Emmys

Exclusive First Look: Emmy Host Jane Lynch Gets Carried Away!

Want further proof that Jane Lynch will be hosting next month’s Emmy Awards as herself and not in character as Sue Sylvester? Look no further than Fox’s official poster for the Sept. 18 ceremony, which features the Glee superstar ditching her alter ego’s trademark track suit in favor of an ultra-chic red gown.

Sue wouldn’t be caught dead wearing something so glamorous.

Glee Exclusive: Look Who’s Enrolling at McKinley High!

I’m guessing McKinley High’s dictatress also wouldn’t take kindly to being manhandled by a bunch of strangers who are wearing skimpy shorts and dipped in gold body paint. Lynch, however, appears more than game.

Thoughts? Is this some award-worthy key art? Hit the comments!

Want Glee Scoop and Spoilers 24/7? Follow Ausiello on Twitter via @MichaelAusiello

Tags: ,

Comments (32)

• But i still want Sue Sylvester make one appearence

Comment by Lore – August 11, 2011 04:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love her. I think she is great, just like me. You got it going Sue, trust me. Big fan of you!

Comment by Kathi Dowling – August 11, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • No. Just no.

However, I would LOVE to see her show up as Charlie Harper’s shrink one more time!

Comment by TV Gord – August 11, 2011 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only thing she’ll be showing up to is Charlie’s funeral.

Comment by Jessica – August 11, 2011 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Jane Lynch, but photoshop much?

Comment by Linda – August 11, 2011 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • yeah those men aren’t usually gold

Comment by Chloe – August 11, 2011 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • well nether was the woman in the bond movie Goldfinger but the actress really had gold paint on her she had to be constantly checked to see if she was breathing!

Comment by Em J – August 11, 2011 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • why would anyone assume she would host the entire thing as sue?

Comment by J – August 11, 2011 04:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t get out into pop culture much, do you? She is “always” Sue, the same way the Artie kid sings in the wheelchair in concerts — even though he can walk.

Comment by danyelle – August 11, 2011 05:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yes but that’s because the actors perform the concert in-character. Kevin McHale wouldn’t host the Emmys in a wheel chair.

Comment by Captain – August 11, 2011 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love her as well, but I would have loved to have seen her real arms.

Comment by BRETT – August 11, 2011 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wouldn’t mind being manhandled by a bunch of men in short-shorts.

Comment by Meg – August 11, 2011 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane’s so funny, I’ll actually watch the Emmy’s this year. For all the Glee people nominated ;o)

Comment by Ash – August 11, 2011 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LOVE this ad. So fun and creative! She is going to rock the Emmys!!

Comment by Scott – August 11, 2011 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE Jane Lynch! I’m happy to see her not sticking to the typcsting, though I love Sue too. Jane is a talented entertainer and the many things she’s done in her career have been varied and terrific.

Comment by Jennifer – August 11, 2011 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad we won’t be seeing Sue. I can’t stand that character even though I LOVE Jane! She was amazing in Party Down.

Comment by Steven – August 11, 2011 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, dear Sue, you’re such a natural and a GREAT actress! Wow! You’re the person people hate to LOVE. Would miss a great piece if you weren’t there. Keep up the good work, girl! ♥ U!

Comment by Lisa Jobin-Cardozo – August 11, 2011 05:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lisa te estoy buscandooooo soy karina de argentina

Comment by karina cardozo – June 14, 2012 08:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh, by the way, I ♥ all of yas because each one of you is so UNIQUE!

Comment by Lisa Jobin-Cardozo – August 11, 2011 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • would like to see the Emmys being daring and true and have Jane hoisted by a bunch of amazons

Comment by Debra – August 11, 2011 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think she’s being “manhandled” per se; but I do think she’d probably personally like to be held up by a bunch of hot women instead.

Super excited that JL’s hosting – she’s awesome, especially outside of Glee.

Comment by Stefanie – August 11, 2011 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think those guys in the photo should have had golden bald caps.

or they could have just photoshopped them to look as if they were. >.>

Comment by Juan – August 11, 2011 07:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh wait, then they would be Oscars. XD

Comment by Juan – August 11, 2011 07:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Right. They look like Oscars. They should have been holding her above them. And also it would get rid of the awkward shorts in the photo xD

Comment by Michael – August 11, 2011 09:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What would be more awesome is if they went meta and have her appear as Charlie’s shrink or Sue, but in a self-referential way! :D Right?

Comment by fish! – August 11, 2011 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sue is original let her wear anything.she would look fine.love your style sue!!

Comment by william onyango – August 11, 2011 09:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looks like a poster for some sort of Aryan club.

Comment by mcat – August 12, 2011 02:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait for the day that Glee dies (and it will, sooner rather than later).

Comment by Bob – August 12, 2011 09:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Am I the only one who can’t help but notice the guys’ crotches? My oh my. Ahem…

Anyway, excited to watch Jane host the globes. Its gonna be epic!

Comment by Scoober – August 12, 2011 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I. Love. Jane. Lynch. That’s all.

Comment by jamie calarut – August 12, 2011 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Jane is so awesome. I think this is going to be another great ceremony–they’ve had good hosts the past few years (Neil Patrick Harris and Jimmy Fallon), and I have no doubt she’ll keep the tradition going.

I hope they have an intro as good as last years… preferably one that includes Joel McHale. I’m biased.

Comment by Christie – August 13, 2011 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post