The Sing-Off 16 Revealed: Who's Back for More?

NBC has announced the 16 a cappella groups that will be competing on The Sing-Off, which returns for its third season on Monday, Sept. 19, at 8/7c and will now air two hours at a pop. Do you spy any hometown favorites?

Former 98 Degrees boy bander Nick Lachey will once again serve as host, while this year’s panel of celebrity judges will be populated by Sara Bareilles, Ben Folds and Shawn Stockman.

Here now, the 16 groups — including a few familiar faces looking to take another crack at the championship. (Editor’s note: Keep your sunglasses handy for when The (very) Yellowjackets pop up in Slide 3.)

1. bettyd says:

I liked the December 5/6 week format! It was great when all shows are in repeats and this simple show was on. I hope it is a quick season, since it will get killed by Simon Cowell and the X Factor in the same category.

• Dwayne says:

I doubt it will get killed by X Factor. I think it will succeed as it normally does because there is no music competition on TV now like it. With the expanded season, we get to see more groups showcased and get to see them tackle different challenges. It will be a blast!!

2. Sam says:

They could post that picture of Nick Lachey on a robot and have it host the show. No one could tell the difference.
    I’m definitely watching this season for Sara B.! She’s so funny on Twitter and in concert. Hopefully she’ll bring more of that to her judging than she did with her cookie-cutter sophomore album.

3. eric says:

The Darmouth Aires is a terrific group…love them!

4. Rob (class-of-2000-tone) says:

While I don’t see The Sing Off surpassing The X-Factor in ratings, there’s enough of a niche market of a cappella lovers for it to stick around. I just hope the new 2 hour format doesn’t mean extra slow zooms, overly suspenseful music, and drawn out judges’ decision interrupted by even more commercial breaks (such as Biggest Loser and Minute to Win It). Sara B. should be better than Nicole S. whose feedback was about as helpful as Randy’s (“You did your thing dawg”). If so, the Sing Off will out-judge Idol and X-Factor. Go Deltones! dftg

5. Beth says:

The Deltones are a fantastic group!

6. JBR says:

The Rochester Yellowjackets are awesome. Look out for them.

7. Debbie the Mom-Tone says:

DELTONES FOREVER!!! I am so proud of you all!! Simply can NOT WAIT until the Sing-Off begins!

8. Brett says:

Danny Rubenstein in the hottest jew I know. Woooooooooooooooo

9. Marlee says:

Messiah’s Men !!! They have great harmony….Awesome…

10. Leslie says:

Love my Deltones from UD. You guys make us Oldtones proud!!! DFTG!!!!!

11. Kathy says:

GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!!

12. Megan says:

I am SO excited for Delilah!!!! A compilation of all the best chick singers from the previous seasons. Should be awesome! But they don’t have that beat boxing chick. So we’ll have to see how well they do.

13. Mr. Bison says:

Let’s go Afro Blue!!!!!

Show them what Howard’s all about! We know you’re amazing, now show the world. We’re behind you all the way!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHH UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

• Ms. Bison says:

YOU KNOW!!!!!!

I’m soo excited for Afro Blue!!! They are an amazing group and I love this show!! I will definitely be watching this season and rooting for them to take the title!! HU is definitely behind you!!

• Chief Mom says:

I’m so excited about AFRO-BLUE, they are a blessed group of singers….everyone in the DMV (DC, Marykand and Virginia) will be tuned in, if it’s left up to me….
        GO AFRO-BLUE!

14. ARed says:

This year the nation will see an epic outbreak of Yellowjacket Fever… I CAN”T WAIT!

15. sue says:

Urban Method is amazing and so talented. Awesome harmonies, dazzling arrangements! Love your edginess!

16. PFR says:

GO YELLOW JACKETS!!
    You are so wonderfully talented and we can’t wait to have the world get to know you and love you like we do!!! Let the Sing Off begin!!!

17. Dee says:

YESSSSS :) So excited!

18. bing says:

gogo kinfolk 9…you must be the one..

19. TLU says:

GO URBAN METHOD!! There is nothing else like them, bringing a new sound to a cappella.

20. Melissa says:

i just love the clothes, it makes the show even better to watch!
    love it! i am glad it’s coming back, but i think i will miss the christmas/holiday feel of the show

21. Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it
    was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an
    aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers? I’d
    certainly appreciate it.

22. Keith says:

Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the
    other person’s weblog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.