Emmys

Emmys 2011: Who Deserves the Award for Lead Actor in a Comedy Series? Take Our Poll!

Get More: Awards, Emmys, Polls

Several new players are shaking up the Emmy race for Outstanding Actor in a Comedy Series: Louis C.K. (Louie), Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory), and Matt LeBlanc (Episodes) are all welcome additions to the Not “Tony Shalhoub in Monk” Club, but they’ll face tough competition from some veterans of the category. Alec Baldwin is up for the fifth straight year for 30 Rock (he won in 2008 and 2009), while Jim Parsons is up for the third consecutive year for The Big Bang Theory (having taken home the trophy in 2010). The likely sentimental favorite, though, would have to be Steve Carell, who has six nominations under his belt for The Office — and wrapped his run on the series in May — but is still seeking his first statuette.

But what would you do if you had the power to send one of these fine gentlemen to the podium when the Emmys are handed out Sept.18? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 10, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!

Every day for the next month, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor, and to stay up to speed on all our races, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

Comments (75)

• Don’t get me wrong I absolutely love Steve Carrel, but I don’t think he actually deserves to win. The Office has been doing downhill and he was a lot funnier in the earlier seasons of The Office. To be honest I find him a lot funnier in the movies he does. Like when I recently saw Crazy, Stupid, Love, I thought he was absolutely hilarious.

With that said Jim Parsons is the most talented out of all the nominees, and just because he won last year doesn’t mean he shouldn’t win again, because he really deserves it. His portryal of Sheldon Cooper is amazing, and he is the best thing on The Big Bang Theory.

Comment by kierahillmin – August 26, 2011 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I totally agree with your comment kierahillmin

Comment by krys – August 29, 2011 11:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Steve Carell HAS to get it. If he doesn’t I’m going to be very upset, I think it would be the most upsetting of all my Emmy choices.

I love Jim Parsons and I really wanted him to get the Emmy last year, which he did!! So we already awarded him for Sheldon Cooper, I don’t see why we have to award him again. (I hate when the Emmy goes to the same thing or person twice for the SAME role or show when there are so many great choices, it seems silly to keep awarding the same one).

Anyway, Steve deserves it for all his amazing years as Michael Scott, he has been hilarious in that character, I admit I didn’t like him before The Office, I always said that his comedy wasn’t my type, normally I don’t find his movies funny… But he proved me wrong! Michael Scott is one of the funniest characters ever, and Steve did a wonderful job. He deserves if for the amazing build up and portrayal he did throughout all these seasons.

Comment by Maru – August 27, 2011 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHELDON <33333!

Comment by francisca – August 28, 2011 06:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Give it to Carell. And yes it’s because it’s his last season but he is great.

Comment by Stephen S. – September 8, 2011 03:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This might be this blog’s greatest read on the net!!

Comment by Dripable – November 10, 2011 11:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post