Bones' Katheryn Winnick Joins Nikita as...

Booth’s polarizing ex-girlfriend Hannah is back, and Nikita‘s got her!

Former Bones lightning rod Katheryn Winnick has booked a pivotal guest spot on the CW drama, TVLine has confirmed.

She’ll play, Kelly, the athletic, tough, and no-nonsense former partner of Maggie Q’s titular character who has just escaped a high-security prison in Turkey. Kelly blames Division for letting her rot in jail, and since Nikita abandoned her and went rogue, chances are their reunion will be a tense one.

E! Online first broke the news.

Winnick will appear in this season’s fourth episode.

Nikita‘s second season kicks off on Friday, Sept. 23.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop, Spoilers

1. Jen says:

YESS finally some Nikita backstory. I’m very interested to see how this will all unfold. Also considering she was Nikita’s ex-partner and friend…thanks so much for the scoop! :D

2. Hillary says:

Dang. I was kind of hoping to never have to see her on tv again.

• Sg. Grant says:

Why? She’s smokin’.

• Elizabeth says:

I have to agree.
      I’m trying to forget she was even on Bones lol
      And no surprise my least favorite episode of The Glades this season was the ep she was on. Now I have to watch her on Nikita :/
      She’s pretty & is probably a nice person but I just don’t like her acting. Oh, well.

• Templar says:

I’m so grateful I don’t watch Nikita.

• Nicotine says:

It’s really annoying when fans (mostly fangirls) hate an actor or actress just because they played a character that interfered with a relationship on another show that they wanted together. It’s idiotic.

Even worse is when the fangirls hate a gorgeous actress just because she’s prettier than they are.

I don’t know which one this is, but it’s definitely one of ‘em.

3. Robin says:

Can’t wait to see her on the show! I did briefly hear she had some martial arts experience… she can definitely use some of that on Nikita. ;)

4. Paul says:

well thats one way for the show to tank itself..hire Winnick, for every second she get’s airtime you lose a 100 viewers

5. Lauren says:

I actually liked the actress on Bones, I just couldn’t stand the character. So this should be good.

6. Mitu says:

I’m looking forward to that! <3 Katheryn

7. ConfusedPlayer says:

“Bones’ Kathyrin Winnick”? No, no. No, no, no. She doesn´t qualify, to be the use of the possessive.

Good luck Nikita fans!! Tank tops and nasal fun times are coming your way soon!!

• M says:

Nasal fun times! OMGoodness!!! LMAO! Good one and so true. The one note acting and the annoying tone of voice drove me crazy on Bones, I actually had to stop watching until they got rid of her. It’s hard to be excited about an actress or actor who when working alongside their superiors simply pales in comparison. They made mincemeat out of her on Bones and now she’s here to murder the lines on another show that I love. I guess I should be thankful that its not a recurring role.

8. Rachel says:

FINALLY…. NIKITA BACKSTORY!! WOOOO!! REJOICE!!! and i dont mind the actress.. i just hope she’s a bamf, that can keep up with Maggie Q… the show lacks in that department a bit. Well, I guess Melinda is kinda up there… but it needs more of the bamfness in the women department!

9. Sabrina says:

Really looking forward to seeing Nikita interact with an ex-partner. So damn excited for season two!

10. BonesFringe says:

Omg that’s soo cool! Although I HATED Hannah on Bones, I did like Kathryn Winnick so I’m thrilled to hear she’s gonna be on one of my other favorite shows! :)

11. Taylor says:

Can Season 2 start already? Loving how Nikita’s back story is going to play out. PS more owen please :)

12. Audrey E. says:

Its crazy to me how people can be so hateful towards an actor or threaten not to watch a show because they disliked a character the actor played. Hannah wasn’t even evil or anything- I even liked her.
    I hated Ruby from Supernatural but you don’t see me cursing Genevieve’s marriage to Jared Padelecki. Y’all just need to get over yourselves.

13. Maria says:

As long as she is not back on Bones kudos to her lol.

14. Lisa says:

As long as they focus on her martial arts expertise and not her acting ability she should do just fine. Saw her on an episode of The Glades. She’s a much better actress when she doesn’t have any lines to say.

15. 1mars says:

Unfortunately, for me, I did see Ms. Winnick on The Glades and her acting skills have not improved. Her characterization on either Bones or The Glades did not convince me. Let’s hope the third time is a charm.

16. Rob J. says:

Absolutely hated her on both Bones and The Gates. She can’t act her way out of a wet paper bag — she displays no genuine emotion or understanding of her characters. So this casting is, IMO, an Epic Fail.

17. BJohnson says:

Don’t know the actress much but it was her character that was weird on Bones. She was there wayyy to long and made Booth such a d.bag. I hated Booth during this time and only after she was gone did I like him again.

18. Ciara says:

Seriously! This is an actress, she is not Hannah, that’s a fictional character. Get a grip folks!

19. Creejay says:

Love Katheryn Winnick…and anyway she is a black belt in karate AND tae kwan do, so hopefully she does some actual martial arts (the only time I’ve ever seen her do some was in Killers when she tries to kill Ashton Kutcher)

Some of you haters give Bones fans a bad name! Winnick’s character is gone, no need to continue to hate on her.

20. Michelle says:

I just really hope that she doesn’t steal Shane West from Maggie Q. Lol everyone will hate her even more then. I did like her acting in Choose though.

21. Mafalda says:

Cool, i loved her her episode on House, and i hate to say i actually kind of liked on bones too. can’t wait for nikita’s new season to begin!

22. Captain says:

YES! I’ve loved her since Student Bodies and I LOVE Nikita!

23. sara says:

I feel sorry for Winnick. Some (not all, but a sizable number) Bones fans seem unable to separate fiction from reality. Good luck to her on Nikita!

24. Marie says:

Please let Nikita keep her too!!! Because I don’t want her to show up on Bones ever again or else I’ll be changing the channel again!!!

25. Rubi says:

Oy, they can have her.

26. ultimate troll says:

Oh good, she couldn’t pull off tough, no nonsense reporter so athletic, tough, no nonsense Super Agent should be a piece of cake.

Come on Winnick’s agent – get her jobs somewhere within her range! You’re setting her up to fail.

27. Krista says:

Well, good for her. Nothing against the actress, but I never want to see her on Bones again, LOL.

28. Thomaline says:

YAY!!!!

She like one of the only actress alive who can actually really do a bamf/hbic that can rival or keep up with Maggie Q. Kathryn Winnick totally fits Nikita. In fact, I hope she stays on as special guest star. Maybe even a regular now that Ja and thom died? Ah, hoping.

I’ve been hoping Winnick will finally get a physically kick ass role that she’s cut out to be. YAY!!!! :D

29. L says:

I can’t believe people actually watch Nikita.

30. caroline says:

she hurt the show bones.

31. wolfsbane says:

don’t be a hater. you should watch “TIPPING POINT” starred by katheryn winnick.. you can see good acting there. can’t wait for this episode. looking forward to a kick ass action.