Jane Kaczmarek Takes Over as Whitney Cummings' Mom on NBC's Whitney

Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming sitcom Whitney as the outspoken mother of Whitney Cummings’ titular character.

The series centers around Whitney and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek replaces Beverly D’Angelo, who played the mom role in the pilot.

For more details on this story, head over to TVLine’s sister site, Deadline.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Fall TV Preview, News, Scoop

1. djm says:

Sorry, but that show looks lame.

2. Michael says:

OMG YES!!! I might have to watch this now.

3. Steven says:

Raising the Bar and now this. Poor Jane deserves better. Her husband from Malcolm keeps raking in the Emmys and she has the acting ability to be as well.

4. Jessica says:

Why bother? I have this very strong feeling that this show will be cancelled after 1 or 2 episodes.

• phill says:

Comment by Jessica — August 11, 2011 12:53 PM REPLY

Did you want to change your comment considering the show is no in it’s second season?

5. DotDotDot says:

I like her, but man, does that show look irritating.

6. Romain says:

Why so much negativity? Based on the premise alone, I thought this show wouldn’t attract me, but the trailer actually made me laugh, which is more than I can say about NBC’s other comedy offerings this upcoming season. Up All Night, Bent and Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea all look dreadful to me.

The lead actress seems likeable enough, and it now has two excellent reasons to tune in with Maulik Pancholy and Jane Kaczmarek in the supporting cast.

7. Paige says:

I think this show looks hillarious, I don’t get how people don’t think it’s funny but hey to each his own, I’m still looking foward to it. The show seems very offbeat and I like that.

8. Templar says:

I love Jane K., but the actress playing Whitney is incredibly off putting. I won’t even give it a chance. It seems the fall programming is very female centric [stewardesses, Whitney, Charlie's Angels etc.]. The only one so far that intrigues me is the one with Zooey Deschanel.

9. no name says:

The commercials, alone, make me want to NOT watch this show – and those are supposed to be the best clips from show.