Fall TV Preview

First Look: NBC Unveils Key Art For Playboy Club, Grimm, Prime Suspect, Whitney and More!

Coming soon to a billboard near you: NBC’s new fall campaign!

Here’s a sneak peek at the key art for NBC’s freshman crop, including The Playboy Club, Free Agents, Up All Night, Grimm, Prime Suspect and Whitney.

Plan Your Viewing Sked With TVLine’s Fall TV Premiere Calendar

Peruse the posters (click on any to enlarge it), and then rate the Peacock’s marketing efforts in the comments section.

Comments (44)

• Not even one of those tags is clever. Of all listed, I think The Playboy Club has the most potential. Whitney will be axed within a month.

Comment by Sam – August 15, 2011 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Grimm seems too much like Once Upon a Time from ABC, but I’ll try it. Not too optimistic since it’s NBC. Whitney is already over, can’t stand the actress playing her. Prime Suspect looks like that one from last fall [can't even remember the name] that was quickly cancelled. Shows about harda$$ chicks with guns are losers [see In Plain Sight]. Not an encouraging lineup, I’m afraid.

Comment by Templar – August 15, 2011 12:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agree with the Whitney sentiments. And all I think of when I see the promos are Louis CK’s remarks that her next special should be called “Moderately Amusing c u next Tuesday.” :P
      Seems the entire gist of the show is “lol, I’m a woman; look how crazy/irrational/annoying I can be!”
      Great. Should be wonderful. Glad she’s not reinforcing negative stereotypes or anything…

Comment by Alicia – August 15, 2011 02:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like NBC will not be on in my house anymore…. Too bad, if Up All Night were on another network I’d watch b/c I like Christina Applegate…but there’s no way I’m giving NBC any viewership with them choosing to produce such unclassy shows like Playboy Club, Free Agents and Whitney. Disgusted!!!!

Comment by Karen – August 15, 2011 12:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pretty sure the other networks have unclassy programs too if those shows that you haven’t seen are your criteria.

Comment by Chris Shifty – August 15, 2011 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I’ve seen plenty of trailers for Whitney, and the fact that they would even do a show based on Playboy or anything regarding that industry…that’s completely enough for me to write off NBC.

Comment by Karen – August 15, 2011 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • I think that Inspiration channel is airing The Waltons if you’re interested. Buh bye!

Comment by Dirk – August 15, 2011 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • CBS aired a drama about swingers called Swingtown, have you stopped watching them? Or have you not seen enough of Two and a Half Men or How I Met Your Mother? Where do we begin with ABC and Fox?

Also, you not watching NBC only matters if you have a Nielsen box. That’s how they figure out ratings. If you don’t have a Nielsen box it doesn’t matter what you watch.

So you could watch Up All Night, enjoy the 30 minutes that show provides and not watch anything else on NBC. You’re invisible to NBC.

Always love it when people deny themselves shows they would enjoy so they can hurt a network when they don’t have a Nielsen box. Those boxes are the only way you can hurt them. Or take the time to harass advertisers that you’ll boycott their products if they run ads on NBC or those particular shows.

Comment by Chris Shifty – August 15, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • As an outsider to the American world, I truly cannot understand why any person would boycott an entire network because they don’t like some or even most of the shows they have on. Why wouldn’t you just watch what you want to watch, no matter what channel its on?

Comment by Ben – August 15, 2011 02:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Believe me, Ben, some Americans don’t understand it either. Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Comment by Liz – August 16, 2011 06:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ooo NBC you missed the mark.

Comment by Danielle H. – August 15, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm says it’s premiering October 14th on the promotional poster. Does that mean Chuck is moving up a week, too? All along they’ve both had Oct 21 dates.

Comment by Michael – August 15, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hmmm… GRIMM premiering October 14th? Did NBC make a mistake on their poster or did they forget to inform the public? And will Chuck be airing Oct. 14th too? Let’s hope!

Comment by TVEDGE – August 15, 2011 12:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t let the fluffy tails fool you? Fool us into thinking what? What does that even mean?

Comment by Duvall – August 15, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the taglines are really bad. Who came up with this stuff?

Comment by Jones19 – August 15, 2011 12:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That Whitney promotional poster is HORRIFIC. Too much text and the words aren’t even catchy!

Of all the posters, Up All Night and Playboy Club have the best promotional material.

Comment by K – August 15, 2011 12:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will someone get rid of that MF fedora? It’s making me not want to watch the show…

Comment by bmo – August 15, 2011 12:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The problem with the Whitney poster is not that there are words, but that they aren’t as original as they would like the show to think. We’ve heard that time and time before. Hell, I’ve used a similar line, and I’m not on TV. But I really like the PLAYBOY CLUB poster. I am really stoked for that show.

Comment by BRETT – August 15, 2011 12:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that Up All Night could be a really big hit for NBC.

Comment by James – August 15, 2011 12:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think the tagline for Up All Night, “Sleep is For Babies” is very funny.

Comment by John – August 15, 2011 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • However, I like the poster for Prime Suspect, but the tag line is horrible.

Comment by John – August 15, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Anyone know why NBC is holding their two best new shows, Awake and Smash, til midseason? Smash seems high budget, maybe Awake is too? I’m just not excited about their fall season at all, besides Chuck and Parks and Rec.

Comment by Andie – August 15, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s a reason for it. They want to promote Smash and awake during The Super Bowl. Which is a wise move. Up All Night is the show that critics like that seems like it might also do well with a mass audience. Whitney looks horrible and won’t do well. Playboy Club doesn’t look great but might do well because of the controversy surrounding it.

Comment by James – August 15, 2011 12:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agree, Whitney looks horrible. Who’s idea was it to give her a show? And I don’t have high expectations for Up All Night either

Comment by Me – August 15, 2011 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re launching Smash after their biggest success, The Voice. So that’s the reason for that. I’m guessing Awake will benefit for a higher-rated NBC in Spring, as well. The new NBC prez really has a cable-mentality going into this (with scheduling) and I think it will help more than help.

Comment by Michael – August 15, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have to say, smash and awake are the two I’m waiting for too… the only one of these I might check out is Grimm.

Comment by Ben – August 15, 2011 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m looking forward to Prime Suspect and Up All Night, and somewhat to Grimm (though the sneak preview was a bit campy). The rest I can pass on.

Comment by DL – August 15, 2011 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Up All Night is the only fall NBC show that looks like it could be a major hit for NBC.

Comment by Peter – August 15, 2011 12:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It’s up against The Middle and The X-Factor, though.

Comment by Hols – August 16, 2011 08:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Playboy, Up All Night, and Prime Suspect seem like the best bets. Whitney looks like it was a leftover for the failed Thursday night sitcom slot of 90′s… ie “Stark Raving Mad”, “Jesse”, etc

Comment by c. Stulz – August 15, 2011 12:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Whitney Cummings, but her show looks terrible. She needs a network more like HBO or even FX. She’s great on the Comedy Cental roasts.

Comment by Katie – August 15, 2011 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its been ages since I’ ve watched NBC. Only one appeals to me, but I will DVR Prime Suspect.

Comment by raveng – August 15, 2011 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is a Whitney poster up in New York with a different tag line and it’s much worse than the one listed here. It says (in bold) “Whoever Invented Morning Sex” and then under it “Forgot about morning breath.”

Really NBC? That’s your tag line. How soon until your ratings fall behind the CW?

Comment by Alex – August 15, 2011 12:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not to mention the return of the NBC laugh track.

Hard to believe, but I’m already missing Perfect Couples and Outsourced.

Comment by Sourabh – August 15, 2011 01:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that all the promotional work is a bit “meh” except for The Playboy Club. I’m pretty excited for that show. I’ll also probably try Grimm out and Prime Suspect (the promos are amazing) but as for the rest, I’m out.

Comment by Nathan – August 15, 2011 01:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NBC: You can call it Prime Suspect. You can call Maria Bello’s character some variation of Jane Tennison but it is not and never will be anything like BBC’s Prime Suspect. Oh, and your promo commercials are cringe-worthy.

Comment by Mark – August 15, 2011 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think anyone can agree that Helen Mirren is irreplaceable. I think anyone can agree that BBC produces work that no one else can emulate.
      I think anyone can also agree that the title and character name are chosen for brand recognition to draw in an audience and not because NBC thinks they’re going to be able to make the “same show.” For that, I think it’s perfectly fine.

Comment by DL – August 15, 2011 02:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Prime Suspect’s commercials featuring Skyscraper are phenomenal and how a drama should be promoted.

Comment by Kenny – August 15, 2011 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The BBC had nothing to do with the British Prime Suspect. Why do Americans think anything British on television was made by the BBC? Prime Suspect was an ITV series.

Comment by MoreTears – August 15, 2011 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Grimm seems a lot like Jasper Fforde’s Nursery Crime book series.

Comment by laylagalise – August 15, 2011 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Those comedies all look like they are going to majorly bomb. I predict only one of them makes it the full season, and that will simply just be NBC saving face. Whitney I think goes first — the promos and the print advertising are equally awful. I actually think it’s worse to have name recognition for a show that seems awful than to have no name recognition for the show at all.

I give Playboy Club four episodes. And I may be too generous.

Comment by Hols – August 16, 2011 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, 17th Precinct…what garbage you were passed over for :’(
    Like a previous commenter, I too am missing Outsourced. It was funny. Well, it was funny if you were Indian. So I thought it was funny.
    And The Event…and Life…I mean how can you axe a show with Damian Lewis? He was in Band of Brothers for chrissakes. And you replace it with shows like Grimm. Oh, NBC, you’ve screwed me over one too many times…
    (sorry about the rant haha)

Comment by Tej – August 16, 2011 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have no idea what Whitney is even about from that poster.

Comment by Austen – August 17, 2011 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My wife says if she ever turned against guys and decided to become a lesbian, one episode of NBC’s “Whitney” alone would be enough to turn her back.

Comment by don – September 18, 2011 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post