Fall TV Preview

90210 Exclusive: American Idol Alum Kellie Pickler to Make Acting Debut

Kellie Pickler is set to make her acting debut on 90210 this fall, TVLine has learned exclusively.

The American Idol alum will play Sally, the country-singing cousin of local cowboy Austin (Justin Deeley).

The role shouldn’t be much of a stretch for Pickler, who has had four songs on Billboard‘s Hot Country chart. In fact, she will perform one of those singles, “Tough,” during the episode.

Pickler is not the sole singer appearing on the new season of 90210, debuting Sept. 13. As TVLine previously reported, Brandy has been tapped for a major Season 4 arc. Other new additions include Buffy the Vampire Slayer‘s Sarah Hagan, CSI: Miami‘s Megalyn Echikunwoke and Privileged‘s Kristina Apgar.

Comments (25)

• It looks like the new season will be a little bit more interesting than last seasons’ bulls**t. I noticed it when I saw the pictures from the recording-set.

Comment by Claudia – August 12, 2011 02:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad about all of Kellie’s success. She’s had a rough start in life and I’m happy for her.

Comment by Templar – August 12, 2011 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She’ll fit in perfectly. The level of acting on that show is exactly on the Kellie Pickler level. (“I’ve never heard of Huuuungary. I thought Europe was a couuuuntry.”)

Comment by Chmarin – August 12, 2011 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Kellie is one of the most talented people on this earth. Kellie the sky is your limit…. You can reach it…. Go KELLIE.

Comment by Janice sangster – August 16, 2011 10:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What’s that sound? I think it is the final nail in the coffin for 90210. They are getting rid of Max, but bringing in Kellie Pickler? Upswing is that it can’t possibly be worse than the Hilary Duff guest run on Gossip Girl. Oh I forgot the Tyra Banks 2-3 episode run **shudder**.

Comment by Abby – August 12, 2011 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh god. I think I may be in the minority (?) but I’ve hated nearly every casting announcement they’ve made. Stick to the originals. I don’t get invested in characters who come in for a few episodes and leave.

Comment by BRETT – August 12, 2011 03:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re not alone. This season sounds awful. They have run out of ideas so they’re filling the cast with crappy new people.

Comment by Captain – August 12, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AGREED! They get rid of Trevor and add like 5 new characters? EW. I really loved last season. Constant GREAT drama that involved the regulars. This new season is making me skeptical.

Comment by JeniLee – August 13, 2011 12:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So Kellie “I thought Europe was a country” Pickler is on 90210. As if I didn’t hate the show enough already… She’s without a doubt the stupidest person alive.

Comment by abc123 – August 12, 2011 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I believe you may be in first place in that contest. For all intents Europe is a union of states with a common currency, no border hassles and a central authority. This girl is lucky to have her head on straight with her upbringing. And you are an imbecile.

Comment by Newsflash – August 12, 2011 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ahahaha, please don’t try to be a smartass about things you clearly know NOTHING about. Europe in NOT a friggin union of states. There is the EUROPEAN UNION, but not every European country is in it, and not every country in the EU has the Euro as its currency. I’m not even gonna waste my breath on the “central authority” thing. That’s actually hilarious. You probably think Adolf Hitler was president of Europe in the 40′s.

Comment by Chmarin – August 12, 2011 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, you’re just embarrassing yourself…

Comment by BRETT – August 12, 2011 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OK, so YOU are the stupidest person on Earth, Pickler is second and Miss South Carolina (2007) is third. Wow, and then people wonder why outsiders think we Americans are stupid. You’re probably an inbred southern yokel just like Pickler. I actually feel kinda sorry for you.

Comment by abc123 – August 12, 2011 05:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • As an outsider, a.k.a. a person from Europe (the continent, right) – Croatia, to be more specific – I can tell you that the general consensus among Europeans indeed is that Americans are stupid.

I find that to be very prejudicial, I’m not with the majority, cause I know not every American is stupid, just like not every person from the South is a redneck and not every Middle-eastern man is a terrorist.
          But this guy is really making it difficult for me. :D

Comment by Chmarin – August 12, 2011 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • No way! My family is originally from Serbia. I actually speak Serbo-Croat. What a small world!

Comment by abc123 – August 12, 2011 09:33 PM PDT
    • sounds like you are the stupid one, are you jealous, sounds like it

Comment by millie – August 14, 2011 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t wait to see Kellie sing and act. She’s a great singer and doesn’t have much acting experience but was wonderful on Extreme Makeover Home Edition, The View and every show she’s done. I don’t normally watch 90210 but will be sure to watch her episode.

I’ll tell what is stupid, judging her by one appearance and question on a fun game show, which she did to raise $50,000 for charity. She did better on that show than others including some people with college degrees. The host of the show said the whole point is to trip up adults on things they learned in grade school and have long since forgotten. They give the kids books to study so they know all the answers. Look it up if you’re smart enough to do that. Now that Kellie has done 4 USO tours overseas to support our troops she’s well aware of how things work there. Do yourself a favor and watch “Kellie Pickler’s USO Diary” on GAC.

Comment by Tough – August 12, 2011 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Everything you mentioned makes her a fine person, but that still doesn’t mean she should act.

Comment by Josh – August 13, 2011 08:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • So, what would qualify her to try a role on 90210? It isn’t as if she’s taking on Shakespeare! I’m sure she’ll be a fun guest star. I agree with Tough. I don’t watch this show but will to see Kellie’s episode. She is a wonderful personality and has been a delight on every show she’s appeared on. She doesn’t need to be Meryl Streep to do a good job on this.

Comment by Bobbi – August 13, 2011 02:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Kellie, You go girl!! I love ya! x HUGS!

Comment by Nancy – August 12, 2011 09:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve never seen the new 90210, but I’ll watch this episode. Kellie’s always hilarious.

I think the really stupid ones here are the haters. I guess they think it takes a Harvard degree to act in an episode of 90210.

If the new series is like the old one, I doubt it takes a Harvard degree to write for 90210, either. :)

I really don’t think it took a genius to come up with “Donna Martin graduates!” :)

Comment by Sally Whatshername graduates!!!! – August 13, 2011 03:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey all you haters…Kellie’s net worth is $12.5 Million. And you have the gal to call her stupid..WOW

Comment by Den – August 15, 2011 06:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kellie and can’t wait to see her on the show.

Comment by wanda – August 16, 2011 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • KELLI PICKLER IS THE TALENT OF THE DECADE!!!! SHE WILL BE A SMASH ON 90210 OR any other tv venue….good luck kelli we support you and buy your ALBUMS…..PLEASE COME TO VEGAS…..WE ARE DYING TO SEE YOU IN PERSON!

Comment by sherwin – August 29, 2011 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why wasn’t Kellie on 90210 9/13 ?????????????????

Comment by Den – September 15, 2011 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post