TVLine Items: 24 Alum Is CSI: Miami's New Big Bad, ABC Sitcom Scores SNL Vet, and More

Where’s Jack Bauer when you really need him?

24 vet Carlos Bernard is bringing the bad to CSI: Miami this fall as a “spectacularly wealthy, season-long nemesis” for David Caruso’s Horatio Cane, TVGuide.com reports.

Bernard’s yet-to-be-named character is described as “Donald Trump meets the Kennedy family,” a ruthless political patriarch using his clout to keep his serial-killer son out of trouble with the law.

CSI: Miami‘s 10th season premieres Sunday, Sept. 25 at 10/9c on CBS.

Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…

30 Rock funnyman Chris Parnell has been added as a recurring player opposite former Saturday Night Live costar Ana Gasteyer on the promising new ABC comedy Suburgatory, E! Online reports.

• NBC’s The Playboy Club will channel its inner American Dreams by casting present-day musicians as performers of yesteryear. According to EW.com, Colbie Caillat is the first popstar traveling back in time, performing the classic hit “It’s My Party” as famed singer Lesley Gore. Playboy Club launches Monday, Sept. 19 at 10 pm.

• Raspy-voiced Harvey Fierstein (Independence Day) will appear in the fourth episode of The Good Wife’s coming season as “a liberal, ex-hippie type” judge presiding over Alicia’s case, per EW.com. CBS’ Good Wife returns on its new night Sunday, Sept. 25 at 9 pm.

• Fresh off of her big-screen success with last weekend’s The Help, Viola Davis is said to be eying the lead in a new HBO drama. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the series centers on “the corruption of a city as seen through the eyes of the headmaster of an exclusive prep school.” Davis is poised to executive-produce as well.

• The TV Academy Foundation’s Emmy Auction (benefiting education initiatives) has officially launched, and up for grabs is Matt Bomer’s autographed fedora from USA Network’s White Collar, as well as an oversized House tennis ball signed by Hugh Laurie. Take a peek at all of the goodies at this link, and get to bidding!

Which TVLine Items have you talking today?

Comments (7)

• Why do actors I love star on shows I hate?

Comment by Sam – August 17, 2011 11:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so happy for Viola Davis, she’s a great actress…. hopefully the show is good.

Comment by Gerald – August 17, 2011 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ewwwwww

Comment by L – August 17, 2011 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Like the premise of including musicians in the PBC as throwbacks, but aren’t they trying for a bit much? This show is by no means a sure thing, even though I’m highly anticipating it.

Comment by Danielle H – August 17, 2011 05:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad to have Carlos Bernard back on the screen. Thanks for the yummy pic.

Comment by Trace – August 17, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. Carlos was one of my favorites throughout 24. Can’t wait to see the new season!!

Comment by Tiffany M – August 18, 2011 11:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • hey there and thanks on your information ? I have definitely picked up something new from proper here. I did alternatively experience some technical issues the usage of this site, as I experienced to reload the website lots of times previous to I may get it to load properly. I had been brooding about in case your web host is OK? No longer that I am complaining, however slow loading cases occasions will often have an effect on your placement in google and can injury your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am including this RSS to my email and could glance out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you replace this once more very soon..

Comment by Download free songs online – December 10, 2012 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post