Exclusive

90210 Exclusive: American Idol Alum Kellie Pickler to Make Acting Debut

Kellie Pickler is set to make her acting debut on 90210 this fall, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The American Idol alum will play Sally, the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley).

The role shouldn’t be much of a stretch for Pickler, who has had four songs on Billboard‘s Hot Country chart. In fact, she will perform one of those singles, “Tough,” during the episode.

Pickler is not the sole singer appearing on the new season of 90210, debuting Sept. 13. As TVLine previously reported, Brandy has been tapped for a major Season 4 arc. Other new additions include Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Sarah Hagan, CSI: Miami‘s Megalyn Echikunwoke and Privileged‘s Kristina Apgar.

1. Claudia says:

It looks like the new season will be a little bit more interesting than last seasons’ bulls**t. I noticed it when I saw the pictures from the recording-set.

2. Templar says:

Glad about all of Kellie’s success. She’s had a rough start in life and I’m happy for her.

3. Chmarin says:

She’ll fit in perfectly. The level of acting on that show is exactly on the Kellie Pickler level. (“I’ve never heard of Huuuungary. I thought Europe was a couuuuntry.”)

4. Abby says:

What’s that sound? I think it is the final nail in the coffin for 90210. They are getting rid of Max, but bringing in Kellie Pickler? Upswing is that it can’t possibly be worse than the Hilary Duff guest run on Gossip Girl. Oh I forgot the Tyra Banks 2-3 episode run **shudder**.

5. BRETT says:

Oh god. I think I may be in the minority (?) but I’ve hated nearly every casting announcement they’ve made. Stick to the originals. I don’t get invested in characters who come in for a few episodes and leave.

• Captain says:

You’re not alone. This season sounds awful. They have run out of ideas so they’re filling the cast with crappy new people.

• JeniLee says:

AGREED! They get rid of Trevor and add like 5 new characters? EW. I really loved last season. Constant GREAT drama that involved the regulars. This new season is making me skeptical.

6. abc123 says:

So Kellie “I thought Europe was a country” Pickler is on 90210. As if I didn’t hate the show enough already… She’s without a doubt the stupidest person alive.

• Newsflash says:

I believe you may be in first place in that contest. For all intents Europe is a union of states with a common currency, no border hassles and a central authority. This girl is lucky to have her head on straight with her upbringing. And you are an imbecile.

• Chmarin says:

Ahahaha, please don’t try to be a smartass about things you clearly know NOTHING about. Europe in NOT a friggin union of states. There is the EUROPEAN UNION, but not every European country is in it, and not every country in the EU has the Euro as its currency. I’m not even gonna waste my breath on the “central authority” thing. That’s actually hilarious. You probably think Adolf Hitler was president of Europe in the 40′s.

• BRETT says:

Yeah, you’re just embarrassing yourself…

• abc123 says:

OK, so YOU are the stupidest person on Earth, Pickler is second and Miss South Carolina (2007) is third. Wow, and then people wonder why outsiders think we Americans are stupid. You’re probably an inbred southern yokel just like Pickler. I actually feel kinda sorry for you.

• Chmarin says:

As an outsider, a.k.a. a person from Europe (the continent, right) – Croatia, to be more specific – I can tell you that the general consensus among Europeans indeed is that Americans are stupid.

I find that to be very prejudicial, I’m not with the majority, cause I know not every American is stupid, just like not every person from the South is a redneck and not every Middle-eastern man is a terrorist.
          But this guy is really making it difficult for me. :D

• abc123 says:

No way! My family is originally from Serbia. I actually speak Serbo-Croat. What a small world!

• millie says:

sounds like you are the stupid one, are you jealous, sounds like it

7. Tough says:

I can’t wait to see Kellie sing and act. She’s a great singer and doesn’t have much acting experience but was wonderful on Extreme Makeover Home Edition, The View and every show she’s done. I don’t normally watch 90210 but will be sure to watch her episode.

I’ll tell what is stupid, judging her by one appearance and question on a fun game show, which she did to raise $50,000 for charity. She did better on that show than others including some people with college degrees. The host of the show said the whole point is to trip up adults on things they learned in grade school and have long since forgotten. They give the kids books to study so they know all the answers. Look it up if you’re smart enough to do that. Now that Kellie has done 4 USO tours overseas to support our troops she’s well aware of how things work there. Do yourself a favor and watch “Kellie Pickler’s USO Diary” on GAC.

• Josh says:

Everything you mentioned makes her a fine person, but that still doesn’t mean she should act.

• Bobbi says:

So, what would qualify her to try a role on 90210? It isn’t as if she’s taking on Shakespeare! I’m sure she’ll be a fun guest star. I agree with Tough. I don’t watch this show but will to see Kellie’s episode. She is a wonderful personality and has been a delight on every show she’s appeared on. She doesn’t need to be Meryl Streep to do a good job on this.

8. Nancy says:

Kellie, You go girl!! I love ya! x HUGS!

9. Sally Whatshername graduates!!!! says:

I’ve never seen the new 90210, but I’ll watch this episode. Kellie’s always hilarious.

I think the really stupid ones here are the haters. I guess they think it takes a Harvard degree to act in an episode of 90210.

If the new series is like the old one, I doubt it takes a Harvard degree to write for 90210, either. :)

I really don’t think it took a genius to come up with “Donna Martin graduates!” :)

10. Den says:

Hey all you haters…Kellie’s net worth is $12.5 Million. And you have the gal to call her stupid..WOW

11. wanda says:

I love Kellie and can’t wait to see her on the show.

12. sherwin says:

KELLI PICKLER IS THE TALENT OF THE DECADE!!!! SHE WILL BE A SMASH ON 90210 OR any other tv venue….good luck kelli we support you and buy your ALBUMS…..PLEASE COME TO VEGAS…..WE ARE DYING TO SEE YOU IN PERSON!

13. Den says:

Why wasn’t Kellie on 90210 9/13 ?????????????????