Fall TV Preview

The Good Wife First Look: Lisa E's in the House!

No, this isn’t a still from an upcoming horror film starring Lisa Edelstein and Josh Charles. It’s a shot of the pair hamming it up between takes on the set of CBS’ The Good Wife, where House‘s former leading lady is playing a morally flexible lawyer with ties to Charles’ Will.

Edelstein tweeted the image Wednesday afternoon from the show’s New York set. “I have to say, [Josh] really makes the workplace a nice place to be,” she cracked of her ex-Sports Night co-star. Charles tweeted back a similarly hostile pic with the caption, “I forgot how much I enjoyed working with Lisa.”

Call me crazy, but I think someone is enjoying her new day job.

Comments (111)

• Lool funny pic! Lisa Edelstein is just great! Love her! She is great!
    Can’t wait to see her on TGW!!! Yay!!!

Comment by Lia – August 18, 2011 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Smart people – using social media to incite enthusiasm instead of hostility. She & Josh seem to have fun together and that will play well on screen.

Comment by James – August 18, 2011 08:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Eu amei quero ela no elenco fixo de T.G.W, House NEVERMORE!!!! LISA vc tinha q sair daquele lixo faça muito sucesso em T.G.W

Comment by ana – August 18, 2011 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ahhh this is so funny! Love the both of them! I just started watching TGW and it is a fantastic show. Lisa E is going to be a great addition to the cast. I only hope she stays longer than the 3ep arc :)

Comment by Jen – August 18, 2011 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She looks awesome and I love that she’s having fun. I will certainly continue to follow her work. She quite talented and engaging.

Comment by MystryGAB – August 18, 2011 10:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TGW wasn’t popular in Europe before news about LE. I decided to watch the show and really like it. They have smart screenwriters and talented actors! We’re waiting for new season, and these pictures are cute. Thanks, Mike!

Comment by Andrew – August 18, 2011 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • TGW wasn’t popular in Spain at all and now is being commented in tv and press. Glad she will give this show some publicity

Comment by Maria – August 18, 2011 02:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s pleasant to see how supportive actors can be. A rare thing now! LE is gorgeous as usual. House people didn’t appreciate her, it’s a a pity!

Comment by Max – August 18, 2011 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is it September yet? I am so grateful to Lisa Edelstein for getting me “released” from House and introducing to TGW. Now I can’t get enough, what a brilliant show, and I almost missed it. So glad she got a vehicle worth her talent. You go, girl!

Comment by Maria – August 18, 2011 11:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll move-on from House, too. They destroyed his character with that finale, and now I can’t root for that guy anymore! I need to find a new show and Lisa Edelstein is enough for me to try The Good Wife. She’s a great lady! Keep the news of her coming.

Comment by Shamley – August 18, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ya, think? They ruined his character and made it so much easier to look at other shows. I’m happy to follow LE. What a beauty! And so funny. I can’t wait to see what her character will be like.

Comment by LucyG – August 18, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am soooo looking forward to seeing her on TGW! This is a great tease. I’m glad this new cast is appreciating her.

Comment by Jo – August 18, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It is great to see Lisa having fun and can’t wait to see her on TGW.

I will really miss her on “House” and hope she finds her way back there.

Comment by Karen – August 18, 2011 03:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m SUPER excited to see LE on TGW! My favourite actress of my favourite show? A dream come true!

Hopefully she’ll become a series regular :)

Comment by Zos – August 18, 2011 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see her in TGW! Very exciting. I hope she keeps posting photos.

Comment by Caroline – August 18, 2011 04:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is one of a kind. She has an organic beauty and such a great talent. It sounds like TGW team realizes what a prize they got when they signed her on. She deserves the best. She will give a killer performance, as she always does.

Comment by Saban – August 18, 2011 04:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That September will come soon, to see Lisa in action. She’s beautiful too :)

Comment by nádia – August 18, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy, happy, happy to see Lisa having fun on the set of Good Wife. The show is great and she will be a superb addition to a classy cast and crew. Can’t wait for September now.

Comment by Carol – August 18, 2011 05:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE LOVE THIS. thank you aus

Comment by me – August 20, 2011 01:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice to see such lovely pics, they seem to have fun! can’t wait to see her in this show!

Comment by doddle – August 20, 2011 04:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will looks like Mr Burns from the Simpsons.. He is so unattractive! That’s why i won’t watch TGW anymore.. Alica/Will are GROSS!

Comment by shutup – August 21, 2011 07:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She should have stayed on House!

Comment by jade – August 21, 2011 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If the NBCU suits had offered Lisa an appropriate deal, I think she would have stayed at “House” because she loved that gig. However, they chose to insult her with a low ball offer and she took the proper course and left the show rather than submit to the professional insult. She is looking out for her career and her integrity, who can blame her.

I wish Lisa well in her new arc on “The Good Wife.” Certainly, “House” will be the poorer for her absence.

Comment by Carol – August 22, 2011 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy for LE and me. She’s now on a show I’ve never watched and never will watch and for this I am eternally grateful. Seasons 8 is awesome. I’m loving the new women, the cases, and the House/Wilson. I just hope they extend LE’s contract through the whole season so we can both be happy.

Comment by NoMoreLE – November 1, 2011 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post