The Sing-Off 16 Revealed: Who's Back for More?

NBC has announced the 16 a cappella groups that will be competing on The Sing-Off, which returns for its third season on Monday, Sept. 19, at 8/7c and will now air two hours at a pop. Do you spy any hometown favorites?

Former 98 Degrees boy bander Nick Lachey will once again serve as host, while this year’s panel of celebrity judges will be populated by Sara Bareilles, Ben Folds and Shawn Stockman.

Here now, the 16 groups — including a few familiar faces looking to take another crack at the championship. (Editor’s note: Keep your sunglasses handy for when The (very) Yellowjackets pop up in Slide 3.)

Tags: ,

Comments (29)

• I liked the December 5/6 week format! It was great when all shows are in repeats and this simple show was on. I hope it is a quick season, since it will get killed by Simon Cowell and the X Factor in the same category.

Comment by bettyd – August 16, 2011 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I doubt it will get killed by X Factor. I think it will succeed as it normally does because there is no music competition on TV now like it. With the expanded season, we get to see more groups showcased and get to see them tackle different challenges. It will be a blast!!

Comment by Dwayne – August 16, 2011 08:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They could post that picture of Nick Lachey on a robot and have it host the show. No one could tell the difference.
    I’m definitely watching this season for Sara B.! She’s so funny on Twitter and in concert. Hopefully she’ll bring more of that to her judging than she did with her cookie-cutter sophomore album.

Comment by Sam – August 16, 2011 08:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Darmouth Aires is a terrific group…love them!

Comment by eric – August 16, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I don’t see The Sing Off surpassing The X-Factor in ratings, there’s enough of a niche market of a cappella lovers for it to stick around. I just hope the new 2 hour format doesn’t mean extra slow zooms, overly suspenseful music, and drawn out judges’ decision interrupted by even more commercial breaks (such as Biggest Loser and Minute to Win It). Sara B. should be better than Nicole S. whose feedback was about as helpful as Randy’s (“You did your thing dawg”). If so, the Sing Off will out-judge Idol and X-Factor. Go Deltones! dftg

Comment by Rob (class-of-2000-tone) – August 16, 2011 10:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Deltones are a fantastic group!

Comment by Beth – August 16, 2011 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Rochester Yellowjackets are awesome. Look out for them.

Comment by JBR – August 16, 2011 12:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • DELTONES FOREVER!!! I am so proud of you all!! Simply can NOT WAIT until the Sing-Off begins!

Comment by Debbie the Mom-Tone – August 16, 2011 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Danny Rubenstein in the hottest jew I know. Woooooooooooooooo

Comment by Brett – August 16, 2011 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • His Jew nose is to die for!

Comment by Ernesto – August 16, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He’s pretty cute, but I tend to play favorites with Johnny G. of the YJs….He’s pretty hot.

Comment by Dee – August 20, 2011 11:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • and he is all mine. haha.

Comment by Dee – August 20, 2011 11:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Messiah’s Men !!! They have great harmony….Awesome…

Comment by Marlee – August 16, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love my Deltones from UD. You guys make us Oldtones proud!!! DFTG!!!!!

Comment by Leslie – August 16, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!! GO FANNINS!!!!

Comment by Kathy – August 16, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with you! I checked them out on youtube and they are one VERY talented family! They have my vote!

Comment by Mitch – August 16, 2011 09:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am SO excited for Delilah!!!! A compilation of all the best chick singers from the previous seasons. Should be awesome! But they don’t have that beat boxing chick. So we’ll have to see how well they do.

Comment by Megan – August 16, 2011 09:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Let’s go Afro Blue!!!!!

Show them what Howard’s all about! We know you’re amazing, now show the world. We’re behind you all the way!

HHHHHHHHHHHHHH UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Comment by Mr. Bison – August 17, 2011 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YOU KNOW!!!!!!

I’m soo excited for Afro Blue!!! They are an amazing group and I love this show!! I will definitely be watching this season and rooting for them to take the title!! HU is definitely behind you!!

Comment by Ms. Bison – August 17, 2011 01:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’m so excited about AFRO-BLUE, they are a blessed group of singers….everyone in the DMV (DC, Marykand and Virginia) will be tuned in, if it’s left up to me….
        GO AFRO-BLUE!

Comment by Chief Mom – August 26, 2011 01:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This year the nation will see an epic outbreak of Yellowjacket Fever… I CAN”T WAIT!

Comment by ARed – August 17, 2011 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Urban Method is amazing and so talented. Awesome harmonies, dazzling arrangements! Love your edginess!

Comment by sue – August 18, 2011 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO YELLOW JACKETS!!
    You are so wonderfully talented and we can’t wait to have the world get to know you and love you like we do!!! Let the Sing Off begin!!!

Comment by PFR – August 18, 2011 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSS :) So excited!

Comment by Dee – August 20, 2011 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • gogo kinfolk 9…you must be the one..

Comment by bing – August 21, 2011 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • GO URBAN METHOD!! There is nothing else like them, bringing a new sound to a cappella.

Comment by TLU – August 21, 2011 09:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just love the clothes, it makes the show even better to watch!
    love it! i am glad it’s coming back, but i think i will miss the christmas/holiday feel of the show

Comment by Melissa – August 22, 2011 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hmm it seems like your website ate my first comment (it
    was super long) so I guess I’ll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I’m
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an
    aspiring blog blogger but I’m still new to the whole thing. Do you have any recommendations for newbie blog writers? I’d
    certainly appreciate it.

Comment by singing lesson in Tiberias – May 14, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Link exchange is nothing else but it is just placing the
    other person’s weblog link on your page at proper place and other person will also do similar in favor of you.

Comment by Keith – May 16, 2013 01:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post