Exclusive

Ask Ausiello: Spoilers on Glee, Bones, Chuck, Castle, Grey's Anatomy, House and More!

Got a scoop request? An anonymous tip you’re dying to share? Just want to say hi? Send any/all of the above to askausiello@tvline.com

Question: Are you OK? That photo of you in the hospital has me on edge! What happened?! —Carol
Ausiello:
That’s really none of your business, Carol. Just because I tweeted a private photo of myself lying in a hospital bed to more than a million people doesn’t give you the right to ask me such invasive questions. Now make yourself useful and buy me something off my get-well registry.

Question: Just wondering if you had any info about Kurt and Blaine on this season’s Glee. I hear they’re not breaking up, but I’d like to know what they are up to. —Allie
Ausiello:
Kurt spends a decent portion of the season premiere urging his teenage dream to transfer to McKinley. Given Darren Criss’ new series regular status, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before Blaine gives into the pressure.

Question: Do you have any hints on what’s to come on the new season of Glee, especially for Santana? —Ghislaine
Ausiello:
Santana is made captain of the Cheerios, but she’s a little bent out of shape when Sue informs her that she’s got a co-captain — and that person’s not too keen on sharing either.

Question: Is Tina a senior on Glee? I’m reading conflicting reports. —Allison
Ausiello:
According to Tina’s portrayer Jenna Ushkowitz, she’s a junior. Her boyfriend Mike Chang, however, is a senior — and that could cause some problems for the couple. “I’m definitely excited to see a little bit of conflict,” says Ushkowitz. “I’m excited to see how they deal with that.”

Question: Will we see Booth’s Grandpa (Ralph Waite) on Bones this season? —Sarah
Ausiello:
You sure will. Gramps reappears in Episode 4 when Booth “is faced with a family crisis,” teases exec producer Stephen Nathan. And guess who else is set to return in that very same episode? Go ahead, have a guess. [Beat] Forget it, you’re taking too long. It’s Tina Majorino’s Special Agent Genevieve Shaw!

Want Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Ausiello on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Question: Is Carla Gallo going to be back on Bones as Daisy Wick? —Ed
Ausiello:
Yes, but the status of her relationship with Sweets will remain “ambiguous” in the early going, according to John Francis Daley. “They love each other very much,” he adds. “I have the feeling — I don’t know this for a fact — that their [relationship] will be unpredictable.”

Question: Can I have some Californication spoilers please? —Maria
Ausiello:
Greek‘s Scott Michael Foster recently finished shooting an arc as the new boyfriend of Hank’s daughter Becca, and his head is still spinning. “I’ve never been around any crazy stuff like that [on a series], and it was fun,” he says of his stint, which will air during the show’s fifth season (premiering Jan. 8, 2012). “The whole point of the character is that I’m so similar to Hank, there’s tension between them for the whole season.”

Question: Do you have any Grey’s Anatomy scoop about Callie and Arizona? – Mariana
Ausiello:
With the couple entering a new and relatively drama-free stage in their relationship, Arizona is freed up to take on a charity case: Karev. “Arizona’s storyline [this season] has been more about being the only person that’s behind Karev,” Jessica Capshaw tells TVLine. “At the end of last year, he pissed a couple people off. So this year she’s meant to be an advocate for him, really ushering him into the peds fellowship.”

The Office Spoiler Alert: Look Who’s Playing Andy’s Father!

Question: This is yours in exchange for a Chuck scoop. Also, hope you feel better. —Laura
Ausiello:
I already have a dozen of those, but it’s the thought that counts. And it’s that thought that earned you this scoop: An upcoming episode will feature Chuck and Sarah going on their first Buy More business trip. “It doesn’t sound exciting at all,” executive producer Chris Fedak acknowledges, “but let’s just put it this way — it involves an Embassy Suites.” Still underwhelmed? Fedak reveals that “we will learn much more” of Sarah’s backstory when the show returns.

Question: Chuck spoilage, please? —Jaime
Ausiello:
Ellie and Awesome are going to get more immersed in the spy world in Season 5. “They know about Chuck’s spy life now,” Fedak explains. “They know about the [freelance spy] company. Things have changed. It’s much more of a family story.”

Question: Please tell me you have some news about Make It or Break It. I know the saying is “No news is good news,” but this time I think no news may be bad news. Please tell me ABC Family is bringing it back. —Jessica
Ausiello:
Former MIOBIer Joshua Bowman, who’s now starring in ABC’s new thriller Revenge, is feeling optimistic about the show’s renewal chances. “I think it’ll go another season,” he says. “I’m [still] in touch with a couple of people in the cast. I loved working on it. It’s a great show. I loved the character and everything. But I’m obviously committed now to [Revenge].”

Question: Ausiello!!!! I haven’t heard anything about Castle in a while! What do you have for me?! —Kerri
Ausiello:
You don’t have to scream! I wasn’t hospitalized for excess wax buildup in my ears! In the aftermath of Beckett’s shooting, Alexis will fear for her father’s safety more than ever. And you’ll never guess who bears the brunt of her anger/anxiety? Go ahead, have a guess. [Beat] Forget it, you’re taking too long. It’s Beckett! “There’s definitely going to be some words and heat between Alexis, Castle and Kate Beckett,” says Molly Quinn, adding that Alexis “still respects” Beckett, “but at the same time [it’s like], ‘This isn’t your life. This isn’t your dad. You don’t understand.'”

The Mentalist Exclusive: Melrose Place Alum is Jane’s New Boss!

Question: Since Tamala Jones recently announced that she has become a series regular on Castle, what does that mean for Lanie and Esposito? —Danielle
Ausiello:
Ironically, it could mean their relationship is dunzo. While Jon Huertas (Esposito) confirms that we’ll see “a lot more of [the pair] interacting as a couple” this season, he adds that producers “want to go all the way to where we may break up. It may be because of Ryan and Jenny and their relationship and where they’re going as a couple into marriage. It might make Lanie or Esposito say, ‘Maybe I want to get married’ — and maybe the other person doesn’t.”

Question: Could I get some Castle scoop please? I finally listened to my hairdresser and watched all three seasons this summer and now I cannot get enough. Thanks a thousand Snapples. —Julie
Ausiello:
Castle’s getting a new lust interest! The show is casting the potentially recurring role of a “gorgeous, sexy, sophisticated art insurance investigator” who takes an immediate liking to Cas — and vice-versa. The twist? Ms. Insurance Lady is hiding a surprising past!

Question: Do you know when Olivia Wilde will make her final appearance as Thirteen on House? —Laurie
Ausiello:
I believe it’s Oct. 17. “It’s a really bittersweet episode,” confides a source. BTW, let’s put an asterisk next to the word “final” here. If this does turn out to be House‘s final season, I have a hunch Thirteen may check back in before the end.

Vampire Diaries First Look: Klaus Takes a Bite Out of 7th Heaven‘s David Gallagher!

Question: I was wondering if you had any scoop on how Jason Ritter’s Mark Cyr is going to re-enter Sarah’s life on Parenthood. —Marina
Ausiello:
They’re going to run into one another at school. And by “run into” I mean Mark is going to witness Sarah having a heated confrontation with [spoiler alert], after which the two reconnect. By the way, no one is happier to have Jason Ritter back in the fold than Lauren Graham. “I can’t convey to you how truly special I think he is,” she gushes. “I know that this is just a stop in such a long journey for him, and I feel so lucky and thankful and charmed every day to explore this [relationship] that I’ve never seen [on television before]… It’s rare to see the reality of this age difference explored — especially when the woman is older and it’s not a joke. It’s a real relationship.”

Question: It’s been month since the last Desperate Housewives scoop! Please? —Camilla
Ausiello:
I think you’re exaggerating but I’m too lazy to research your claim so I’ll let it stand. Among the items on exec producer Bob Daily’s DH bucket list: “I really want to try to do a final iconic Halloween episode,” he tells TVLine. “I’d love to devise some chills in the lives of the women because our mystery this year is very dark. So I think Halloween is going to be a time where some of the dark secrets come to the fore.”

Grey’s Anatomy Season 8 Promo: Meredith is [Spoiler]!

Question: Got any Rookie Blue scoop on Sam and Andy? —Bea
Ausiello:
This doesn’t bode well for the will they/won’t they pair: “[Sam’s] really thinking seriously about getting into guns and gangs and going undercover again,” Ben Bass tells us. What could possibly prompt him to step away from his girl Andy? Keep a lookout for our complete Q&A with Bass (and Eric Johnson!) for the scoop.

Question: The new season of How I Met Your Mother is so, so close. Got anything juicy on it? —Rebecca
Ausiello:
Kal Penn debuts as Robin’s shrink and love interest in Episode 4. “Robin comes [to him] to deal with all of these illogical feelings she has for Barney, and then [she develops] illogical feelings for her therapist,” explains exec producer Craig Thomas. “So it picks up from there with them wrestling with, ‘What the hell do you do with that? That’s weird and inappropriate.’ So that’s a fun new thing that Robin has to wrestle with.”

Question: Any intel on where True Blood‘s Jason/Jessica/Hoyt triangle is headed? —Marina
Ausiello:
It’s headed for a major turning point in this Sunday’s episode. Hint: It involves the back of a pickup truck.

Question: Got any scoop on Season 4 of Fringe? —Mena
Ausiello:
The show is casting the role of an intelligent and thoughtful scientist in his 50s who was once viewed as the most daring and innovative mind in his field. Matt Mitovich’s theory (or mine if it proves to be accurate): This is the guy Peter reaches out to to to try to get loved ones to remember him.

That’s a wrap! Please send questions, comments, and anonymous tips to askausiello@tvline.com. Also, you can keep track of my scoops on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello. Thanks for playing! (Additional reporting by Meg Masters and Vlada Gelman)

1. Camilla says:

Noooo, Im gonna miss thirteen!! She was the only good character left in the show I knew she was leaving but not so soon.

• Roxie says:

Agreed. I am really tempted not to watch House now that Thirteen and Cuddy will be gone. I think my curiosity will get the best of me, and I will watch the premiere, but I still think it’s a sinking ship, especially after how awful last year’s season finale was.

• Liz says:

I don’t need Thirteen and even less Cuddy on the show. They both were good for a while, but nah, I’m glad they are gone. I wouldn’t mind Thirteen coming back once more though. Cuddy on the other hand hopefully stays gone. I’m SO sick of her.

• 15 says:

Really? 13 added nothing to me. She felt like a filler character. And just a nice face to look at. .sometimes. I never understood her relationship with Foreman either.

• Rowan says:

I felt the same way. She was filler. And I also didn’t feel the relationship between her and Foreman. She’s either cold or spinning out of control. I would think Foreman would have more sophisticated taste in women.

• Cam says:

Sorry, but I totally disagree. The sooner 13 is gone the better. In my opinion, OW was never a good enough actress to hold her own next to HL and the rest of the cast. Hopefully, her absence will allow more room for better actors, especially Jesse Spencer.

• Lady C says:

Of course if the writers had given her better scripts she may have done a lot better

• Keri says:

Did you see her in cowboys and aliens? The movie was horrible and she was boring and basically stood there doing nothing until the last 20 mins of the movie.

• Sophie says:

@Keri: You do realise that you just commented on the writing of Cowboys and Aliens, and not Olivia Wilde’s acting at all, right? She can’t control the actions of her character, that is the job of the writers.
            In my opinion the writing on House started off as just better than mediocre, and has been getting worse for a while now. The writing team really needs to decide what they want to do with their title character. For the entire series they have been going back and forth between House not caring whether he is physically or mentally stable, him being angry at everything and becoming even more off the hook and him listening to others around him and trying to live well and be happy with what he has (This, of course, lasts for all of two seconds before the writers decide it is “out of character” and pursue another track). I have observed this happen to other characters in the series too, including Thirteen. I would say though that her storyline has been a lot more measured than other characters’.
            My point here is that it is very hard for an actor to project steady character development when there is hardly anything to project from, and that writers need to be recognised by viewers as the people responsible for characters. Although yes, a good character can indeed be ruined by a bad actor, I find that that is an easily jumped to conclusion when indeed most good characters are lost control of by the writers themselves. It is of course a matter of opinion whether Thirteen has a good personality and whether she is portrayed well by Wilde, but there is no doubt that she is not written as well as she could be in terms of both character and narrative.
            Sorry for the long post; I just have a lot of feelings!

• henry hayze says:

why keri, what an objective and enlightening statement! are you f-ing kidding me? you may not like have liked it and thought she was boring, and yes, they absolutely didn’t give her character enough to do, but I loved the movie and thought she did great with what she was given, making her character much more compelling than few lines and odd story she was given. you’re an idiot if you think you can just go off firing blanket statements like that. it seems to me that you’re spiteful of her for some reason. i don’t know why, and i’m not going to judge and say that you are jealous or anything, but when you make statements like that, you absolutely seem to be.

• Carol says:

She was good in the movie The Change Up. I think when her last episode finally does come up House should do what he promised in the episode The Dig put her to rest from Huntington’s. I hope the writer’s are the same wave length.

• Zoey says:

They’ve given her everything a fanfiction writer can come up with. She has been the perfect Mary Sue and that’s why I’m glad she’s gone and heck, do I hope she will not return ever. She’s had every possible story from bisexuality to brain tumor, blindness, a hostage, a special ‘bonding’ with House, drooling collegues who look like idiots next to her on a regular basis, she has street smarts, got childhood flashbacks, and don’t get me started how much screentime she sucked away from the other, far more interesting characters. OW’s not even a good actress. I think Hollywood movies suit her much better than a show about character study. How I miss the times when we learned about Chase, House, Wilson, and Foreman. It was subtle and perfectly balanced. With 13 gone, I hope the writers will stop making one of House’s fellow oh so special and stop writing bad fanfiction altogether.

• Rob says:

I honestly think they should kill of 13 like they killed off Kutner. Or have her commit suicide. She should leave or not come back. She’s gone on to movies now, and the show won’t change much if she leaves. They’re having other girls to join the team, so it shouldn’t be bad.

• Jessie says:

Thirteen *might* return if this turns out to be the last season of House? NOOOO! I was so hoping House was going to get the baseball bat. Hoping that this isn’t going to be the last season now…

• Guess says:

Without Cuddy, I’m not watching House. I don’t care who else comes back or not.

• Alicia says:

Right there with you, but it’s kind of a blessing in disguise. Sitting through House week after week was like pulling teeth and now the misery is over.

• Haha says:

Bye then, the fandom won’t miss you Cuddy fangirls.

• Alicia says:

Ah, yes, the dwindling fandom… comprised largely of the dimwits who still insist House is a good show. Enjoy your company.

• dimwit says:

We shall, now the House has been cleaned up!

• un-holy says:

Oh yes, the obsessive fandom. The “fandom” that spams hate around the internet just because their goddess is no longer on the show. I won’t miss this supposed “fandom” one bit.
            If anything, considering the spoilers I’ve read so far, about the show returning to its basics etc, it seems like it might improve. It seems they were so focused on that horrible Huddy stuff the last few seasons, they had forgotten to focus on the core values of this show.

• @Alicia says:

Just because you lost your faith in the show for whatever reasons doesn`t mean that others can`t enjoy it and *gasp* like it. I don`t take a TV show so serious. I´m enjoying Hugh Lauries portrayal of House, a character who still intrigues me and will watch his journey to the juicy end.
            Your neverending bitter comments every time a house spoiler pops up won`t change my mind, sorry.
            But please do yourself a favour, move on and find another show, which *gasp* you might be able to enjoy.

• Alicia says:

@un-holy Riiiight, any criticism/negative commentary must be “hate spam.” Couldn’t be that it’s obvious the writing has gone to hell. Or that the finale was godawful (guess all the critics/columnists who panned it—easily 90%–are “haters” too?). Guess people who aren’t excited about the same old tropes being replayed (new pyt fellow has “connection” to House) are haters.
            But wait, DS claims the show is getting “back to basics”… without a single original/veteran female cast member (Cam, Cuddy, 13)… with main characters having reduced roles (fewer eps for RSL, Omar and likely Jesse)… with new characters brought to the forefront that viewers are miraculously supposed to care about—in the 8th, maybe last, season. Easy to say they’re returning to “core values” but considering DS can’t even admit the mistakes, and with the same hack writers in tow…
            So analyze your own motives and agenda when you post absurdly positive comments about how S8 is going to be “amazing” and “the best.”

• un-holy says:

WOW! I’m trying to find a part in my comment that says this season is going to be “amazing” or ” the best”. Hmm…no luck there.
            I just said I’m more positive about this season because it’s apparent DS recognized how the show had moved apart from its original formula and wants to return to that.
            Last year around this time, everything spoiler about S7 was what was going to happen for House and Cuddy. No matter how much the Huddies are desperately pulling their hair screaming that that’s what the viewers want to see, that’s not what made the show famous. That’s just what an online shipper fandom wants to see. It hardly makes for the entire House audience.

And, God! It’s like I’m talking to a minor or sth. Do you really think “back to basics” means back to original characters? It had ALL of the original characters until season 6, yet the show had moved far away from its original formula. The “basics” is about how each episode’s scenario is written, how each story is built, not what characters are in it.

And please, don’t try to convince me the hate spam from the last 2 months has been about Moving On or sth. Every hate comment was about how the show “can’t live without Lisa” etc.

I did not enjoy Moving On myself. I wasn’t enraged at House’s actions, however I found them shocking. That doesn’t mean I’m done with the show. And the spoilers still seem far better than they were around this time last year. I mean of course, the spoilers for the stories not the characters who will or won’t be appearing next season. I care more about having the SHOW back, not some characters back. The only character that the show can’t live without is House.

And I can’t understand how people who have been saying “I’m done with the show” for three months, still go around spamming it.

• Alicia says:

^^tl;dr

• John says:

Ooh you’re so good at this stuff! When someone calls you out on your blatantly false comments you pretend you don’t care instead of accepting that you were wrong!

• Alicia says:

^^Uh, blatantly false? It’s called hyperbole. I wasn’t literally referring to the exact contents of “un-holy”‘s (or whatever moniker they’re going by today) comments–just that people of that ilk (who try to discredit opposing opinions as “spam”) also post how “Season 8 is going to be great!”
            Now maybe “un-holy” or “John” have never said that, but one of your other designations probably has.

• un-holy says:

@John – I really find it amusing when people like her change attitudes ONLY when they are obviously out of arguments

• me says:

What a bizarre argument.
            Maybe its time to turn your TVs off, and get some fresh air. ‘House’, fans, characters, plotlines, writers….really, none of it should be enough to incite so much anger and hostility.
            It’s a TV show, people. A TV show-

• to_all_generalising_idiots says:

Learn to speak for yourself, it gives more credibility to your argument. And, by the way, who are you? I bet it takes a burly virile male to faint at sight of Hugh Laurie shirtless and easily filter out the crappy writing. You are a FANGIRL too, like everybody else, just dumber than average.

• un-holy says:

So you are not generalising and calling names when you call people who will still be watching “dumb”?
            At least that person called the other one fangirl based on the FACT that she said she won’t be watching without Lisa. I don’t see how anyone would not come to that conclusion, based on that stament which shows the person’s unreasonable worship for the character. To me, that seems far more intelligent than someone who uses personal offenses which clearly do not seem to be related to anything that has been said by the person who was offended.

• @un-holy says:

A single person who gives out emotional directives on behalf of entire virtual community, using a derogatory (in her mind) term, is a moron by definition, there is nothing intelligent about logical illiteracy loaded with malice. And the person who is knowingly and obviously twisting the logic just to support his argument is a hypocrite. That would be you. There is a huge difference between generalizing and character attribution, but looks like that doesn’t bother you at all, as long as morons who you are supporting share your point of view.

• un-holy says:

The difference between the person’s derogatory term and your personall offensive comment, is that the person’s characterization is completely based on evidence, since the other one has shown her worship for the character in her comment. On your offence, I still fail to see the relation between a derogatory comment made on plausible evidence and the intelligence of a person. If the fan and the ones who think the same as her didn’t want to be called a fangirl, then she shouldn’t have made such an obvious fangirl comment. I still don’t understand how the other one deserves to be characterized as dumb for stating the obvious.

And thanks for calling me a hypocrite for just responding to your comment, it gives your arguments greater reliability being offensive to me now.

• @un-holy says:

Yep, that’s exactly what I was talking about. Thank you for proving my point. Yet again.

• Nickel says:

Cuddy fans really need to find another heroine. Cuddy was the most selfish, controlling creep I have seen in TV in years. No wonder Lisa Edlestein quit, she had to have hated her character….I know I certainly did. The Cuddy character completely defined herself by the fact that she controlled House. If you really look at her decisions about House, she made them conditionally and only so she could use them to manipulate House into doing what SHE wanted him to do. Not to mention the fact that she called House selfish….considering the fact that he could have had her medical license with her completely UNETHICAL surgery on him yet didn’t. ODD. However the icing on the cake is definitely the fact that he accepted her as she was (completely unable to open up to anyone about anything personal) and never judged her nor tried to change her, however she judged him on his inability to open up at every opportunity. At least when he did allow his grief to affect him, he could prove that it was a complete disaster….emotional trauma can certainly be a nasty little problem. Ugh Cuddy did not leave soon enough……

• Nickel says:

Not to mention Wilson really needs to grow a spine and learn how to mind his own business…..I definitely agree with House when he says that Wilson is “more screwed up than him”. Every bad thing Wilson does is in secret. Nor does he ever own up to any of it. The other odd fact about Wilson is the lack of remorse for any of the conspiracies that he and Cuddy have put up in front of House. I hope he is the new DoM at least that will change the messed up friendship he and house have. House really is better off alone.

• J Kane says:

I’m right with you there! I don’t understand why anyone would want to get involved with this programme which is jut a vehicle for H.L. to promote himself through playing a self-obsessed obnoxious egotist surrounded by drippy admirers.

• Sam says:

Yeah, TPTB can only feign so much optimism about the show’s future. Her departure is just another nail in the coffin, yet they act like there are great things on the horizon. What exactly is the plan?

1.) Churn out sh-t scripts
      2.) Screw up the cast
      3.) ???
      4.) Profit!

O_o

• Alex says:

Wow, this is my lucky season, first they get rid of Lisa Edelstein (I’ve never liked Cuddy) and now Olivia Wilde (who can’t even act), bring it on.

• michelle says:

Lets face it, House has jumped the shark. They are scrambling to put together a sucky last season. Cuddy nor 13 should be leaving. Im embarrased to call House my favorite show anymore. I would much rather last season be a cliffhanger and call it quits with that episode than to write crap. As for Glee, I dont know who these new characters are, sugar and sheila and dont really care. I thought they were all seniors because Finn wouldnt be on the varsity squad as a QB as in first season. Also there would have been no prom queen episode as you have to be senior for that as well. Quinn wouldnt be head cheerleader unless she was a senior, but I hope she was, and is leaving bc I despise her. She adds zero to the show. As for Santana, she is the only one with any depth and I think RM most remarkable writing came with her being a lesbian and Kurosky being gay, which I hope both come out this season. By watching RM on the Glee project, his britches are getting awfully big, he is an ass and is going to cause Glee to be the next awesome show to jump the shark. Glee and House have been the best TV in a long time. I have a sick feeling about RM fn it all up for Glee.

• chiara says:

House has jumped the shark, yes, but 4 years ago

• Russ says:

Finn could have been QB when he was a sophomore, my high school football had it the same way, we sucked and only won like two games but im pretty sure mckinnely team sucks too. And with Sue as cheerleader coach anyone she wanted could be head cheerleader, you don’t have to be a senior (but if you do then i would say its a tv show where they burst into song do you actually think its supposed to be real life). But I agree with you on Santana she is my fav.

2. Cristina says:

Sounds like Castle has way too much going on this season. It’s (slowly) starting to sound like a different show.

in short, my response is “WTF!?”

• Sally says:

Well the show IS called Castle after all. But I’m sure they’ll round it out nicely :)

• Bruce_F says:

If Castle is too deep and intricate for you, may I suggest Bob Ross’ Joy Of Painting on DVD? XD

• Claudia says:

I agree with you .I miss the fun , the banter and flirt from the first 2 seasons. It seems that this season (like season 3) will be just more angst and obstacles (SOs , Alexis ) . This show used to be funny , now they are just playing the bones card , dragging and dragging and is getting old really fast.
      The problem is that castle doesn´t have american idol as a lead in and this season it will have big competition (smash ,hawaii 5-0) so my guess is that ratings will go downhill .

• allie says:

I did NOT like what I just read about him having a new lust interest… but then again, if Beckett is going to go a few more rounds with the dr, why not?

• Suncatcher says:

Allie, I agree. Then again, it looks like the Castle writers learned nothing from the Bones writers after they tossed the Hannah bone to Booth – and promptly lost a ton of viewers. Deja voodoo…

• Aiswarya says:

I think Castle season 3 was amazing! Def. not draggy. And there were SO many funny moments.
          And well, it said ‘lust’ interest, NOT ‘love’ interest. Let’s see how it pans out! It’s always fun to watch jealous Beckett, unlike Brennan, who (let’s face it) is great and all, but is getting kinda boring.
          I agree, I kind of felt weird about the Alexis thing when I read it first. Sounds like season 4 will be a lot more serious but who knows? The main reason people watch Castle is for the fun, and the writers know it. I’m sure the writers will find a way to work the fun we’re used to into the storyline! :) Maybe the mixture of fun and serious will make it all the better.

3. Michael says:

Seems like there will finally be some nasty between Chuck and Sarah. It’s been two seasons too long already!

4. Ryan says:

Santana is captain of the Cheerios *lame*. The Brittana fandom must be freaking out right now haha. Could co-captain could be new LI? I mean lets not pretend we don’t already know Heather ships Bartie with a passion… looks like her campaign worked.

• JDHetherington says:

The Co-Captain will be Becky. Sue said she will be captain of the cheerios next season at the end of Season 2. :)

• Lilly says:

Yeah, but from the sounds of it. It sounds like it won’t be Becky.

• rowan says:

I hope it is Becky. In the past season we’ve seen her have a bit of a mean and selfish streak from hanging around Sue too much. Having her be a mean girl and making life hard on Santana would be great. If Becky is the captain – and if their school history continues to repeat – that will make her very popular. It would be great to see a character with a mental disability portrayed in a non “aren’t-they-so-sweet-and-chidlike” way. I want to see Becky be the Queen Bee!

• Lillly says:

Yeah, but from the sounds of it. It sounds like it wont be Becky.

• SC says:

That wouldn’t be new information, so it’s almost certainly not Becky. Plus, there’s no way they’re going to pit Santana in uber-bitch mode against a girl with Down’s Syndrome.

• Steve T says:

Why would Santana go back to Cheerios? Personally, with all due respect to Jane Lynch, they should disband the Cheerios and send Sue on her way. RM jumped the shark with her character a long time ago. He didn’t know what to do with her popularity and made her so “out there” that she is no longer funny nor germaine to the show.

• S says:

From the looks of it, the Co-captain is the new character Sugar.

5. tahina says:

Mike, you just broke my <3 with Castle spoilers. Where is Beckett in all this? Im looking at you Marlowe!!!

• Lisa Stratton says:

Beckett depresses me, Castle makes me smile. Unless they fix Beckett’s character, less is better as far as I am concerned.

6. V says:

AHHHHH!! When is the Q and A going to be up Rookie Blue?!?! I can’t wait to read it and find out more!

• Ryan says:

It’s seriously been months between scoop here and on the frenemy site and in going crazy. I *need* Andy and sam together. We already know it’s a bit of a pipe dream with them casting a love interest for Andy next season but I still hold out hope they’ll be together in the end (aaaaand we can watch some of that alone time). Their chemistry has been off te charts the last few episodes. Thanks for the scoop ausiello. I was starting To go crazy!

• Ange says:

Shows how perceptions differ because I hate Andy and Sam together. He’s much too sleazy for me to like.

I liked her with Luke but they blew thorugh that too fast.

• Ryan says:

That’s why I never liked them together. It was way too fast to be believable and while he is gorgeous and his character was adorable but they’ve done everything in the writer’s room they can to make Luke a sleazebag (and it’s worked).
          I just wish there were more than 13 episodes so characters could be fleshed out.

• Elizabeth says:

Agree. I don’t like Sam & Andy together. It’s one of the times where i’m not into the supposed “it” couple of a show.

I really liked Andy & Luke together. But, of course the writers had to turn him into a douche and blow their relationship quickly.

7. EveDallas says:

Thank You! Thank You! Love all the Castle and Bones stuff. They are my favorite shows on tv! You are (as always) My TV GOD. Hope you get well soon!

8. Steven says:

Kurt spends an episode whining? That doesn’t sound like the Kurt I know!

That was sarcasm.

9. Taylor says:

Tina’s a junior?? Yes!! That means one more season for her to get a storyline (hopefully).

10. JDHetherington says:

I really am starting to resent those cheerio costumes on Santana and Brittany. I was so happy when they quit last season….. dam. No more street clothes for a while i guess…

• Ali says:

Same here. I mean the co-captain thing might be fun, but I got used to those cute outfits on the girls. Hopefully they change into regular clothes if they show them at Breadstix and stuff.

11. Thiel says:

Love that they bring back Booth’s Grandpa

12. Lilly says:

WHAT THE BUCK?! BLAINE AT MCKINNLEY? I guess, when Rachel and Co. leave he is suppose to be the leader? *BARF* Thats even more of a reason to leave after the kids graduate. Blaine can’t be the lead, he grates me, although Rachel is quite annoying as well, we love her. Blaine, NO, really dont want to see a LGBT meeting every episode.

I admit, I DID miss the Cherios and Santana in that suit. Ahh, memories. I’m guessing the co-captain is Sugar? Or Sheila? Possible love interest for Santana? Maybe. I doubt it though.

Ahhhhhhhh, SEMPTEMEBER 20TH, HURRY.

• Angie says:

The whole first episode is about Blaine transferring to McKinley. He sings at least two solos. Enjoy the Blaine show. I’m done. :)

• S says:

Do you really believe that Blaine will take over the solos when ND have people like Artie and Puck but only Finn gets the solos? Blaine will never take over the solos like Rachel and unfortunately like Finn.

13. nitemar says:

House spoilers no longer excite me..Castle on the other hand. But seriously, another girl for Castle!,,what happened to “Kate, I love you”?? They got to stop this!

• K says:

Couldn’t agree more. Hopefully, Kate will be a little jealous (since, imo, we watched Castle be jealous for most of last season) and that will bring her and Castle even closer together. Is it too much to hope that “lust” means “fascination” in this case?

• MCO says:

They’re two kinds of liking. Castle is still Castle after all. He still could softly flirt with thousand other woman and don’t the harm to do so if he doesn’t do anything more than…well flirting. And he could “like” someone and admire this someone without hit on her.
      On the other hand, Beckett could become really jaleous other that.
      That being said, it’s still really early in the shooting and writing. That could change. We still wait for the double date Esplanie/Jyan (Jenny/Ryan) that was announced for season 3.
      But I am with you if they do the “another girl for Castle”. In my opinion they have two choices. They keep Josh as the barrier or they get rid of Josh and found something else than the old and unoriginal plot “She/he is with another person”. It’s frustrating, tiring and yes, I couldn’t imagine Castle being with someone else after the “Kate, I love you”.

14. Ali says:

I’m guessing Santana’s co-captain will be Sugar – hopefully there’s a rivalry there. If not it would be cool to see Santana as Becky as co-captains, following up from Funeral.

Can’t wait to see Kurt trying to convince Blaine…can I hope for some HUMMELBERRY plotting? They’re my favorites. Hope he transfers quickly!

15. EV says:

Thanks for the Bones spoilers!! November 3 cannot get here fast enough! Hope you feel better soon. :)

16. Glee writers says:

Sugartana is ON bitches!!

17. Wendy says:

A huge YAY! to the return of Booth’s “Pops”, Hank Booth! Ralph Waite did a wonderful job with the character, and I cannot wait to see what this “family crisis” he returns for is all about.

18. Hope says:

Forwood scoop please!

19. finovonty says:

So…Castle’s getting the hots for some other chick. So when said ‘I love you’ it meant nothing and Beckett was right not to trust his staying power all along? I thought Marlowe said no more SOs. Love it when showrunners lie outright. WTF?

• MCO says:

Showrunner lie or Ausiello reading a little too much in a casting call ? I like Aus. and he’s really good at his job(well I wouldn’t be here If he didn’t) but he has the tendancy to read a little too much into things.

• Ange says:

Castle falling for another woman would be proof that he’s far too shallow for Beckett and the death knell of the show for me.

Better be a misreading of a casting call. Last season was bad enough; another woman after the ILU would kill the character.

• MCO says:

Yeah, I totally agree with that. But depends where Josh is too. If Beckett say something like “I am with Josh and I will stay with him” to Castle, he could try to be with another woman, without really falling for her. He could try (and fail) to move on, to forget Beckett. He isn’t a monk and he has the right to try to be happy with another woman if Beckett is still with Josh.

I don’t want that to happen, it’s bad but it wouldn’t kill the character too much.

• Meri says:

It would suck if this was a replay of Bones from last season’s relationship interplay. They can’t string this whole thing along much longer without a plausible explanation, especially after last season’s finale.

• MCO says:

Amen to that Meri. I am really hoping that’s a misreading or something just for one episode treat with humor. Something like the Doms thing or another “Nikki Heat”. Like she’s a real life Castle fantasy, he “drolls” over her, but nothing really happens. It could be funny and no harms done to the character nor the ship.

• ACP says:

Totally agreed

20. Chelsea says:

The only benefit of sugartana would be jealous Brittany. I’m gonna cry, if San kisses sugar before Britt, though.

21. jaded says:

OMG! what was the point of keeping 13 and letting go Cuddy when 13 was going to be gone in a few eps??!! They could have just let Olivia Wilde go and kept Lisa as Cuddy for the season! What kind of idiots run this show??!

• Kath says:

The same idiots who fired Jennnifer Morrison and then tried to reproduce Cameron with Thirteen, Martha and now Odette Annable’s new characters.

It was Lisa Edelstein’s own decision to leave the show. Presumably because her screen presence would be much reduced now that she is no longer House’s girlfriend.

• Dani says:

Ugh! Couldn’t they have just sent Taub back to Snow White? :/ It is really irritating that they seem to have a revolving door for the women on the show, whilst the men just stay there. I know this is OW’s decision, but they made a rod for their own backs when they gave her such a cushy contract in comparison with everyone else. I’ve barely noticed Foreman for 2 seasons. He’s just there. And mildly annoyed with House generally.

• Karomana says:

You are right that LE’s decision was probably because of reduced time.

But I disagree about 13 and Martha. Neither were Cameron clones.
        Anyway I like new characters to interact with House instead of having the same static dialogues. Look how Foreman and Taub have become so boring.

• D says:

Your grammatically skewered post assumes anyone let Edelstein go anywhere. She’s a big girl, and can make her own decisions. She chose to go. From what I understand about Wilde’s situation, she wants to do movies and House, which is why her weird flexible contract exists. I love her, but letting Thirteen go may be for the best.

22. Kath says:

Nooooooooooo! to Castle falling in lust with another woman. The wrong SOs just about killed last season on Castle. There is NO WAY that Castle could fall for another woman and still be believable that he has deep feelings for Beckett.

Pooh on the ‘Molly lashes out at Beckett’ spoiler too. Molly should realize her father is a grown man and deal with him, not Beckett.

• MCO says:

I am pretty sure that Molly has nothing against Beckett and had no worries about her own Dad following a fictional Character back in Texas (Or Kansas I don’t remember)
      Alexis, in the other hand…

• gwmclintock9 says:

I believe there was a spoiler earlier where Alexis’ move to Stanford is partially motivated by her desire to get her dad to follow. I hope this is brought up in the show.

• Cari says:

I’m actually really looking forward to Alexis having words with Beckett. Knowing Alexis, she won’t be a brat about it, but she’ll tell it like she sees it, and maybe it’ll be a chance for Beckett to come clean about her feelings for Castle. And hopefully Alexis and Beckett can have a real scene together, instead of just snippets of one.

• Rory says:

I agree! I wanna see some Alexis-Beckett moments too. And about Castle’s new lust..I think it’s just another 1-episode girl or just another flirty guest like Natalie Rhodes. Looking forward to see how Castle is going to handle it! I put my faith on Marlowe, hope he won’t disappoint us.

23. Ryan says:

Tamala Jones has always been listed as a series regular on Castle, though she hasn’t been in every episode.

24. Rhuy says:

Hope this co-captain doesn’t turn out to be the dreaded new love interest for Santana people have been whispering about. The only person Santana should be with is Brittany….

• ... says:

I actually really like the idea of Santana with someone new. I think Brittany and Santana are better as friends anyway. It was Santana’s first high school love, but she needs to find someone that feels the same way.

25. Jessica says:

I love the Arizona/Karev teacher/student relationship and I’m glad that she isn’t going to abandon him like everyone else will.

26. Babygate says:

Arizona as an advocate for Alex? YES!!! I think that the mentor/student relationship between them is amazing. Arizona knows that Alex is a jerk, but she also recognizes the potential. And she’s standing by him like a mother would stand by her child. Awesome!
    Now I’m more excited about the Castle premiere than ever!
    House? Have been a loyal fan for years but the finale did it for me. Driving the car into Cuddy’s house lets me know that this man is damage beyond repair. He refuses to grow the heck up. The writers have played his pseudo-psychotic, egotistical and antisocial behavior to the ground. And without Cuddy there it won’t be the same.

• xav says:

Totally agree. I love their relationship. I also like seeing an attending/resident relationship that doesn’t involve sex.

• @babygate says:

Same here. That finale was a total turn-off from the character. Then I found out Cuddy wasn’t coming back and that was it for me.

• Angie says:

I’m really looking forward to Team Peds. Alex and Arizona is one of the best things about Grey’s Anatomy lately, kind of like Addison and Alex back in the day but a bit more lighthearted and fun, and I’m glad Arizona is the one person that does not abandon Alex. Snitching Meredith was a crap stunt, but I can’t believe so many people in this hospital are willing to ignore that what Meredith was completely wrong to begin with and could affect all of them. Whatever. Go Alex, go Team Peds!

27. Eli says:

That’s more like it mister! Thanks for the THREE Castle scoop!
    Getting more & more excited about the season premiere as September approaches. Thank you loads man ;)

28. Angie says:

I hate what they’re doing to Jessica and Hoyt. :(

29. Kayla says:

Yay 4 Chuck spoilers!! Can’t wait 4 Chuck 2 come back!! Thanks Ausiello

30. Amy says:

So Alex gets fostered into a peds fellowship by Arizona, meanwhile Mer gets completely kicked after Alex narcs on her? YAY. Just another exciting season of “Mer’s getting beaten down again Anatomy”

• Angie says:

Alex does not get fostered into anything. He has one single person sticking up for him because she believes in his talent and his instincts as a surgeon. Alex has made incredible progress as a doctor and he has proven many times that he deserves this fellowship, even though peds fellowships are among the hardest to gain. He focused on his work and will continue to do so next season. I’m happy for him and don’t feel sorry for Mer one single bit. Besides: Meredith has a whole hospital full of people who either slept with her or her mother bending the rules for her and they will make sure she’s back before the episode is over.

• RedWings says:

And we know Richard will take the fall for her again. NO ONE would do this for Karev and yet people are still complaining? You gotta be kidding me.

• xav says:

Well, Meredith broke a lot of rules that probably should result in her losing her license or being fired from the hospital but she won’t. Whereas Alex’s motivations were crappy but his actions were correct.

31. Shiloh says:

Thanks for the news on CASTLE & BONES, Mike and glad to see you’re feeling better. :)

32. Dee says:

Thanks for the Chuck scoop. Love that Ellie and Awesome know about the spy business. I always been pulling for both of them to get into the spy world a bit more. Needless to say, I’m stoked that it really is the whole Team Bartowski for this last season.

33. i would like season 4 to be about Walter and The Gang VS a Bad guy scientist

34. Amy says:

castle is gonna be heavy this season. A lot of conflicts and negative stuff. That increases my excitement even more

35. Brian says:

Art insurance investigator love interest?
    Didn’t White Collar just do this?

Is Booth the son Gibbs never knew he had? Seeing as Ralph Waite is grandfather & father (respectively) to the characters!
    (not seriously asking, just a bit of fun. Would be cool though!)

• Amy says:

when i read “insurance investigator” i thought about the exact same thing! i hope it doesnt seem like they copied the White Collar story-line

• Reah says:

never thought sbout it like that, but wouldn’t that be awesome?!?! they are pretty similar charecters in a way as well :)

36. Alison says:

Love Booth’s Grandpa

37. dessy says:

It’ll be cool if that’s what the new character will be on Fringe.
    But how can you get help from someone when you don’t exist?

38. melimo says:

I wish you would alphabetize your spoilers so the B(#Bones)scoops appear nearer to the top…lol

39. un-holy says:

I won’t stop watching House, especially now that many spoilers suggest that the show will go back to its basics (and that was missed the last few seasons), but I must admit I will miss Thirteen a lot. I am glad OW has such a great movie career though.

40. Grace says:

Doesn’t TAUB have any movies to do???
    I think O.W. (13) is selfish to leave HOUSE now. I think she should wait until HOUSE has ended, or during hiatus, to do her movies.

41. Ghislaine says:

First, THANKS Michael to have answered to my question about Santana Lopez – Glee! :)

Well, I’m pretty sure that Santana will share the lead of the Cheerios team with Sugar, what of course will bring some tension, and Sheila will become her new love interest.
    Whatever, Santana risks to be quite busy in S3 to think to Brittany, right?!

42. MamaLarson3 says:

Are you sick, Mike. ARE. YOU.? Cuz THAT’S the only Asking of Ausiello that I will be doing for a while until you set us straight. If not, and I’m totally not threatening you here, I will be forced to make my own conclusions as to what may be wrong with you. Physically, I mean. My first theory being some sort of a jock itch problem….? I’ll wait. Or not…maybe I’ll just keep guessing. Look for theory #2 coming soon. That is, unless of course, there are any other Ausholes out there who may want to venture a guess.

43. TVDIVA says:

Castle gets a new love interest? Please do not tell me I wasted three seasons waiting for Castle and Beckett to be in a relationship and that is all up in smoke.

44. Mandy says:

I am really excited to read that Arizona is going to be a mentor to Karev. They made an interesting pairing and it will add alot of dynamic to their characters. He can’t charm her, so he has to do the work. Plus he needs some redemption and she is one of my favorites, so it is sure to happen.

45. paul says:

Wait. This is a new “Ask Ausiello”?? How come almost half of the ‘scoops’ are just repeating what’s been said in previous AA’s? And by the way, a professional would know that Rookie Blue spells Andy AndI!!

46. Hemo_jr says:

Since Peter never existed on Fringe’s S4 Eunuch Earth, the only way his loved ones could remember him is if artificially given the memories of their doppelgangers from a timeline where he did exist.

47. Jeff says:

The more I hear about the new season of Castle, the less I’m liking it – the new “no nonsense” captain who doesn’t want Castle around and has a no fraternization policy, Castle with a new love interest, etc. Sounds like the writers are throwing in every tired old storyline they can to avoid doing the thing they fear most – writing funny, interesting stories for a couple in a normal relationship….

48. Kelly says:

Thanks for the Chuck and Rookie Blue scoop! That being said…please don’t take Sam Swarek away from me!!! I live for my Andy & Sam moments…and we need to find someone awesome for Luke…like ME ;)

49. Mel says:

No NCIS scoopage? Next time? Please??