TVLine Items: Leverage Renewed, Benjamin Bratt Revisits Modern Family and More!
TNT’s caper drama — which stars Timothy Hutton and Beth Riesgraf — has been renewed for a 15-episode fifth season, set to launch in summer 2012. Leverage is currently in the midst of a ratings-rich Season 4.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well…
• Private Practice‘s newest man about town Benjamin Bratt will reappear on ABC’s Modern Family this fall as Manny’s MIA dad Javier, EW.com reports. “Jay feels possessive of Manny for the first time and wonders what he’s allowed to do and what he isn’t as his stepdad,” exec producer Christopher Lloyd tells the mag. “It becomes kind of a competition between Jay and Javier for Manny.” In other Family news, EW.com has a first look at the new Lily, as played 4-year-old Aubrey Anderson-Emmons.
• It’s TK vs. T.O.! Pro footballer Terrell Owens has nabbed a guest spot on the Sept. 14 season finale of USA Network’s Necessary Roughness — but he won’t be playing himself. Owens will touch down as All-Pro Safety/Cornerback Kevin “The Mine-field” Minnifield, star of an opposing football team and TK’s (played by Mehcad Brooks) lifelong rival.
• Esta TerBlanche returns to ABC’s All My Children on August 22, and Soap Opera Digest has a first look photo of Gillian’s revival. Take a peek here, and then weigh in below on just how fab TerBlanche looks after 10 years out of the spotlight.
• NBC confirms that Saturday Night Live‘s 37th season will premiere on Sept. 24 with host Alec Baldwin and musical guest Radiohead.
• Jeff Garlin has inked a development deal with ABC, per The Hollywood Reporter. The Curb Your Enthusiasm star is set to write, exec produce, and star in the new comedy vehicle, with Bruce McCulloch (The Kids in the Hall) attached to co-write.
• Adam Carolla (The Man Show) is developing an animated series, The Birchums, based on a character he created during his circa-’90s stint on Los Angeles radio station KROQ, per TV Guide Magazine.
Which TVLine Items have you talking today?