CSI: NY Premiere Photos, Part 2: 'You See the Love that Mac Had' In His Life

On the heels of TVLine giving you a lump-in-your-throat first look at one of the Sept. 11, 2001 flashbacks featured in the Season 8 premiere of CSI: NY, CBS has released a slew of other images from the emotional hour — including a few showing us how happy and in love Mac was with his wife, Claire (guest star Jaime Ray Newman, Eureka).

“What’s kind of beautiful about seeing a flashback with him and Claire is not so much to see the woman that he was with and feel that heartbreak of knowing she passed away on that day,” executive producer Zack Reiter tells TVLine, “but more to see the smile on Mac’s face, and the love that he had in those moments.”

Matt’s Inside Line: Learn More About the CSI: NY Season 8 Premiere

Check out a photo gallery of flashback and current-day scenes here:

1. MystryGAB says:

This looks great!!!!

2. Don J says:

I can’t wait. The photos with Gary and Jaime look great. Jaime is a beautiful woman and It looks to me she’s got some good chemistry with Gary.

3. Jess says:

This is going to be bittersweet, to see how happy Mac was and then see him lose that. Can’t wait for Sept. 23! Thanks Matt. :)

4. Lisa says:

Thanks Matt :) this is going to be one emotional episode.

5. Rhylee says:

Awesome pictures. Thanks Matt.

6. King says:

Thanks TVLine!!!

7. laura gibson says:

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! Was hoping someone had sneak peek pics! These
    are AWESOME can’t wait for premiere in Sept!

8. TiminPhx says:

Since it’s been a part of the story line from the beginning of the show, I don’t feel any reservations about the episode.

And having a man of Gary Sinese’s ability and character doing it, will make it hopefully not seem exploitive.

9. brutony says:

JRN is friggin SMOKIN! She was so hot on Eastwick, and hope she goes far-VERY easy on the eyes, of course, but that goes without saying!

10. DL says:

I can already tell I’m going to cry during this episode. I live less than an hour outside Manhattan, and so this will hit very close to home, literally, for me.

11. anastasia says:

Can someone tell me when in austria start the 7 season???
    Sry for my inglish im 13 ;D

12. Ella says:

Um, she is young enough to be his DAUGHTER. Why can’t they ever cast appropriately aged women? Like aging is so awful?

• Don J says:

What is the big deal? Love has no age limit. Mac has dated younger women on the show since the passing off his wife (Peyton and Aubrey)

Also, It’s not like Claire was a college sttudent, she was already the mother of a teenage boy when she married Mac. Claire’s son was introduced a few seasons ago as a blogger.

13. Andrea says:

<<>>

No, Claire died in 2001. She gave Reed up for adoption as an infant, before she even knew Mac. Reed was in his teenage years when he and Mac first met, which was a good 5-7 years after Claire died. At the time of her death, I’d guess that Reed was likely somewhere between 9-12 years old. He definitely wasn’t a teenager then.

14. broadwayfan says:

I have waited for this ever since the first episode when Mac went to Ground Zero at the end of the episode.
    This is going to be powerful!
    Gary is such an amazing actor. And considering how he feels about the first responders, and everything that has been done since that day, he has strong feelings about this.
    CSI:NY is the perfect program to do this tribute.
    I’m going to be a mighty big mess!!

15. Lydie says:

Here in Belgium we have to wait quiet a while for season 8 !
    So, have fun America, I’ll be waiting patiently !!!
    By the way, I am a huge fan of Gary !!!

16. joAnn says:

I have followed every season. I cant wait for u to come back on this season. I know u all will be great as always. Just one wish please bring stella back. I think that u matt and stella would be great together.

17. mary says:

THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST SEASON. IT HAS TO BE THIS SHOW WAS ON THE BUTCHER BOX TO GET CUT. THIS SEASON HAS TO BE THE BEST .I CANNOT GO THROUGH ANOTHER THIS WIL BE THE LAST ONE!!!GREAT PIC :}

18. Cathy says:

It’s not an offer of discount leather goods, but it’s spam all the same. Be gone!

19. Matt Webb Mitovich says: