to be leaving an opening for them to continue. If AMC goes on the web I will be watchig it as much and perhaps even more. When I have been away I watched it when I could online so going on the Web it will be great. Please, please let this happen.

7. Cathy says:

I will not watch the replacement shows after the last oltl show airs. I have watched AMC since it first started, practically all my life I worked grave yard shifts so that I could be at home during the daytime to watch my soaps, if I had to work during the day, I recorded them, I never missed them. so yes I’m going to follow them wherever they go. and I am so thankful for Prospect Park for them stepping in and trying to save them for us. i will be writing down the name of the products that gets advertised on the commercials up until i watch the last episode of OLTL then i will have a list that i can memorize and remember not to purchase. I PRAY for the new shows to CRASH AND BURN BEFORE THEY CAN CHEW ANYTHING.

8. Teresa says:

Like so many other AMC fans I will not be watching The Chew. I am however excited about the prospect of watching new AMC episodes online, I usually watch it online anyway.

9. Cindi says:

I find myself today watching the last episode of All My Children with tears in my eyes. It’s like saying goodbye to members of my family. There is no way I will watch the chew or any other ABC shows. After today I’m done with ABC!

10. Nicole says:

I am so sad that AMC is cancelled I looked forward to watching it everyday and now I don’t have any shows I enjoy in the afternoon.

11. Alice - Queens New York says:

I was again deeply sadden today as I watched the final episode of All My Children on ABC. I cried the entire show, and also cried seeing the entire cast appear today on “The View”. AMC has been the only soap opera that I have ever watched and that’s why it’s so hard for me to say goodbye. I am one of AMC’s original fans from Day #1, faithfully watching from 1970’s until today (Sept 23, 2011). May this day go down in history! (LOL) Its like my heart has been pulled out. ABC to you, may you no longer have good raitings! Cause they will truly go down, down, down. As of today, no more watching your ABC network for me. Tell me, doesn’t your network realize yet that they made a terrible mistake. From Eyewitness News and Dancing with the Stars, I will no longer be watching them AT ALL. NO WATCHING THE “CHEW”, IT’s GONNA BE A LOSER! Congratulations & “bravo” to Prospect Park! May your financial brainstorm of going online and/or finding another network or cable channel to pickup AMC go all the way. I know you will work everything out, and then watch the copycats follow in your footsteps this money making great idea. But, “Prospect Park” WILL BE THE FIRST GENIUS TO SUCCEED. “Thank you” Prospect Park for keeping my Soap AMC alive. I pray for your success.

12. Mary says:

When I was working I would tape all the soaps on ABC.I’m retired now and watch faithfully. I watched the last TV episode to All My Children, and was disappointed with the ending.It is always ERICA, ERICA, ERICA. She is not Scarlett O’Hara or Elizabeth Taylor. She is not the entire show. Her I have watched the soap since its inception and never did like her. They left us hanging. I continued to watch AMC, because of the other stars and story line. I understand that it will be online, on the Propect Park web site, when and how much will it cost? What is going to happen to General Hospital?

There are enough cooking shows on TV, another is not needed

13. Joann says:

Losing AMC is really really sad it has been a part of my daily (weekday) life for many years and I will miss all those Pine Valley residents. I would like to express my extreme gratitude to those actors that brought so much enjoyment into my life. THANK YOU so much all of you and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors and I will be watching for you in other programs, movies, etc. again, thank you and good luck. And of course, you can bet I won’t be watching the Chew, I am so sick of reality & talk TV and people trying to tell us all what is best for us.

14. Pat Cleary says:

Just what we all wanted, another cooking show. There’s nothing on ABC that I watch now. Keeping my fingers crossed that Prospect Park begins immediate production. There are plenty of fans just waiting to tune in.

15. Sylvia says:

I will be boycotting ABC and sponsors of the chew! No loyalty to fans of AMC means no loyalty to ABC. I will watch AMC online and will start watching Days of Our Lives which shows in the timeslot now occupied by The Chew. Dumb move ABC!

16. Tracy says:

I will not watch abc any longer .. I have blocked the station and will never watch that station again. I cant believe they just dont care and will not listen to us all trying to save the show. I feel horrible for the people who have a hard time with paying bills because now to watch OLTL or all my children show s they have to pay for it .. well way to go abc you really rock.. Its over now and so is my viewing of ANY abc shows..

17. lisa says:

I am so angry at ABC I can barely stand it. There are already too many food, talk, and reality shows on TV. We really didn’t need another one. There is something very sweet and comforting about daytime soaps. They were there for us when we were sick and had to stay home from school. In high school we rushed over to a friend’s house to watch them during lunch period. VCRs freed up our college schedules so we could curl up after a long day and lose ourselves in our favorite soaps. AMC has always been my favorite. I hope the Prospect Park thing is successful. I am so appreciative they’re even attempting this. I will be boycotting The Chew and their advertisers. Hang your head in shame ABC for what you have done to your faithful soap viewers. 41 freaking faithful years. Do you really think The Chew could ever come close to that? Not a chance.

18. Debbie B says:

I agree with every one one of you.. These shows have been in my life and a part of my family since day one. So no more ABC for me..
    How about OZ TV or the OZ channel. Dr. Oz and his daughter (from the chew) are slowly taking over daytime TV… Maybe that is why Oprah would not endorse the soaps staying on the air. I guess she got what she wanted to…
    GOOD BYE ABC!!!!

• Mary says:

You would think that Dr. OZ, would say something about “Another Food Show”, since he is always talking about the how FAT we are getting. Who owns ABC? They should have a direct line so that we can talk directly to them, but Oh No that can’t happen, they let the go for guy to do their talking and dodge all the flak coming into ABC over this. Since we don’t pay for the commercial why should the owners give a heck (better word for what I’d like to say).

19. chandel says:

THE CHEW!! just another VIEW only its about food! those commercials look so corny! and the lady in the glasses has no business doing close ups and her eyes omg!! scary!! i will never watch the chew. eveerrrr!!! all i watch is the news in the am and my soaps!! i really dont know how ABC wouldn’t have known they will lose MILLIONS of viewers behind the cancellations of the soaps. so is general hospital staying????????

20. chandel says:

its so sad! i was once upon a time a devoted watcher of AS THE WORLD TURNS. but guess what THEY TOOK IT OFF AIR!! so i started watching AMC n OLTL! ( as my mom did wen i was a kid) i fell in love! THEY BECAME PART OF MY FRIEND CIRCLE LOL now its like my one of my best friends died on 9/23/11 !!! i dont have the pleasure of watching online!! ##TEAMBOYCOTT!!!!

21. Jackie says:

I am not sure whether I will watch AMC online, but it depends on the cost and the cast they bring to it from AMC. But I definitely will not watch ABC in the future, they cut all my fav shows, I am not doing this to myslef again. I have watched AMC since I was 10 and I feel like I have lost my entire family, I feel like ABC didn’t care about their viewers at all. Its all about the bottom line, I am so tired of all the reality shows, and I agree we do not need any more cooking shows. HOw dare ABC continually advertise The Chew during AMC’s last weeks, that was so tasteless, and cruel, I like the View, but I am done with ABC. I hope The Chew, bombs

22. Karen says:

I agree with everything that all of you have said and I too will also not be watching “The Chew”. Heres to all the AMC fans around the world!

23. Margaret says:

New report says Susan Lucci rejected deal so putting AMC on back burner. I sure hope not. Erica was just one of many great characters and story lines…she did not make the show.

As I am going through my day, I am very sad. AMC is over. It’s like morning a very close friend or family member’s death. Pine Valley was a place you wanted to go, you knew everyone and all their secrets…you felt like you belonged.

This is the only soap I ever watched…and have been watching for 35 years, since I was in high school. It is part of my life. I will/am missing it greatly. Thank you Agnes Nixon for your great story telling.

24. Sharon says:

When will AMC start on Internet and can it be downloaded to computer for later viewing. The reason I ask this is I have been programming both AMC and OLTL so I can watch at night. Most working people do this since they can’t watch during the day. Can you tell how all this Internet thing will work.

• Lisa says:

Right now you can watch on hulu for free. You have 5 days in which to view the programs at any time of the day..and whenever you want. Hulu us awesome. You can also watch on the respective network websites if the show full episodes. Most shows have internet episodes, a few dont. AMC and OLTL have been on hulu for quite a while now. I hope they’ll continue there after PP picks them up. Still can’t believe PP is a Disney network. So is there another division of Disney that isn’t totally money hungry like the dufas ABC exec that thinks we’ll watch another stupid show? Most people I talk to say they can’t stomach the View or another cooking show.

25. Tina says:

Just so you know, Prospect Park is owned by Disney as well.

26. kerinda says:

The Chew, guess someone thought that would rhyme with the View…how original. They should have tried to switch the times or something maybe in the morning or even during the evening when people are off of work. I can not believe ABC use to have such good programming. When i could no longer watch a show of another ABC program, I thoroughly enjoyed,on the internet due to working and my dvr not recording it. I’m watching other channels, still watching the other 2 remaining ABC soaps. I just wonder why the Food Channel didn’t pick up that CHEW, could that be a sign that it will be hard to digest. I still feel this is a conspiracy, my next guess is we will have to pay to watch it on the internet… I expanded my basic cable so I could watch Soap Net when i was off work….next I will have a choice of an extra charge on my internet bill to watch soaps.. Might be best to cancel cable and internet, I lived 20years with out and 20 with, didn’t have all the worries with out. Soaps use to be a way to unwind. I’m thankful for what I’ve seen. BUT much more crappy programming, I’ll do with out it all and order a news paper with the money I’ll save. I do want to thank all the actors and actress who have played on all of the Soaps(ones I’ve watched and not watched) and so sorry for the RAW deal you and your fans have been handed. Just know when God closes one door he opens another.

27. joan johnston says:

I (and my family) will not watch ABC nor buy anything sold on ABC. I will follow AMC anywhere it goes. joan johnston

28. Yvonne Shaw says:

I too will no longer watching ABC, I have been watching the soaps almost all of my life off and on. I think it was in very poor taste of ABC to advertise their new show during the breaks, by the way maybe ABC, people aren’t watching anymore cause you have way to many commercials during the Soaps!!!! I will continue watching online and I hope ABC learns a lesson a guarenteed audience every day but they are throwing it away. FOOLS!!!

29. Lisa says:

Prospect Park – LOVE YOU! Thanks so much for making this happen. Knowing I’ll get to see the old friends that I have spent much of my life with in losing myself in their issues so for a couple of hours I don’t have to think about mine, there is hope.
    I hope all the sponsors that once sponsored ABC will move to your inetwork and sponsor you! YOU R AWESOME!
    To all the amazing AMC and OLTL actors. I hope you will continue with this new arena – you’ve all been wonderful. I hope not to have to miss my favorites, Michael E. Knight, Susan Lucci and many of the other characters/actors on both shows.
    Internet TV is the easiest, best and only way I watch!

30. Robin says:

The decision to cancel AMC is the most stupid move in the history of daytime television. The person behind that decision will live to rue the day he did it. ABC has fouled its own nest. It has been, for years, the network I have most watched. Henceforth, it will be the least.

31. krwhite says:

Where do I start. ABC what are you thinking, that we don’t matter. What works at night does work for daytime. Reality TV works for the summer line up. It is cheaper and necessary. Personally I don’t watch it. I do watch the reruns of primetime. We want real tv for primetime and daytime. I will be watching AMC and OLTL when they start in January. I do hope that many of the cast members will decide to continue. Thank you Prospect for picking up the series. If any one has a list of advertiser for the chew I would appreciate you posting so we can make sure we can adjust our buying. Dr. Oz I will still watch you but please set up a segment on you show for her cooking healthy but don’t think we will follow your daughter on the chew. Our loyalty is to you not ABC. I’M a viewer of AMC and OLTL I will continue. I hope all fans will continue. Thanks for listening.

32. cheri says:

I have been so depressed since amc has been gone, Please , please I hope it moves to the web,. i dont even want to watch abc any more, there are already way to many food shows:[How many of thoes do we need? All thoes characters kept me going everyday, I miss all of thoes actors terribly ,I hope it will be successful and they all come back ! Agnus wrote the best story lines ever!!!! I love you all my children cast please come back soon !!!xoxo cheri Loncar ,Naperville,IL

33. Julia says:

“CHEW” on this ABC,I am joining the boycott and not watching ABC any longer. What moron decided to cancel All My Children and One Life to Live? Big mistake!

34. I am only watching OLTL on ABC daytime. The Chew doesn’t have anything at all to offer me. Constant commercials to advertise it make me sick. Once my favorite soaps (AMC and OLTL) go online I’ll be a happy camper once again. In the meantime I’m avidly watching Bold and Beautiful, Y &R, and Days. It’s amazing how many former ABC soap stars are on these soaps and are a kick to watch. So, adios daytime ABC.

35. Judi says:

I am appalled at the disregard That ABC network has for its viewers. Once OLTL is gone so am I. I watch only Live with Kelly and OLTL on ABC then I turn channel to CBS. That is where the Channel stays until the next day. It has not taken that long for me to figure out the stories on Y and R and Bold and Beautiful which air on CBS. After the stories is when I get busy. How dare ABC/Frons say that we are trainable and will watch the Chew. I gave it the first 5 mins. on the first day and almost barfed esp. with the fat one on the golf corse. ABC has no regard for its viewers so therefore I have no regard for ABC. I really hope ABC goes down in flames.