Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Exclusive: Sunny Star Jimmi Simpson's Got Dirt on Marshall!

Marshall’s job hunt on How I Met Your Mother will hit a snag this fall, and one of those creepy McPoyle twins from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia is to blame!

Comic actor-turned-Breakout Kings regular Jimmi Simpson (a.k.a. one half of Sunny‘s outrageously incestuous duo) has signed on to guest star as Pete Votto, an old college buddy of Jason Segel’s employment-challenged character.

In the episode, slated to air in late September, Pete posts on Youtube an embarrassing video of Marshall channeling his decade-old alter ego “Beercules,” the greatest party animal in the booze-sodden history of Wesleyan College. Marshall, worried the clip will ruin a potential job opportunity, begs him to take it down.

Simpson’s resume also includes arcs on 24, Psych and CSI, but Late Show with David Letterman fans probably know him best as Lyle the Intern.

Comments (11)

• Love Jimmi Simpson. My favorite is when he played “Mary” on Psych. Definitely looking forward to this.

Comment by DL – August 12, 2011 11:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was amazing on Psych. I miss Mary Lightly <3.

Comment by abs – August 12, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. Mary was hilarious

Comment by jenna – August 12, 2011 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agreed. while he is hilarious on sunny, mary will always be my favorite of his characters. can’t wait to see him on himym.

Comment by murley – August 12, 2011 01:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He’ll always be Scud from D.E.B.S. to me

Comment by Me – August 12, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Jimmi Simpson. That is all

Comment by Kate – August 12, 2011 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved him on psych!

Comment by t.t – August 12, 2011 05:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jimmi Simpson was Lyle the intern??? I had no idea! I must find youtube clips of this. My favorite character of his is definitely Liam McPoyle. Though I did also really like his character on Psych. My least favorite character was his role in Date Night. He was not used in that movie well.

Comment by Amber – August 12, 2011 09:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He did a great job in a HOUSE episode as well.

Comment by Nancy – August 12, 2011 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Does no one watch Breakout Kings?

Comment by Max – August 14, 2011 07:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jimmy was also amazing on Broadway a few years back in the Farnsworth Invention (about the invention of television)….Brilliant!

Comment by Craig – August 15, 2011 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post