TVLine Items: 24 Alum Is CSI: Miami's New Big Bad, ABC Sitcom Scores SNL Vet, and More
24 vet Carlos Bernard is bringing the bad to CSI: Miami this fall as a “spectacularly wealthy, season-long nemesis” for David Caruso’s Horatio Cane, TVGuide.com reports.
Bernard’s yet-to-be-named character is described as “Donald Trump meets the Kennedy family,” a ruthless political patriarch using his clout to keep his serial-killer son out of trouble with the law.
CSI: Miami‘s 10th season premieres Sunday, Sept. 25 at 10/9c on CBS.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• 30 Rock funnyman Chris Parnell has been added as a recurring player opposite former Saturday Night Live costar Ana Gasteyer on the promising new ABC comedy Suburgatory, E! Online reports.
• NBC’s The Playboy Club will channel its inner American Dreams by casting present-day musicians as performers of yesteryear. According to EW.com, Colbie Caillat is the first popstar traveling back in time, performing the classic hit “It’s My Party” as famed singer Lesley Gore. Playboy Club launches Monday, Sept. 19 at 10 pm.
• Raspy-voiced Harvey Fierstein (Independence Day) will appear in the fourth episode of The Good Wife’s coming season as “a liberal, ex-hippie type” judge presiding over Alicia’s case, per EW.com. CBS’ Good Wife returns on its new night Sunday, Sept. 25 at 9 pm.
• Fresh off of her big-screen success with last weekend’s The Help, Viola Davis is said to be eying the lead in a new HBO drama. Per The Hollywood Reporter, the series centers on “the corruption of a city as seen through the eyes of the headmaster of an exclusive prep school.” Davis is poised to executive-produce as well.
• The TV Academy Foundation’s Emmy Auction (benefiting education initiatives) has officially launched, and up for grabs is Matt Bomer’s autographed fedora from USA Network’s White Collar, as well as an oversized House tennis ball signed by Hugh Laurie. Take a peek at all of the goodies at this link, and get to bidding!
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?