Fall TV Preview

Office Scoop: Josh Groban to Play Andy's Bro?!

The Office has added another branch to Ed Helms’ increasingly eclectic onscreen family tree.

According to TVLine’s sister site Deadline.com, singer Josh Groban has been cast as — no joke — Andy’s brother.

As we reported earlier this week, 7th Heaven‘s Stephen Collins and E.T.‘s Dee Wallace have been tapped to play Andy’s parents.

For more details on this scoop, visit Deadline.com.

Comments (19)

• LOVE Josh Groban! I can envision his part as the brother who is everything Andy wishes he could be. Better singer, better looking, more accomplished, and a ladies man. The Parents preferred child.

Comment by Kiki – August 18, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All I see when I look at this news is: Andy and Josh duet. Make it so, Office writers.

Comment by R_Patz – August 18, 2011 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if he is Andy’s younger brother, who was named (andy’s father’s name) Jr, because he represented the name better. I don’t remember the exact wording they used in the episode, but “andy”s name was changes after his younger brother was born because they thought the baby fitted the name better. too funny.

Comment by ScottB – August 18, 2011 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Here’s what I hope will happen, no matter how unlikely. Andy is made manager and his parents come to visit him to say that since he’s so successful and his brother isn’t they’re going to change his name back and have his brother be Andy. His brother will be upset at this and come to try and ruin his life. Somehow the office mates or Erin will realize Andy likes being Andy and will help his brother be successful or make Andy look less successful that he really is.

Comment by madhatter – August 18, 2011 03:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Madhatter, I posted this idea in a previous post (I was the first to write in the post), and I got an angry mob cause of it.

LOL. Andy will be manager for sure. He is the only character that is goofy enough, and make us laugh all the time.

Comment by Luis – August 18, 2011 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Probably because it’s such a stupid idea. Try again.

Comment by tripoli – August 18, 2011 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • not a stupid idea! i don’t know how realistic the name changing is but youknow it could happen! you see now, he DID become manager so there! :) I seriously cannot wait for Josh to be on. He would be an awesome Walter Jr.! I hope they sing a duet.

Comment by fluglehorn – September 23, 2011 06:12 PM PDT
  • I KNEW something was up!! Josh tweeter earlier today about how great The Office cast is. Hilarious. He and Ed look nothing alike, but Josh’s sense of humor will fit perfectly in The Office world. I’m pretty sure there’s going to be a duet too!

Comment by Noodley – August 18, 2011 01:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, duet please! I am such a fan of the family they cast for Andy. So much potential for funny.

Comment by Kaye – August 18, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So is it safe to assume Andy is the new manager?

Comment by N – August 18, 2011 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s what I’m thinkingthat all this family stuff is yet another piece of evidence in that direction.

Comment by grag – August 18, 2011 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let this be true only so that they can sing together.

Comment by Elena – August 18, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy already had parents. They were there when he proposed to Angela!

Comment by Rachel – August 18, 2011 02:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s not a big deal, though. They one visited for a breif scene. Plus, the show did the parental switcheroo before, too. Pam’s mom came to visit in an early episode (I think it was the sexual harrassment awareness one) and was played by a completely different actress than the woman who played her mom in more recent episodes (the story arc where Michael dated her).

Comment by Dana – August 18, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am loving this! When Josh Groban was on Glee he was great. He also hammed it up doing the Top Ten on Letterman recently. The potential things they can do with this is off the charts.

Comment by Deena – August 18, 2011 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d like to see him play Augie’s [Chris Gorham] brother on Covert Affairs.

Comment by Templar – August 18, 2011 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will you PLEASE STOP posting information in headers????? Where is the “The Office: Josh Groban to Play …” headline??? Some of us do NOT WANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING IN ADVANCE. Give us the option to click or not.

Comment by Ticked at spoilers – August 19, 2011 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, his guest spot was funny as h*ll on Glee, so I think he could do a good job on The Office. I do expect one thing to happen though. I expect Josh to make a play for Meredith, because as we all know, “throngs of screaming teenagers don’t do it for Josh Groban, no. Josh Groban loves a blousy alcoholic.”

Comment by Amber – August 19, 2011 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one not excited about this? I scrolled to the comments expecting to see other people who felt the same as me, but I guess not. I really really didn’t like Groban’s acting in Crazy, Stupid, Love. He was so dull and delivered all of his lines Shatner-style. I mean, whatever, I’m not terribly unhappy about it, but definitely not excited.

Comment by Lauren – August 19, 2011 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post