Nurse Jackie Scoop: Will & Grace Alum Bobby Cannavale Scrubs In

Bobby Cannavale is checking into Showtime’s Nurse Jackie for a major Season 4 arc.

The Emmy-winning Will & Grace actor will appear in 10 episodes of the dark dramedy’s next cycle as a hard-headed hospital administrator who aims “to improve the hospital’s efficiency and profitability” after a new conglomerate buys the financially-floundering All Saint’s Hospital. Of course, his arrival will certainly stir things up of the drug-addled Jackie (played by Edie Falco) and Co.

Cannavale was most recently seen flirting with Bridget Moynahan’s Erin Reagan-Boyle on CBS’ Blue Bloods.

Season 4 of Nurse Jackie goes into production this September, and is set to launch in 2012.

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Casting News

1. Steven says:

He’ll always be Bobby from Third Watch to me. Love him!

• kat says:

I totally forgot he was on Will and Grace, thought that was a random reference to use. I of course think of him first from Third Watch, then Sex and the City, lol. And he has been on everything. He was even on Blue Bloods this past season, right? I guess his W & G was the more forgettable role?

• rebecca a. says:

i have loved bobby since his third watch days too! it looks like i’ll be watching a new show next season. So happy to have him back on tv :)

• DJ says:

Me too… I loved Third Watch… Great show…

2. DL says:

Awesome. Just saw him on Broadway a little back in “The Motherf***er With the Hat.” Great actor. Might actually inspire me to start watching “Nurse Jackie” again.

• Nicole says:

I was actually on the fence about watching the show when it comes back because I find Jackie repugnant as a character but this just confirmed that I will be back to watch another season. Love him so much – he was fantastic in The Station Agent. Between him, Zoey, Thor and O’Hara there will be plenty to focus on other than the titular character.

3. Geo says:

Good. Nurse Jackie needs some serious shaking up, as most of the latest season felt like it was just spinning its wheels without really going anywhere (until maybe the very end of the season). I still have a hard time forgiving them for wasting that great ending of the previous season that should have significantly upped the tension, and then just handing us a lot of blah episodes that felt like stories we’d already seen before.

• gmoney1067 says:

Exactly! You summed up how I felt about this past season perfectly! There was barely any forward momentum with any of the characters and a lot of the storylines felt like filler. Very frustrating as the seasons are so short and the cast is so talented. Hopefully this season will shape up better!

• Jennie says:

Summed it up nicely for me as well. Hope he’ll be an interesting addition to the show and it finds its way back to the Season 1 and Season 2 quality, not that Season 3 was bad but nowhere good as the other two.

4. Elizabeth says:

Love this news!! I think Bobby’s great. The Station Agent with Peter Dinklage is such a terrific film; it’s when I became a fan!

• Jennie says:

*lightbulb goes off* That’s where I know Peter Dinklage from. The Station Agent. I’d been trying to place him. Yes, it is a terrific movie. He was impressive in it as he is in Game Of Thrones.

5. Katie says:

Love this guy but he is kind of the kiss of death to a TV show. He’s one of those that gets on a show and then it gets cancelled