Fall TV Preview

Jane Kaczmarek Takes Over as Whitney Cummings' Mom on NBC's Whitney

Former Malcolm In the Middle star Jane Kaczmarek has joined the cast of NBC’s upcoming sitcom Whitney as the outspoken mother of Whitney Cummings’ titular character.

The series centers around Whitney and Alex (Chris D’Elia), a happily unmarried couple. Kaczmarek replaces Beverly D’Angelo, who played the mom role in the pilot.

For more details on this story, head over to TVLine’s sister site, Deadline.

Comments (12)

• Sorry, but that show looks lame.

Comment by djm – August 11, 2011 12:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So lame, that at our house we’ve nick-named it “Witless”!

Comment by amadeline – August 11, 2011 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG YES!!! I might have to watch this now.

Comment by Michael – August 11, 2011 12:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Raising the Bar and now this. Poor Jane deserves better. Her husband from Malcolm keeps raking in the Emmys and she has the acting ability to be as well.

Comment by Steven – August 11, 2011 12:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why bother? I have this very strong feeling that this show will be cancelled after 1 or 2 episodes.

Comment by Jessica – August 11, 2011 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *
      Comment by Jessica — August 11, 2011 12:53 PM REPLY

Did you want to change your comment considering the show is no in it’s second season?

Comment by phill – January 4, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like her, but man, does that show look irritating.

Comment by DotDotDot – August 11, 2011 01:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I couldn’t agree more!!! Every time I see a commercial I get annoyed!

Comment by Steph – August 11, 2011 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why so much negativity? Based on the premise alone, I thought this show wouldn’t attract me, but the trailer actually made me laugh, which is more than I can say about NBC’s other comedy offerings this upcoming season. Up All Night, Bent and Are You There Vodka? It’s Me, Chelsea all look dreadful to me.

The lead actress seems likeable enough, and it now has two excellent reasons to tune in with Maulik Pancholy and Jane Kaczmarek in the supporting cast.

Comment by Romain – August 11, 2011 02:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this show looks hillarious, I don’t get how people don’t think it’s funny but hey to each his own, I’m still looking foward to it. The show seems very offbeat and I like that.

Comment by Paige – August 11, 2011 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jane K., but the actress playing Whitney is incredibly off putting. I won’t even give it a chance. It seems the fall programming is very female centric [stewardesses, Whitney, Charlie's Angels etc.]. The only one so far that intrigues me is the one with Zooey Deschanel.

Comment by Templar – August 11, 2011 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The commercials, alone, make me want to NOT watch this show – and those are supposed to be the best clips from show.

Comment by no name – November 12, 2012 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post