Fall TV Preview

Bones' Katheryn Winnick Joins Nikita as…

Booth’s polarizing ex-girlfriend Hannah is back, and Nikita‘s got her!

Former Bones lightning rod Katheryn Winnick has booked a pivotal guest spot on the CW drama, TVLine has confirmed.

She’ll play, Kelly, the athletic, tough, and no-nonsense former partner of Maggie Q’s titular character who has just escaped a high-security prison in Turkey. Kelly blames Division for letting her rot in jail, and since Nikita abandoned her and went rogue, chances are their reunion will be a tense one.

E! Online first broke the news.

Winnick will appear in this season’s fourth episode.

Nikita‘s second season kicks off on Friday, Sept. 23.

Comments (41)

• YESS finally some Nikita backstory. I’m very interested to see how this will all unfold. Also considering she was Nikita’s ex-partner and friend…thanks so much for the scoop! :D

Comment by Jen – August 18, 2011 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dang. I was kind of hoping to never have to see her on tv again.

Comment by Hillary – August 18, 2011 02:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why? She’s smokin’.

Comment by Sg. Grant – August 18, 2011 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to agree.
      I’m trying to forget she was even on Bones lol
      And no surprise my least favorite episode of The Glades this season was the ep she was on. Now I have to watch her on Nikita :/
      She’s pretty & is probably a nice person but I just don’t like her acting. Oh, well.

Comment by Elizabeth – August 18, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m so grateful I don’t watch Nikita.

Comment by Templar – August 18, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s really annoying when fans (mostly fangirls) hate an actor or actress just because they played a character that interfered with a relationship on another show that they wanted together. It’s idiotic.

Even worse is when the fangirls hate a gorgeous actress just because she’s prettier than they are.

I don’t know which one this is, but it’s definitely one of ‘em.

Comment by Nicotine – August 18, 2011 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Or they just appreciate better acting.

Comment by El – August 18, 2011 10:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m not a fangirl, and don’t watch Bones. I just can’t stand Winnick.

Comment by Templar – August 19, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m both a fangirl who hates her for coming between one of my favorite tv couples and a fangirl who isn’t as pretty as she is. :) Great deduction.

Comment by Hillary – August 28, 2011 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see her on the show! I did briefly hear she had some martial arts experience… she can definitely use some of that on Nikita. ;)

Comment by Robin – August 18, 2011 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • well thats one way for the show to tank itself..hire Winnick, for every second she get’s airtime you lose a 100 viewers

Comment by Paul – August 18, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually liked the actress on Bones, I just couldn’t stand the character. So this should be good.

Comment by Lauren – August 18, 2011 02:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to that! <3 Katheryn

Comment by Mitu – August 18, 2011 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “Bones’ Kathyrin Winnick”? No, no. No, no, no. She doesn´t qualify, to be the use of the possessive.

Good luck Nikita fans!! Tank tops and nasal fun times are coming your way soon!!

Comment by ConfusedPlayer – August 18, 2011 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nasal fun times! OMGoodness!!! LMAO! Good one and so true. The one note acting and the annoying tone of voice drove me crazy on Bones, I actually had to stop watching until they got rid of her. It’s hard to be excited about an actress or actor who when working alongside their superiors simply pales in comparison. They made mincemeat out of her on Bones and now she’s here to murder the lines on another show that I love. I guess I should be thankful that its not a recurring role.

Comment by M – August 19, 2011 06:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • FINALLY…. NIKITA BACKSTORY!! WOOOO!! REJOICE!!! and i dont mind the actress.. i just hope she’s a bamf, that can keep up with Maggie Q… the show lacks in that department a bit. Well, I guess Melinda is kinda up there… but it needs more of the bamfness in the women department!

Comment by Rachel – August 18, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really looking forward to seeing Nikita interact with an ex-partner. So damn excited for season two!

Comment by Sabrina – August 18, 2011 02:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg that’s soo cool! Although I HATED Hannah on Bones, I did like Kathryn Winnick so I’m thrilled to hear she’s gonna be on one of my other favorite shows! :)

Comment by BonesFringe – August 18, 2011 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can Season 2 start already? Loving how Nikita’s back story is going to play out. PS more owen please :)

Comment by Taylor – August 18, 2011 02:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its crazy to me how people can be so hateful towards an actor or threaten not to watch a show because they disliked a character the actor played. Hannah wasn’t even evil or anything- I even liked her.
    I hated Ruby from Supernatural but you don’t see me cursing Genevieve’s marriage to Jared Padelecki. Y’all just need to get over yourselves.

Comment by Audrey E. – August 18, 2011 03:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as she is not back on Bones kudos to her lol.

Comment by Maria – August 18, 2011 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As long as they focus on her martial arts expertise and not her acting ability she should do just fine. Saw her on an episode of The Glades. She’s a much better actress when she doesn’t have any lines to say.

Comment by Lisa – August 18, 2011 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unfortunately, for me, I did see Ms. Winnick on The Glades and her acting skills have not improved. Her characterization on either Bones or The Glades did not convince me. Let’s hope the third time is a charm.

Comment by 1mars – August 18, 2011 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Absolutely hated her on both Bones and The Gates. She can’t act her way out of a wet paper bag — she displays no genuine emotion or understanding of her characters. So this casting is, IMO, an Epic Fail.

Comment by Rob J. – August 18, 2011 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t know the actress much but it was her character that was weird on Bones. She was there wayyy to long and made Booth such a d.bag. I hated Booth during this time and only after she was gone did I like him again.

Comment by BJohnson – August 18, 2011 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously! This is an actress, she is not Hannah, that’s a fictional character. Get a grip folks!

Comment by Ciara – August 18, 2011 04:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Katheryn Winnick…and anyway she is a black belt in karate AND tae kwan do, so hopefully she does some actual martial arts (the only time I’ve ever seen her do some was in Killers when she tries to kill Ashton Kutcher)

Some of you haters give Bones fans a bad name! Winnick’s character is gone, no need to continue to hate on her.

Comment by Creejay – August 18, 2011 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just really hope that she doesn’t steal Shane West from Maggie Q. Lol everyone will hate her even more then. I did like her acting in Choose though.

Comment by Michelle – August 18, 2011 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool, i loved her her episode on House, and i hate to say i actually kind of liked on bones too. can’t wait for nikita’s new season to begin!

Comment by Mafalda – August 18, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES! I’ve loved her since Student Bodies and I LOVE Nikita!

Comment by Captain – August 18, 2011 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel sorry for Winnick. Some (not all, but a sizable number) Bones fans seem unable to separate fiction from reality. Good luck to her on Nikita!

Comment by sara – August 18, 2011 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let Nikita keep her too!!! Because I don’t want her to show up on Bones ever again or else I’ll be changing the channel again!!!

Comment by Marie – August 18, 2011 08:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oy, they can have her.

Comment by Rubi – August 18, 2011 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh good, she couldn’t pull off tough, no nonsense reporter so athletic, tough, no nonsense Super Agent should be a piece of cake.

Come on Winnick’s agent – get her jobs somewhere within her range! You’re setting her up to fail.

Comment by ultimate troll – August 18, 2011 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, good for her. Nothing against the actress, but I never want to see her on Bones again, LOL.

Comment by Krista – August 19, 2011 02:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!

She like one of the only actress alive who can actually really do a bamf/hbic that can rival or keep up with Maggie Q. Kathryn Winnick totally fits Nikita. In fact, I hope she stays on as special guest star. Maybe even a regular now that Ja and thom died? Ah, hoping.

I’ve been hoping Winnick will finally get a physically kick ass role that she’s cut out to be. YAY!!!! :D

Comment by Thomaline – August 19, 2011 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • She should go back to Canada and take Ryan Reynolds with her.

Comment by rory – August 20, 2011 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe people actually watch Nikita.

Comment by L – August 22, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I am afraid you’ll eat your words once you do.

Comment by To L – August 23, 2011 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • she hurt the show bones.

Comment by caroline – August 31, 2011 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • don’t be a hater. you should watch “TIPPING POINT” starred by katheryn winnick.. you can see good acting there. can’t wait for this episode. looking forward to a kick ass action.

Comment by wolfsbane – October 2, 2011 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post