Psych Season 6 Premiere Date Announced!

The boys are back… in just another two months. USA Network continued its Thursday flurry of big announcements by revealing that Psych will kick off its long-awaited sixth season on Oct. 12 at 10/9c.

Psych Spoiler Alert Video: Wedding Twists and Shocking Discoveries!

Oh, and what a season they have planned. On the guest star front, fans can expect visits from William Shatner (playing Juliet’s father), Danny Glover and Wade Boggs (in a baseball-themed outing), big-screen Buffy Kristy Swanson and Lost Boy Corey Feldman (in a vampire episode co-written and directed by series lead James Roday) and John Rhys Davies (in an Indiana Jones-inspired story).

USA Network Sets In Plain Sight‘s End Date: Season 5 Will Be the Last

Also popping by: Onetime New Kid Joey McIntyre, Malcolm McDowell (Franklin & Bash), Jason Priestley (Beverly Hills 90210) and Jennifer Finnigan (Close to Home), Molly Ringwald (Pretty In Pink) as a “nurse form hell,” Greg Grunberg (Heroes) and Lindsay Sloane (Weeds), and WWE Superstar the Miz.

Freshman USA Network Hit Suits Up for a Second Season

Storylinewise, Season 6 will find Shawn making some big leaps in his relationship with Juliet, while Gus deals with being a third wheel. Also, as seen in this “first look” clip we taunted you with last month, the authenticity of Shawn’s psychic skills is (literally) questioned.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

1. Allie says:

About time! Can’t wait :D

2. sam says:

why do we have to wait soooo looooonnnggg??? psych is my favorite show!

3. Emily says:

YAY!! Can’t wait! Gotta love Psych!

4. ggny says:

does it seem to anyone else that USA is trying to phase Psych out?

5. Tata says:

I remember when this show started. It was hilarious then, but since the fourth season or so I find I can’t watch it without getting bored. IMHO it’s gotten sort of over the top…god I miss Monk.

6. kerry says:

It looks like they are sort of phasing it out but I hope that isn’t the case because this show is one of USA’s best. Burn Notice and White Collar are runner ups to this show. Keep it on the air, USA.

• Carm says:

I love Psych but Burn Notice is the best show on USA. I am watching it now.

• ari21 says:

Totally agree I only watch USA Network for Psych(more episodes please) especially since they cancelled Monk..Can’t wait for Psych to start again!!!!!!!

7. Stefanie says:

So excited for Psych – esp. the vampire episode! I want a Buffy tv show alum to make a guest appearance too (it could be anoyone and I’d be thrilled! James Marsters, David Boreanaz, Alyson Hannigan, Seth Green ….) Wait – isn’t Tom Lenk supposed to be on a Psych this coming season?!?! Is it the vampire one?

8. Snsetblaze says:

I don’t watch the show but my husband does. That said, I thought the commerical that started airing with the cast singing “Don’t You Forget About Me” was pretty funny.

9. Kyle Andrews says:

Awesome news! Summer hasn’t been the same without Psych!They better not cancel this show, or I will be mad.

Is it weird that I’m looking forward to John Rhys Davies more because of the Sliders connection than the Indiana Jones connection?

Sliders forever! (even if a good chunk of it sucked)

10. Elizabeth says:

Oh, how I have missed Psych this summer!!! This show is one of my happy places. Shawn & Gus are the best!

I have a feeling this show won’t be on for much longer…. makes me sad to think about :( I will feel the same when Burn Notice ends.

11. Carrie says:

Woo hoo! Can’t wait!!

12. Rach says:

i love Psych and can’t wait for it to be back!!!
    And at least we know that Season 6 isn’t the last one…Steve Franks already said that the Season 7 premiere was going to be a musical episode.

October 12th needs to come sooner!!!

13. Kat says:

I LOVE Psych but I too think it’s on its last leg. In my humble opinion I say it’s good for at least 2 more years. Just read next season is the finale for In Plain Sight. First Monk, the IPS, whats next? Burn Notice?? All my favorite shows are on USA and if this keeps up I won’t have anything to watch pretty soon.

14. Laura says:

Whoo Hoo!!! Thank you USA for finally giving us the date. One of your best shows and I am glad that we now know when to tune in. By the way, if anyone from USA reads these message boards, you need to do a better job of honoring your loyal viewers of these shows. It is poor form, in my opinion, to change up the expected schedule with no date for return, for so long. It would have been nice to see the familiar faces of Shawn and Gus this summer with some of the many new faces you have thrown us. Just my two cents.

15. Bob says:

What the hey? NBCU/Comcast (owners of USA Network) actually let a show have a Season 6??? Who let that slip by? Based on how they’re treating The SyFy Channel, this is very surprising. What, did they run out of WWE wrestling shows???

16. Still have to think the delay speaks to the execs at USA thinking that the newer shows have more viability than Psych.
    There were some great episodes in Season Five (Shawn 2.0 was brilliant), but I’ll admit there isn’t much new left for the writers to explore. I’m hoping that Psych gets at least a partial Season Seven and a satisfying wrap-up when all is said and done.

17. floretbroccoli says:

I am very sad to see the great Malcolm McDowell identified only by Franklin and Bash. I guess it could be worse — he could have been identified by his time on Entourage.

18. NoOceanInKansas says:

It’s about time! I was beginning to wonder if the show was cancelled. There are times when this show is just so-so, but when it’s good, it’s really really good. Dule Hill is absolutely hysterical as Gus, and is actually the real reason I watch the show. Cannot wait to see William Shatner as Juliet’s father. Great job, casting monkeys!

19. suevey says:

Does anyone know if the Season 5 episodes will become available online once season 6 starts?

20. melanie says:

So an entire season of Gus dealing with being the third wheel, they just couldn’t get him a recuring romantic interest instead, it’s kind opf pathetic to see that grown a$$ man trying to figure out how to be third wheel